Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

• 22-08-2019 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

With the pre-sale kicking off... It's time for a fresh thread (358 pages of replies on the 2019 thread :eek:)

Let's kick things off with the statement from ATN:

All Together Now 2019
    As the dust settles we look back on and take stock of our second chapter. Firstly, the All Together Now team would like to say we are absolutely and fully committed to making sure that the issues that arose this year’s festival are not repeated. We have taken in every comment, every email and are carefully taking stock of where we need to improve. We have met and are working closely with An Garda Siochana and our other partner agencies to ensure that the traffic experienced travelling to this year’s festival does not happen again. We aim for the highest standards and plan to deliver the best festival experience possible. We are deeply disappointed that some areas of this years All Together Now fell short of expectations, and for this, we are truly sorry.

We have been heartened by the All Together Now community that has taken the time to share their experience with us. Although there were negatives, which we have to and will address and improve for our third edition, there were some amazing and memorable moments. You were respectful of each other, of the beautiful landscape and all our wonderful performers. You enjoyed feasts of food, bespoke cocktails, hidden stages, and hot tubs and a host of different and quirky gems. The Arcadia, Afterburner shot its flames into the night sky, whilst Tigre’s 20 foot wooden Redwood Stag installation looked on down the Road To Nowhere toward the illuminated Curraghmore House. Brunch on the Bandstand with Blindboy had you captivated on Sunday afternoon, overlooked by Tigre’s new wooden Lion. Memorable music moments from Patti Smith to The Murder Capital, The National to Loyle Carner, even the sideways rain couldn’t stop you enjoying The Wailers and Sing Along Social. Our youngest festival-goers enjoyed the dedicated kids’ space, Kids Together, where face painters and performers enthralled both parents and kids alike - the little ones even danced in the rain as George Fitzgerald took over the annual Arcadia Kids Rave.

We now have the privilege & responsibility of getting back to work on the third edition of All Together Now, which will again take place on the Bank Holiday Weekend - July 31 - August 2nd 2020.

Festival Capacity: We can confirm that our capacity will not increase next year, as we endeavour to improve the overall experience for our loyal audience. All Together Now will remain again Strictly Over 21s. Children between the ages of 12 and under can attend free of charge, accompanied by a parent with a family ticket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MargoChanning

I just got tickets using the presale link now- I just kept trying and eventually it worked, so don't lose hope if you can't get past the verify card stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

One thing to be aware of folks - the tiered pricing ONLY applies to the presale (from today until the 8am Thursday Aug 29)

Once the tickets go on general sale, there will be no tiered pricing and all tickets will be the full whack of 220euro (Which is indeed more than full whack last year)

Probably a way to sway people like me to try and get tickets 40 euro cheaper this week vs being on the fence for the next couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spinningcat

I just got tickets using the presale link now- I just kept trying and eventually it worked, so don't lose hope if you can't get past the verify card stage!

Where is the pre sale link?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MargoChanning

Look back at the 2019 thread- someone kindly posted a link, it could be on the third last page maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spinningcat

Or the link to the past purchaser pre sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭fillup

Now let the b*tching about wasp driving children's cars begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭RINO87

Can you buy a campervan pass standalone, and a weekend ticket at a later date? Need to bag a van ticket but the early bird tickets will be gone before payday....

RINO87 wrote: »
    Can you buy a campervan pass standalone, and a weekend ticket at a later date? Need to bag a van ticket but the early bird tickets will be gone before payday....

Since they're "separate" tickets - I would say you can do that.

Can't find any specific info to confirm that though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

RINO87 wrote: »

You sure can, that's what I have done, would love to buy the early bird tickets outright too but its a fridge too far at the moment.

Ugggghh Im so conflicted.

Might buy them now and sell them if I decide not to go. I don't know if my desire to "send a message" is worth 40 euro p ticket.

Anyone want to convince me to one side or the other of this fence Im on? How likely is it to sell out again?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gkhant

I also posted this in the 2019 thread, but just curious about this:

Has anybody else noticed Aiken Promotions are listed this year as festival co-organisers?

I checked my last year tickets and it was POD alone.

Or have I missed summat completely that I didn't notice their involvement before...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Might buy them now and sell them if I decide not to go. I don't know if my desire to "send a message" is worth 40 euro p ticket.

Anyone want to convince me to one side or the other of this fence Im on? How likely is it to sell out again?

I hear ya.

I love the madness of ticket release day but finding it hard to motivate myself. They seemed to have addressed or at least mentioned the traffic chaos wont be an issue next year. Despite that I found the lineup this year a bit sparse for my tastes. I think I'm willing to hang back for a while... most likely will take my chances with a glasto ticket next year and wait until I see the initial lineup for atn 2020 before deciding.

Most likely that'll be too late but it's a risk im willing to take

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

I want to preface this comment with the fact that I know nothing about childbirth, but I'm betting that the pain of this year's antics will long be forgotten when ATN 2020 is coming over the horizon...

I'm locked and loaded for ATN 2020.

gkhant wrote: »

Has anybody else noticed Aiken Promotions are listed this year as festival co-organisers?

Or have I missed summat completely that I didn't notice their involvement before...

I've heard rumours - Nialler9 wrote this about this years edition:
    There has been talk that POD has teamed up with Aiken in these bookings but yet to be confirmed officially.
    from this article https://nialler9.com/all-together-now-2019-lineup/

But not able to find anything else...

SoundOfSilence, fish_fingers - ye could be the angel and devil on my shoulders .. :p I appreciate the help

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

You sure can, that's what I have done, would love to buy the early bird tickets outright too but its a fridge too far at the moment.

Youre very chilled about the whole scenario

SoundOfSilence, fish_fingers - ye could be the angel and devil on my shoulders .. :p I appreciate the help

I notice the lack of the word "respectively" in there...I'll just assume that I'm the devil :)

• Advertisement

I notice the lack of the word "respectively" in there...I'll just assume that I'm the devil :)

I actually can't decide :p

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gkhant

My tuppenny pence worth...

I caved straighaway!! :)

Overall, I avoided the chaos this year (by pure luck) and we had a great weekend meeting lovely peeps everywhere.

That said, they need to get their sh!te together for 2020 or else.

As you said, you could always sell later! Better the divil you know rather than possibly missing out??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Anybody else just get an email from them where the text is all unreadable?

My tuppenny pence worth...

I caved straighaway!! :)

Overall, I avoided the chaos this year (by pure luck) and we had a great weekend meeting lovely peeps everywhere.

That said, they need to get their sh!te together for 2020 or else.

As you said, you could always sell later! Better the divil you know rather than possibly missing out??

I think you're right. I feel like it'll sell out again.. I feel like most people either loved it regardless or like you caved immediately ;-)

It wouldn't be difficult to sell the 180 euro tickets once general sale is on at 220. I want to be convinced to go again though, so hopefully we get a nice line up, some solid proof of improvements and have a nice time over the 2020 bank holiday weekend.

I'm doing it.

I think you're right. I feel like it'll sell out again.. I feel like most people either loved it regardless or like you caved immediately ;-)

It wouldn't be difficult to sell the 180 euro tickets once general sale is on at 220. I want to be convinced to go again though, so hopefully we get a nice line up, some solid proof of improvements and have a nice time over the 2020 bank holiday weekend.

I'm doing it.

....and the crowd is going wild... :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

That's interesting.
    Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, smells a bit like EP 2009 all over again....

Just my luck... ticketmaster can't find any at 180. Did I sit on the fence too long? This changes everything

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just my luck... ticketmaster can't find any at 180. Did I sit on the fence too long? This changes everything

I tried just after I read this and was getting the same, but few minutes later I can get them no prob

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

yep tier 1 gone, I'm now being offered €189.50 tickets!
    FOMO
    so just bought them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe Aphex Twin for 2020 hopefully seeing that POD booked him twice now for Forbidden Fruit.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement