Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acne at 19

• 03-09-2019 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I'm a 19 year old male who is still struggling with acne and to be quite honest I am sick of it. I have had it since I was 13 and it always been on my chin and my back. I have tried various creams which all have seemed to burn my face apart from sudocream. I also have dry skin with my acne for example my forehead would start flaking if I rubbed it with my hand or the skin on my chin would break up if I ate a sandwich despite the large amounts of moisturizer I would lather on ( Non comodgeinic of course). Lately my chin seems to come out in a lot of zits which make me real self conscious and has led me calling in sick to work on days or avoid going out with friends because of the state of my chin. I also tried various different diets and antibiotics. I even visited a dermatologist who said he couldn't give me accutane because my acne wasn't like many cystic sufferers but surely with me having it so long it could begin to scar? I was thinking about going back to try and get accutane but it will probably be a waste of another 150 quid for a consultation. Im also heading to college in a few weeks but I'm unsure if I'll go because my breakouts have gotten a Hell a lot worse and I don't know if I can face the thought of meeting new people with a pizza face. My father struggled with acne well into his 30's so I guess I'll be facing a similar fate. Sorry about this turning into a bit of rant but just needed to get it off my chest.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Sorry Paddy223, if you need medical advice you'll need to talk to your GP. For moral support, you might find the Clearasil and Hormones forum has a lot of folks in a similar boat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement