Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Holiday ideas with 5 year old

• 09-02-2020 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Looking for recommendations of somewhere to go either here or short flight away with 5 year old where there’s plenty to do. We live in touristy area here, not fair from beach so a lot of places here don’t appeal . We Have been to zoo a few times so Dublin/fota ruled out.

We don’t want a sun holiday either than just involves pool as she can’t swim yet. Any ideas welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

What about Centre Parc in Longford? Seems very popular! I'm heading there with my six year old in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

We’ve done Devon and Cornwall with our now 5 year old and we would go again this year but have a nutty toddler to contend with as well. Flew to bristol/cornwall, rented a car and a cottage for a week. Lovely little towns to visit, loads of farms and activities for younger children, beaches, zoo’s, walks and trails. Weather was excellent those weeks too. We went in late June/early July before school holidays in England so it wasn’t as busy as it can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Marhaps

Centreparcs has potential. We have already done all of Devon and Cornwall pre kids so feel like we've been there done that! Thanks anyhow for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Would ye go to Windsor and do Legoland?
    Ye don't have to stay onsite at Legoland, that'd add to the cost.
    Windsor is a fabulous town on its own merit. There's bus tours, boat tours and generally just walking around you see loads.
    Legoland is only about 20 minutes outside of the town and there's regular buses there, I think they might even be free.
    I brought my guy there when he was 6, its geared at younger children. He loved it.
    We only did one day at Legoland, I'd recommend 2 to see it all properly at leisure.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Have been to drayton manor (thomas land) twice and to Alton towers with my two. They are 4 and 6, but were 3 and 5 when we went to Altin. Highly recommend both.
    This year we are going to sanguli camp in salou. Looks amazing and looks like it has everything we could want.
    We are also looking at centre parks for a long weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Legoland in Billund, Denmark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭irelandrover

You should check out Landal parks. Very similar to centreparcs but cheaper. We live in Holland and go to these. You can get very varied parks as well as they have about 90 in Holland alone.
    They have loads of entertainment for the kids. A lot of newer chalets.

https://www.landal.com/

Advertisement