Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Election 20 GalwayWest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Vendetta? Jesus boards is attracting posters the lowest integrity......It’d of a more healthier nature/debate if you told me about her work on the PAC?

For someone who has dismissed her so easily and slated her for a long time on here I would have assumed you'd know of all her work? Or is it an uninformed opinion of her that you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

pure.conya wrote: »
    ah stop, what drugs are PBP and Joe on at all?

Between him, Burke from Solidarity, Farrell and the one from Paul Murphy's shower, the hard left are splitting their vote incredibly stupidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Not sure about CC or Hildegarde. Can't see Kyne, Grealish not getting elected, O Cuiv goes without saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭what_traffic

pure.conya wrote: »
    ah stop, what drugs are PBP and Joe on at all?

You should ask him, I don't know the man at all. Just seen the story online and posted to this thread.

Would recommend you get a solicitor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Removed some posts that may get boards in trouble as they could be said to be defamatory.

Please keep this thread civil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

zell12 wrote: »
    Harry Magee of the IT, hints that
    Grealish and O Cuiv will get elected

Putting his neck on the line there :pac:

they'll absolutely cruise in

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

when a man states freely that he's ****in sorted out a lot of drugs for people in this town it usually means he's ****in sorted out a lot of drugs for people in this town, the dope!!

again PBP and Joe are off their noodles if they think they've a snowballs chance in hell of him becoming a TD, they'd really want to lay of the craic because it's going to their heads now big time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Harry Magee of the IT, hints that
    Grealish and O Cuiv will get elected
    Pauline O'Reilly will come close to a seat
    Two Fine Gaels seats would be pushing it

O'Reilly (GP) will not go from 0-to-60 in GE20. Not a hope. Not in a constituency as complex as Galway West! She is a decent candidate but she's not a miracle worker.

O'Brolchain got 1,120 FP votes in 2011 (down from 3,026 in 2007 boomtime).
    Sheridan got 1588 FP votes in 2016.

People will be too scared of losing the Bypass and new taxes to vote Green in large numbers in Galway West.

O'Cuiv and Grealish will romp home.

biko wrote: »
    Removed some posts that may get boards in trouble as they could be said to be defamatory.

Please keep this thread civil.

I believe you removed the Wrong Post?

https://connachttribune.ie/mayor-of-galway-to-contest-the-general-election/
    "
    Mayor of Galway Mike Cubbard has formally announced his bid to contest the upcoming general election in Galway West.
    "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

what ever way you are inclined, just get out an use your vote

don't like any of the candidates , spoil your vote - its still counted!

Voting for FF? spoil your vote, i'm no FG lover (and ain't getting #1) but FF is the one party that brought the country to breaking point which many seem to forget. FF haven't cleared ranks yet, a few still there that were in the cabinet table from that time including its current leader.

so i ask to remember of where we were 10-13 years ago how it affected you, how we got there and who was responsible.

the message again, ensure you are registered and vote on the day even if it means spoiling it cause its still counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Have always been a floating voter but havent forgotten what FF and co have done in the past. FG have been terrible with the health service and housing, add in the debacle with the costings of the childerns hospital and the national broadband plan and they are not in a good place going into the election. Although MM propped them up I can see FF been returned as the main party but who will be in the position as kingmakers is anybody guess. I believe the greens wont do as well as they have in the locals. Lab are hoping to double their seats to around 15 which wont be easy. Nobody wants SF. The thoughts of MM been leader of the country is sending a shiver down my spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭zell12

37d1e-michealmartinff.jpg?w=194

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Have always been a floating voter but havent forgotten what FF and co have done in the past. FG have been terrible with the health service and housing, add in the debacle with the costings of the childerns hospital and the national broadband plan and they are not in a good place going into the election. Although MM propped them up I can see FF been returned as the main party but who will be in the position as kingmakers is anybody guess. I believe the greens wont do as well as they have in the locals. Lab are hoping to double their seats to around 15 which wont be easy. Nobody wants SF. The thoughts of MM been leader of the country is sending a shiver down my spine.
    I'd say we'll end up with another confidence and supply agreement only this time it'll be FF with the minority government and FG doing the propping.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

I hope the Greens have a great election and gain seats but I've never even heard of Pauline O'Reilly. What Galway needs is a minister that will have enough influence to get the f**king road built.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

O'Cuiv, Freakish and one of Kyne/Naughton will get back in. I'd fear for Connolly, I like her but independents get very little media attention for their work in the Dail, so she's suffered for not courting the racist vote and gaining media attention that way. If there is to be a surprise I don't think it will be O'Reilly, more likely O'Tuathail could take a seat. Hopefully it's a FG seat he takes and not CC's.

Ha, just spotted the autocorrect for Grealish above, think I'll leave it as is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

37d1e-michealmartinff.jpg?w=194

A FF TD local to me at the time, told me that they didnt crash the economy and IF they did, they didnt mean too. :mad::eek:

FG TD in the same area let slip that they have No interest in rebuilding the losses to the country caused by FF.:(

Denial and arrogance from the two main parties and both still in their seats.

I would expect the same kind of sentiments from the relevant parties here.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Bredabe wrote: »
    A FF TD local to me at the time, told me that they didnt crash the economy and IF they did, they didnt mean too. :mad::eek:

FG TD in the same area let slip that they have No interest in rebuilding the losses to the country caused by FF.:(

Denial and arrogance from the two main parties and both still in their seats.

I would expect the same kind of sentiments from the relevant parties here.

Ya. Unless you're a close friend to either of those TDs, I can't imagine they let those lines slip out intentionally.
    Or, you could name and shame.

Ya. Unless you're a close friend to either of those TDs, I can't imagine they let those lines slip out intentionally.
    Or, you could name and shame.

I'm not sure if you are implying that I'm lying or want me to break anonymity.

Im not a friend of either person I've quoted, but I take their carelessness about saying things like this as a sign of their apathy about my personal opinions on the topics and their arrogance about how sure they are people will vote for them no matter what they do.

I'm not sure if you are implying that I'm lying or want me to break anonymity.

Im not a friend of either person I've quoted, but I take their carelessness about saying things like this as a sign of their apathy about my personal opinions on the topics and their arrogance about how sure they are people will vote for them no matter what they do.

But like...what does this even mean??
    FG TD in the same area let slip that they have No interest in rebuilding the losses to the country caused by FF.

I honestly have no idea what you or the FG TD is saying. Rebuilding what? Were they saying they are not going to pay the national debt? banking debt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Catherine “for the common good” Connolly will struggle. Main thing she did was highlight her cronyism by give her sister her CC job

I once emailed Catherine Connolly, Hildegarde Naughton and Sean Kyne about a particular issue that was due to be debated in the dail. Catherine Connolly was the only one who responded and very promptly at that. I have no particular policitical leanings but I expect my TDs to represent their constituents in the Dáil so I was impressed with the response. The lack of response from the other two indicated to me that they have no particular interest in the views of their constituents. I also think Catherine has done fantastic work on the PAC.

But like...what does this even mean??

I honestly have no idea what you or the FG TD is saying. Rebuilding what? Were they saying they are not going to pay the national debt? banking debt?

You will need to be clearer, I dont follow what you are asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

I once emailed Catherine Connolly, Hildegarde Naughton and Sean Kyne about a particular issue that was due to be debated in the dail. Catherine Connolly was the only one who responded and very promptly at that. I have no particular policitical leanings but I expect my TDs to represent their constituents in the Dáil so I was impressed with the response. The lack of response from the other two indicated to me that they have no particular interest in the views of their constituents. I also think Catherine has done fantastic work on the PAC.

you have no policitical leaning but just want to get the point across that catherine connolly was the only one to respond to your email while at the same time having a dig at 2 others . amazing then that you also think that catherine has done some fantastic work . lol . is that you catherine?

spurshero wrote: »
    you have no policitical leaning but just want to get the point across that catherine connolly was the only one to respond to your email while at the same time having a dig at 2 others . amazing then that you also think that catherine has done some fantastic work . lol . is that you catherine?

Is that you Hildegarde??? :D

Grealish will top the poll!

Surely that's not going to happen after his recent disgusting xenophobic and racist remarks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Surely that's not going to happen after his recent disgusting xenophobic and racist remarks?

He won't top it but he won't be far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Thats exactly what will get him elected! "Hes speaking the truth! You cant say anything about any1 these days etc etc". Rural Ireland is angry +will lean to the right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Far fair to her or her secretary for replying to you, I alway think the very least a public rep can do.

You will need to be clearer, I dont follow what you are asking.

Ok.

Please explain in your words what you think the FG TD meant by this statement...
    FG TD in the same area let slip that they have No interest in rebuilding the losses to the country caused by FF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'll probably go for Mike Cubbard. If nothing else, he's very busy at making himself present around the city.

Advertisement