Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl Christmas Crackers - 12 days offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Tuesday 17th offer is After Eight €1.99 & Cadbury Fingers €2.49.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

My local lidl is not enforcing the 2 per customer rule, I saw multiple people checking out with stacks of 4. They were probably all gone by 9 this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

None in local store, must have just missed them... Many people checking out with 4+ boxes as mentioned above with no problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

in cork city people just taking 2 each no one pulling the p1ss flying out of pallets not much left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Managed to get 2 packs in the Ennis road, Limerick at about 10.45 was still a few left, was shocked tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,363 ✭✭✭✭zell12

All sold out in mine by 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

All sold out in my local store after the school run

• Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

79366481_3101058333241003_3310903839384666112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=Kig02KE-KKAAQl_-fxFlZCB-xHnOcoZYTN-p2zvhKQbtabEWkjRmqK_ww&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=0cff59846fa11a4fdec4c65e278d75b4&oe=5E7956B8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

B0jangles wrote: »
    My local lidl is not enforcing the 2 per customer rule, I saw multiple people checking out with stacks of 4. They were probably all gone by 9 this morning :(
    Doubt that.....the till refuses to take more than 2. If that goes through, only 2 will be at the discount. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

KOR101 wrote: »
    Doubt that.....the till refuses to take more than 2. If that goes through, only 2 will be at the discount. :)

Not true... Saw at least 3 people checkout with 4 or more boxes at the discounted price, same as last year. I guess it depends on which till you get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I remember last year.
    They just used put things through on separate transactions!

Wednesday 18th is Milk Tray 360g €2.49 & USA Tin 1kg €4.99

I don't think this is true - One guy I saw bought nothing except the 4 boxes and he nearly ran me over when he was driving into the carpark he was in such a hurry to get the cheap crisps -I think he'd have noticed if only half of them were discounted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

B0jangles wrote: »
    I don't think this is true - One guy I saw bought nothing except the 4 boxes and he nearly ran me over when he was driving into the carpark he was in such a hurry to get the cheap crisps -I think he'd have noticed if only half of them were discounted :)
    Okay, so many people posting suggests I'm wrong on this. I know from experience, with weekend offers anyhow, that when I've gone over the limit, the cashier looked at the till screen and warned me about the limit saying I would be paying full price over the limit.

Maybe it doesn't apply to the Christmas day offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Happened to me, got tonic water and as in sealed plastic so handy to carry etc, I left them and got one or two more and easier to scan without breaking plastic

Checked receipt and was charged full whack for over the ten (made sure to go back)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭rule supreme

I got 3 boxes of the tayto offer and the man working told me he would scan 2 of them separate because any boxes over 2 would be charged full price .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone else get a wrong deduction on the fingers this am? girl automatically gae me a euro coin back as their tills were only taking €4.00 off instead of €5.00

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Was in the local lidi yesterday at 10. No boxes left. The local pickeroonies had been in,same today....but there was lots of crisps.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lidl deals better than Aldi this year

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lidl deals better than Aldi this year

Definitely - I kept seeing the Aldi ones and thinking I wouldn't even want one of them, let alone two :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

amber2 wrote: »

That USA tin is 6.99 in Aldi... one shop's half-price is not necessarily another's.
    Offtopic I know but I find some of the pricing on chocolate etc a bit crazy in the supermarkets, all to make the offers seem better.
    Tesco have some nice chocolates in their '3 for €10' deal - Malteser truffles, chocolate orange segments, Toffifee 400g plus the usual packs of Heroes etc. But the prices they have on each individual one are crazy - the Heroes pack are €9.73 or something like that. Then if you walk down the next aisle, you can see the bigger tub of Heroes for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

amber2 wrote: »

The Facebook page is showing only the Milk Tray for Wednesday - I wonder if the USA bikkies will be Thursday?

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    The Facebook page is showing only the Milk Tray for Wednesday - I wonder if the USA bikkies will be Thursday?

Nope both tomorrow according to their website

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/christmas-crackers/c1027

No on Thursday It’s pouches of Cadbury Hero’s/Roses/Celebrations buy one get one free €3.99, mix and match

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Definitely both on offer today as got some this morning. Cashier girl enforced the 2 max on me but lady behind me in queue put through another 2 for me - cashier girl not impressed!

Afternoon tea and choc Kimberley - €4.99 tomorrow 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snow Crash

vicwatson wrote: »

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d878662aaae0517b971e7efb320e5e3e6ce9bf95&rid=giphy.gif

Snow Crash wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d878662aaae0517b971e7efb320e5e3e6ce9bf95&rid=giphy.gif

There will be blood :P

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Where do these offers be located in store ? they were probably all gone by the time i got there anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

vicwatson wrote: »

Doesnt matter what they charge. They'll almost be gone before the store opens.

Advertisement