Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabot financial claims notice

• 18-09-2019 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi wondering could anyone help me. I got a claim notice from Cabot yesterday its for a debt with mbna going back to 2007 for 12k

I havent dealt with them since 2014 on this.

I dont mind actually going to court to fight this as I know they pay pennies for the loan. However Im not sure what next step to take?

If you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Nathania

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Could you not pay what you owe instead of trying to weasel out of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaddyGannon

First of, why put this in the Rp off Ireland as I don't see a rip off here, unless you enplane it.
    gwalk wrote: »
    Could you not pay what you owe instead of trying to weasel out of it?

I wonder why you didn't give an answer to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

It doesn't matter what (or when) they paid for your debt - you still owe 12k

I recommend that you make them a % offer based on your means and circumstances.
    Work out a payment plan with them that you can afford.
    They will probably require a Standard Financial Statement from you.

They will most likely accept a realistic % offer, with payments over a few years.

(ASKABOUTMONEY is a useful place for financial questions.)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭eirman

If you can't work out a good deal with them yourself, make and an appointment with your local MABS office.
    They provide a great free service.

If you are of very meagre means, they could get the debt frozen (but not written off).

• Advertisement
Advertisement