Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

:Online: Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

40 Gold for the outlaw pass, and as normal if you make it to max rank (in this case 80) you'll have gotten all 40 gold back.

25 gold for the new role.

Edit: Not needed to start the role but like the metal detector there is a new camera which is $540 or 22 gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Varik wrote: »
    40 Gold for the outlaw pass, and as normal if you make it to max rank (in this case 80) you'll have gotten all 40 gold back.

25 gold for the new role.

Edit: Not needed to start the role but like the metal detector there is a new camera which is $540 or 22 gold.

At this point those numbers do feel like real money and gold. :pac:

I've got about 120 gold and a little under $50 left, not much you're really pushed to spend gold on in the game. If you do the dailies gold adds up quick, after I spent most of my previous gold I made that over about 3 weeks with only logging in for under an hour each day. Some of the daillies are done in five minutes, unless it's the dancing/music one which literally only takes 1 minute.

If someone was playing the game and managed to do the other roles then changes are they've more than enough gold, and if they haven't then the other roles are cheaper and that's plenty of content to work though at the end of which you'd have bought the new stuff.

Only reason I've so little dollars is I bought multiple sets of stuff so I'd not have to move saddles between horses, and I bought a load of cosmetics for random stuff. $250 is like 1 load of sold moonshine so I do that once and a legendary bounty or 2 and I've got the dollars for the new equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

So, thanks to Jordan 199 ( he can apologise to ye all later ) I have found the RDO thread . So prepare for any and all stupid questions, especially ones that would come from someone of an older generation .

First off, surely it's a mistake/bug that you need to shoot an animal with multiple sedating rounds to put them to sleep ? if it isn't then I can see myself getting tired of that pretty quick .

PS: I was attacked by a beaver so I shot it, turns out it was the legendary beaver so now I can't study it .

No it really takes that many, big reason to play as a group as you can all shoot and then all take the sample.

You'll hear a ding/bell/chime when it's had enough and then it'll stumble and fall near by, there's no real reason to revive the animal after the fact it doesn't give you much and costs too much.

Don't buy the pamphlet to make the sedative bullets, I did but it's not cost effective. It cost me about 580 to make 17 bullets compared to buying 200 for 7.

You have to track firs, then study, then shoot. You can't study when it's sedated or dead. In single player you could use a posion arrow to knock it out and then study it but not sure here. The legendary animals re spawn but I've no idea what the timer is as it's so new.

Edit: also there's a dark red cross that appear as opposed to the lighter red cross, when you see the dark red one stop shooting the animal has bee hit enough.

• Advertisement

If anyone is experiencing the bug where your hunting Wagon won't spawn , just reload into Free Roam and call out your wagon before you call your horse .

Also if anyone is looking for the Maerbay Coat from Gus it's the grizzly bear pelt you need, the 3* black bear pelt I just sold him won't do :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Is anyone else still experiencing the bug where madame nazar is never spawned?

I like the collector role other than this.

kiddums wrote: »
    Is anyone else still experiencing the bug where madame nazar is never spawned?

I like the collector role other than this.

Not here, on PC at least . She is always spawned . The Hunting Wagon is still an issue on PC though .

Had wagon issues, but never had nazar not spawn.

You should only sell full collections and not individual items (unless you full on that item) but you can post them to her.

Next Season got leaked by dataminers.

Halloween themed

Doesn't look like it's straight up zombies

• Advertisement

Winter update today, expanded bounty hunter stuff.

Bit lacklustre overall but after 2 odd years you can now paint your wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Varik wrote: »
    Bit lacklustre overall but after 2 odd years you can now paint your wagon.
    Sweet :D

I'm gonna use oil based paint because the wood is pine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw Red Dead Online went standalone yesterday and could be purchased separate to the base game. Had it in my head it was a fiver but checked there and it's 20. Jesus, that's a bit of a ripoff. CEX sell the base game for 20 which will come with Online as well.

Anyway, haven't logged in in ages, have a ton of gold but the last Outlaw pass looked crap and I had no interest in photographing/hunting animals, I just want to be a fecking cowboy robbing banks.

With my current games and Cyberpunk next week, will be the new year before I get back to this but feels like most of their love is going into GTA Online.

The game is reduced to €5 for plus I think right now, there's an upgrade to the full game so whatever the price will be it's going to be based off the current full game digital price.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Sweet :D

I'm gonna use oil based paint because the wood is pine.

Nah, lead based paint, so the prisoners can lick it and die before I get them to jail . Epstein would have loved it ............. or helped to love it :pac:

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I saw Red Dead Online went standalone yesterday and could be purchased separate to the base game. Had it in my head it was a fiver but checked there and it's 20. Jesus, that's a bit of a ripoff.
    €4.99 at the moment on the PlayStation Store. Same price on the Xbox store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

If you get that version does anyone know if you get anything with it, like enough fold for one of the roles? Probably highly doubtful but might be more tempted if there was

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    If you get that version does anyone know if you get anything with it, like enough fold for one of the roles? Probably highly doubtful but might be more tempted if there was

You get 10 gold for activating 2 step verification, and you get some extra gold for completing the mains story missions in online.

Also currently bounty hunter base role is discounted and is free if you're twitch prime.

Once you get started properly you get gold as fast as you need it for season passes and the new roles each season.

jonski wrote: »
    Nah, lead based paint, so the prisoners can lick it and die before I get them to jail .
    Lead paint - delicious but deadly.

New update Blood Money coming later this month, trailer is out tomorrow. Could be a new role, could be robbing banks, could be a few new story missions. My expectations are low but interested to see what it might be.

• Advertisement

Blood Money is out and it's a big ball of meh. Went to Saont Denis, met new character Guido who explained the story and he takes off. Then 4 strangers who already offer free roam missions now have blood money missions. All low honour fun stuff as i usually keep to high honour, coach robberies, kidnap, etc. During each mission, you can loot Capitale from chests or bodies, seems random and rare. Once you have enough Capitale, you can choose a Blood Money Opportunity from the stranger. Each offers the same one, Covington Emerald, with new ones being added in coming weeks.

This was a mission where you have to steal an emerald from a train with a few different ways to do it. Listen to conversations to get hints on how to do it but basically i jumped on the train, started blasting, jumped off and escaped, nothing too exciting and i got .10 gold and 60 dollars. Absolutely not worth it.

You can pay more Capitale for higher difficulties and better rewards but i couldn't be bothered.

On top of that, they have the new quick draw club, new one each month, that offers rewards from previous passes. All fairly shyte as well.

Did you come across any griefers Zero? They fcuking ruined it for me.

I played a god bit the last 2 days and didn't come across one other player in my sessions, bit weird but welcome.

Griefers haven't been a problem in RDO really, except for the first month or 2 of the beta.

You don't see other players on the map unless they're in practically shooting distance, and hostile players (who've kill or attacked other players) show up further away on the map. The only way to know if there's someone in you lobby is with the player list.

The map being huge compared to how easily horses can travel compared to GTA and Jets/flying bikes means along with the map differences you don't get people charging right for you.

Even when you do meet people generally they just tip their hat and move on, if you've got a bounty other players might go after you but that again doesn't show up unless you're very close and to take the bounty you've to select it in a menu after which you're marked as hostile so you can't just sneak up and jump someone.

Also the MTU glitch for PlayStation seems to work now if someone was really against playing with other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody else have really bad problems with the lightening in this? I’ve tried HDR both on and off and both don’t seem the best. The game is more colourful with HDR off but the darks are way too dark then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭brady12

I'd same problem in horizon zero dawn on LG CX , took ages fix it . Used settings off you tube and helped it .

Managed to finish the new season pass very quickly, it's only 25 levels costs 25 gold and you get the full 25 gold back again this time, didn't really have to do much other than a few missions and sell a bit of moonshine and got it.

Very early on it it has Dutch's outfit as an unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah, thank I’ll have to try find a guide to fix it. Really irritating, especially during the night time it almost makes the game unplayable.

I'm about half way through it without even trying, handy to get through but my issue now is the new content isn't holding my attention and I'd rather play other games. Don't think I'll bother with the next couple of passes if there isn't much interesting stuff added. Halloween one looks fun though.

I created a cow gal when i first for this, level 47 but I'd like to switch to a male cowboy now but looks like I'll carry over my money and gold but lose all my rankings so feck that.

Also, i finally made 1000 in cash (i don't bother with grinding) and don't really spend money as everything is too expensive but i had a discount on pamphlets so splashed out 700 quid on the ability to fast travel from camp. Bought it and then realised it's actually fast travel from wilderness camp which you have to buy separately for something like 700. Made me rage quit as i built up that money for so long and for nothing.

Turned on GTA Online, did the cayo heist, bought a new house & garage, clothes and tattoos in preparation for the new dlc next week and had infinitely more fun doing that.

Why can't they just add properties to this that you have to build up, upgrade, grow ingredients, stables for horses, etc. The map is so big, there's so much opportunity to expand the cowboy life, it's strange it hasn't been done yet.

• Advertisement

You should probably get the wilderness camp but wait for discounts. The wilderness camp is the same as the camp you could set up in the single player so you can fast travel from anywhere and also craft cooked stuff anywhere

From this weeks stuff getting the Split ammo pamphlet is a good idea, the ammo cost normally vs just buying better ammo isn't great but you can craft it by just kneeling with no camp at all, it's better than base ammo and you get bonus XP from kill with it as it the same as all the other better ammo.

Bounty hunter wagon too maybe if doing that stuff.

DISCOUNTS

This week, Stables are offering 30% off all Stalls and 40% off all American Paint Horses. Ammo Crafting Pamphlets, including both those for sale from the Fence and the Sedative Varmint Cartridge Pamphlet available for purchase from Harriet Davenport, are 30% off as well. Hone your lethal skillset and take 40% off all Ability Cards.

To mark the release of Blood Money, the discounts listed below are all active through July 26:

• 30% off all Role Improved Saddles and Saddlebags
    • 30% off the Bounty Wagon
    • 30% off the Varmint Rifle
    • 30% off the Navy Revolver
    • 40% off all Camp Dogs
    • 40% off all Camp Themes (Including Role Camp Themes)
    • 40% off all Clothing at Gus' Store
    • 40% off all Ponchos

Advertisement