Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have to say I'm disappointed with the lack of pre order deals, I would have thought a pair of headphone at least for the lack of headphone jack.

I deinitely won't be buying a non 5G version of this so if anyone had a link for a Amazon or Microsoft option I'd appreciate it, I have this but the "UK Version" is putting me off
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Single-SIM-6-3-Inch-Android-Smartphone-Aura-Black/dp/B07VWPV4JC/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=note+10&qid=1565296921&s=gateway&sr=8-7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Clareman wrote: »
    I have to say I'm disappointed with the lack of pre order deals, I would have thought a pair of headphone at least for the lack of headphone jack.

I deinitely won't be buying a non 5G version of this so if anyone had a link for a Amazon or Microsoft option I'd appreciate it, I have this but the "UK Version" is putting me off
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Single-SIM-6-3-Inch-Android-Smartphone-Aura-Black/dp/B07VWPV4JC/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=note+10&qid=1565296921&s=gateway&sr=8-7
    That's the one I bought. The UK version I assume just means it's in english as default and an exynos chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

dan786 wrote: »
    If its going to be a couple of months why not just wait and pick one up in a store there? Might drop in price a bit also.

Eglobal sell the SD ones and their prices are well below here after couple of weeks of release.

The usa unlocked one has the most LTE bands so handier when roaming, Hong Kong version you get on eglobal has missing bands compared to irish/ uk model.

If you preorder on Samsung US you get 150 dollars toward accessories.

Are the unlocked ones easy enough to pick up in stores? I thought they would be carrier versions mostly.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The usa unlocked one has the most LTE bands so handier when roaming, Hong Kong version you get on eglobal has missing bands compared to irish/ uk model.

If you preorder on Samsung US you get 150 dollars toward accessories.

Are the unlocked ones easy enough to pick up in stores? I thought they would be carrier versions mostly.
    My S10 I got from Vodafone was unlocked from the get go. I suspect (and it's been mentioned elsewhere) that these carrier devices will be unlocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

These Notes haven't impressed me at all, especially the vanilla note 10. 1080p, no sd card, no headphone jack. For close to a grand. To be honest a note 9 looks like a much better deal.

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    My S10 I got from Vodafone was unlocked from the get go. I suspect (and it's been mentioned elsewhere) that these carrier devices will be unlocked.

They might have carrier bloat on the usa models. Also each carrier phones have different bands, with some missing they are all different models. The unlocked direct from Samsung usa are the most complete phones when buying a Snapdragon 855 version.

These Notes haven't impressed me at all, especially the vanilla note 10. 1080p, no sd card, no headphone jack. For close to a grand. To be honest a note 9 looks like a much better deal.

That's why you'd buy the 10+.

For the first time in over a decade, I might hold onto a phone for over a year. My Note 9 is still going strong, and I really can't see anything that's a huge improvement on the 10.

I guess the same could have been said going from the 8 to 9, but I got the 9 for just over €600 (€800 less VAT through 3) on release, so it was easy to justify. Can't see any chance of getting the Note 10+ for anything close to that this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Question for anyone who bought from Amazon or Samsung UK especially in the past. Who have you insured/ will you insure your phone with?

I have seen some companies only insure a device purchased in Ireland so I don't want to get caught out.

mooneyd wrote: »
    Question for anyone who bought from Amazon or Samsung UK especially in the past. Who have you insured/ will you insure your phone with?

I have seen some companies only insure a device purchased in Ireland so I don't want to get caught out.

I've never had phone insurance since I first bought a phone in 1997 but there must be companies willing to insure non network devices.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

487587.jpg

If you are buying/bought from Amazon you can get £100 cashback. This is on-top of the amount of the trade-in of the qualifying device. (Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei etc)

Full Offer details page

• The reward is only available to items sold by Amazon on the website www.amazon.co.uk (When the message below ‘Buy Now’ button states ‘Sold and dispatched by Amazon’). The promotion does not apply to purchases made from Amazon's Warehouse Deals or from third-party sellers on Amazon Marketplace, even if they are identified as "fulfilled by Amazon" or "Prime Eligible".
    • Pre-order a qualifying Samsung Galaxy Note 10 UK Version and Trade In a selected device between 23:01 (BST) 07.08.19 and 23:59 (BST) 22.08.19.
    • After the purchase, visit https://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/promo/amz4uptrn and complete the online claim, provide the IMEI number of the Promotion Product purchased and the IMEI number of the Trade In device, and all other required information.
    • Claims must be submitted by 23:59 (BST) 5th September 2019. Claims received outside the Claim Period will be marked as invalid and will not be accepted.
    • Customers will be sent an email to confirm your claim has been received and a pre-paid special delivery envelope. Customers must post their Trade In Device in the envelope within fourteen (14) days of receipt.
    • Within 48 hours of the Promoter receiving the Trade In envelope, the Promoter will validate proof of purchase and then send an email to confirm whether the Claim has been successful and validated.
    • Delivery of the Reward will be by bank transfer to the UK bank account provided in the Claim.

Very straight forward. Says UK bank account but Revolut/Fire should work fine. If you bought already, do nothing till phone arrives. Click link above to validate IMEI then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Davy wrote: »
    487587.jpg

If you are buying/bought from Amazon you can get £100 cashback. This is on-top of the amount of the trade in.

Nice find n worth a shot...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

unklerosco wrote: »
    Nice find n worth a shot...

Yeah absolutely. Basically it covers the price of the 5G upgrade for free.
    Decent range of options to trade-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The trade offer is valid with most retailers in UK. Its just a bonus trade in promo for £100. You need to trade in a device and also send it to UK to claim.

They send a prepaid envelope for UK customers. From here you will have to find address and cover cost yourself. They might decline it once it reaches
    Dont think its being run here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Are all of the 5G models dual SIM?
    All of the Samsung titles say the wrong screen size and dual SIM for the 5G so I'm just a little concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

£400 trade in offer for the note 9 128GB or 512GB.

Having paid extra for the 512GB phone I would have expected a bit of a difference between the two on trade in.

Might change my order to the 256GB phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I really like the look of the standard N10 and I think the N10+ would be a bit big for my hands.

Currently using a OP5 so ready for something new and would have pre-ordered if they had of had a watch/buds etc freebie but now I'll wait and see what they feel like in hand and either get the N10 or S10+.

Decisions decisions.

With the trade in deal when they say 'faulty' how faulty can the phone be? Missus is a professional phone destroyer and I've an S7 & S9 here with completely destroyed screens on them. Phone works but the screens are f&%(ed... Does that county as faulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Still undecided. Dont need 5G so Three at 1049 looks the best deal but they only have black for some reason. Want the Aura Glow one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My take on it is that 5G will be here soon so for the extra ~10% it'd be madness not to go for it now, if nothing else it'll make it easier to sell on.

1 thing that always annoys me about buying a new phone is that they have to be put in a case straight away cause I'm so clumsy which means the different colours don't make a difference to me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Is there a standard Note 10 5g coming or is it just available in USA and Korea (gsmarena source) ? Would rather the smaller model over the Pro.

rizzee wrote: »
    Is there a standard Note 10 5g coming or is it just available in USA and Korea (gsmarena source) ? Would rather the smaller model over the Pro.

afaik the 10 doesn't have a 5G option, only the 10+

Also, when it comes to colour... Always black!

unklerosco wrote: »
    afaik the 10 doesn't have a 5G option, only the 10+

Also, when it comes to colour... Always black!

Classic black!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It just goes to show how innovating Apple is.
    When Apple removed the audio jack it shouldn't have taken Samsung so long to realise that keeping the audio jack and SD card slot is no longer viable.
    Deleting previous smug adverts is not good for a companies image.

tuxy wrote: »
    It just goes to show how innovating Apple is.
    When Apple removed the audio jack it shouldn't have taken Samsung so long to realise that keeping the audio jack and SD card slot is no longer viable.
    Deleting previous smug adverts is not good for a companies image.

I assume they want to push the Galaxy Buds

If you had told me 2 years ago if I could survive without an audio jack I would have told you it'd be impossible, now I couldn't tell you the last time I used it, no harm in keeping it. SD slot is still important for me, for example if I'm heading on a long flight I'll fill a couple of stuff to watch but now that the internet is available EVERYWHERE including planes that's not so much of an issue, saying that, 512GB is loads of space at the moment.

rizzee wrote: »
    I assume they want to push the Galaxy Buds

Or any kind of wireless buds, I picked up a pair of cheap ones for my brother in law on AliExpress, they are great, I'd go as far as to say they are a lot better than a pair of cheap wired headphones.

Clareman wrote: »
    Or any kind of wireless buds, I picked up a pair of cheap ones for my brother in law on AliExpress, they are great, I'd go as far as to say they are a lot better than a pair of cheap wired headphones.

I'd agree with you there & on your previous post. Bluetooth in the car & headset while running, no need for wires. Albeit I do prefer the wired connection charging to wireless, for obvious reasons.

I've the wireless duo charging pad and I don't know how I ever lasted without it, so handy just popping the phone down on it, I'm seriously going to look into wireless charging in my next car.

• Advertisement

Anyone else pre-order? Thinking of getting the Note 10 standard from Harvey Norman @ 969.

Advertisement