Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

• 20-03-2019 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Will be launched in less than a week. Supposed to blow the S10 and pixel 3, iphone out of the water. Camera is almost on par with a DSLR. It doesn't come cheap either with the Pro expected to start at €999.

Who is holding out on the S10 for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Pics and prices already leaked on Twitter a few days back.

See tweets from Roland Quandt
    Prices here
    Check out @rquandt’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/rquandt/status/1107747043852865536?s=09

possible 10 optical zoom - pretty mad for a phone.

getting more and more expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Still don't think it's going to be much of an jump over the P20 pro to warrant jumping on ,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Holding out for this one on upgrade on Eir
    Mind you specs look very similar or even identical to the mate 20 pro??

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Holding out for this one on upgrade on Eir
    Mind you specs look very similar or even identical to the mate 20 pro??

the high optical zoom seems to be the big difference.

new Kirin cpu won't come out until the next mate pro phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Have been waiting a while for these. But was hoping for headphone socket, alas rumour says only the P30 will have one, not the Pro. Also rumoured not to be 5G , which is a shame as I would have hoped to have this phone for 2-3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Decent pre-order offer again from Huawei. Will either be Sonos One and Wireless charger or the new Watch GT Active and Wireless charger.

Was better last year with Bose QC 35II.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

dan786 wrote: »
    Decent pre-order offer again from Huawei. Will either be Sonos One and Wireless charger or the new Watch GT Active and Wireless charger.

Was better last year with Bose QC 35II.

Apparently confirmed as the GT watch sport which shipped with some retailers selling the P20 pro a few months back ,

Interesting feature is the split screen showing the image from 4 cameras one zoomed in and one at normal focal length

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/22/huawei-p30-smartphone-inadvertent-leak/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

glasso wrote: »
    the high optical zoom seems to be the big difference.

new Kirin cpu won't come out until the next mate pro phone.

Which one would you go for the P30 pro or Mate 20 pro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Finally a thread. I was just about to make one.

I have the S9 and plan to wait for the full details of this during the press conference before deciding on the S10 or P30 but I am bored of Samsung and don't think they're really innovative lately.

Main reason I am so interested in the P30 as the P20 camera looks amazing, supposed to be 7x or 10x zoom in the P30!!! Jesus!!!

Sounds like a good time to buy a P20 Pro if there isn't that much of a difference apart from the camera zoom?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Da Optimist

The P20 Pro hasn't come down in price for months though and can't see it dropping much when the P30 Pro comes out. It's currently around the 650 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

The P20 Pro hasn't come down in price for months though and can't see it dropping much when the P30 Pro comes out. It's currently around the 650 mark.

It's not on prepay but you can get the p20 pro for free on Tesco mobile for 40 a month on a 24 month contract.

Might suit some people. Pretty good deal once Tesco give you decent coverage in your area.

Huawei have posted Irish preorder video on Facebook. Free Sonos One speaker, has to be claimed after purchase by 2nd June.

https://www.facebook.com/HuaweimobileIE/videos/2390977354254269/

Surprised there is no chatter here a out the new phone.

Anyone getting it?

I'm still turn between the S10 and P30.

I'm waiting to see the pricing on Three. But the Pro is top of my list right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see the pricing on Three. But the Pro is top of my list right now

I see the Vodafone pricing is up. €279 on the 60 a month contract from them.

I'm just out of contract with Vodafone so am tempted to go for it, but will wait and see if Three undercut it.

All things being equal, not sure whether I'm too pushed on the Sonos speaker though. Would have preferred the new Watch.

Only 839 on prepay from VF. Not bad. You get Sonos as well which will bring cost down. P20 Pro was 799 on release.

I would be of similar thought regarding the Sonos, as I have the original Hauwei watch and love it, so the new one would have been great!

From Carphone Warehouse
    PRICING
    SIM FREE: €949.99
    EIR: €349 on a €69.99 a month plan or €54.99 a month plan. €499 on a €39.99 a month plan. €949.99 on prepay.

THREE: To be confirmed.

VODAFONE: To be confirmed.

• Advertisement

ok Three are up

€529 on 30 per month
    €399 on 45 per month
    €269 on 60 per month

Love the Three Prepay pricing 779 for Pro and 579 for P30. Sell Sonos on and you have a P30 for 400 or Pro for 600. Not bad for a flagship comparable to S10 and S10+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

When is the official release date for this? Three's price 50/60 quid cheaper than VF I wonder do they come unlocked? Are they Dual Sim?

Official release is 5th April

Love the Three Prepay pricing 779 for Pro and 579 for P30. Sell Sonos on and you have a P30 for 400 or Pro for 600. Not bad for a flagship comparable to S10 and S10+

Great. In on pre pay with three.

Are the sun free? The dual SIM will be vital for me when traveling abroad.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Great. In on pre pay with three.

Are the sun free? The dual SIM will be vital for me when traveling abroad.

All Huawei pre-orders that I have ever bought from Three came factory unlocked. Include P30, P30 Pro and Mate 20 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Screen resolution is only 2340 x 1080. That's quite a lot worse then Mate 20 or Galaxy s10.

Now to find a nice case for the pro. Anyone with suggestions?

Add in what you get for your old phone too. In my case..the S9.

Basically a free P30 or Pro for €200

• Advertisement

Just see the pro doesn't appear to come with a wireless charger :( another item on the shopping list (along with a case and screen protector)

Advertisement