Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

Hi guys, just a quick question. Does anyone know if there is an Aer Lingus kiosk in Birmingham airport to print boarding passes?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

When you get to the airport just head to the Aer Lingus check in area, they'll print off your boarding passes for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

Great, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

TPMP wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a quick question. Does anyone know if there is an Aer Lingus kiosk in Birmingham airport to print boarding passes?

If you have a smart phone, you could always do it all through their app.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Officer999

I'm planning to book flights from Toronto to Dublin and I notice that Aer Transat are coming in way cheaper than Aer Lingus.

Has anyone much experience with Air Transat? Would you recommend them? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

If they're that much cheaper than EI than I'd consider it, but I flew on that route last year and it was probably the worst TA service I had. The FAs weren't very attentive, food was mediocre at best and the legroom is quite tight compared to its competition, also, the aircraft are ancient (15 y/o avg)

They're quite hit and miss according to reviews. See this for some other reviews: http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/air-transat/?sortby=post_date%3ADesc&pagesize=50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

How old are the 757's used on the Aer Lingus route, it's operated by AG ASL on behalf on Aerlingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Officer999

If they're that much cheaper than EI than I'd consider it, but I flew on that route last year and it was probably the worst TA service I had. The FAs weren't very attentive, food was mediocre at best and the legroom is quite tight compared to its competition, also, the aircraft are ancient (15 y/o avg)

They're quite hit and miss according to reviews. See this for some other reviews: http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/air-transat/?sortby=post_date%3ADesc&pagesize=50

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the reviews are not that great but the difference in price is over €200. I think at that price difference I might go with the basic option...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

Officer999 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah the reviews are not that great but the difference in price is over €200. I think at that price difference I might go with the basic option...

If it's that much of a difference I'd go with it, EI isn't worth the extra €200, as January pointed out EI's 757s on the route are old too. (18 y/o was the one that flew it today, -LBS.)

Definitely, I booked 3 flights to Edmonton via Toronto last week. If I could have avoided AG ALS I would have but they wanted as direct as possible for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Lustrum

I flew with Transat last September on their A310, and AL in December on the 757 (both return trips). To he honest I thought they were much the same, but was surprised with both at how spacious they were, and I'm 6'2". Food on both is mediocre, cabin crew is luck of the draw whether they're attentive or not, if anything the economy seats on air transat were more comfortable. If you're saving 200 quid then it's a no-brianer for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

plane's age has nothing to do with comfort. As long as the plane is well maintained and regularly refurbished, age really is just a number. Also it makes me sad to see that some people think a 15 year old plane is ancient.. really?

martinsvi wrote: »
    plane's age has nothing to do with comfort. As long as the plane is well maintained and regularly refurbished, age really is just a number. Also it makes me sad to see that some people think a 15 year old plane is ancient.. really?

Nah, I flew on a BA 747 last year, now they're ancient.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Anyone know what aircraft will be operating EI630 on the 16th feburary?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lockheed wrote: »

A320 is scheduled.

Nah, I flew on a BA 747 last year, now they're ancient.

Try the MD-88's with Delta in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Carnacalla wrote: »
    A320 is scheduled.

I meant the reg but thanks anyway lol

I meant the reg but thanks anyway lol

Should of said that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Hey all,
    General question about oxygen masks here (hopefully never needed...). Airline doesnt matter as procedures are the same at least on the airlines I've travelled with so far.

How many masks are actually there in the panel above your head? One per seat?

Reason i'm asking is that when you're travelling with a child under two, they have to sit on your lap. Should the cabin pressure drop - would i have a mask for my child?

I would assume not? :eek::confused:

galah wrote: »
    Hey all,
    General question about oxygen masks here (hopefully never needed...). Airline doesnt matter as procedures are the same at least on the airlines I've travelled with so far.

Reason i'm asking is that when you're travelling with a child under two, they have to sit on your lap. Should the cabin pressure drop - would i have a mask for my child?

I would assume not? :eek::confused:

According to this link there are usually 4 masks per 3 seats.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-children/1283646-oxygen-mask-lap-baby.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

galah wrote: »
    Hey all,
    General question about oxygen masks here (hopefully never needed.......

Reason i'm asking is that when you're travelling with a child under two, they have to sit on your lap........
    Majority of drop down compartments have 1 extra mask. So a B737/A320 with a 3-3 cabin set-up would have 4 masks above each row of 3 seats. The mask will also stretch back or forth 1 row. (Twin infants cannot be seated on parents laps together if there is another child. Hence the confusion of some parents of twins when they get allocated aisle seats across from each other)
    Some twin aisle aircraft (widebodies like B767,A330,B747,B777) may have a restriction on infant seating due to availability of drop down oxygen units. The crew will be aware of this and will reseat infants if they are incorrectly allocated seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭IrishB.ie

This was the question
    A320 is scheduled.

This is an answer to what TYPE of aircraft (not the question asked)
    Should of said that so.

He did

IrishB.ie wrote: »
    This was the question

This is an answer to what TYPE of aircraft (not the question asked)

He did

Wasn't clear, and you know that. No need for the arrogance.
    99.99% of people if they ask what aircraft and you give them a reg they will be confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭IrishB.ie

Wasn't clear, and you know that. No need for the arrogance.
    99.99% of people if they ask what aircraft and you give them a reg they will be confused.

Not arrogant, pragmatic.

Given the OP's username, location and posting history I would be quite sure
    they are not 99.99% of people.

IrishB.ie wrote: »
    Not arrogant, pragmatic.

Given the OP's username, location and posting history I would be quite sure
    they are not 99.99% of people.

I didn't realise I need to look into that, my god what an awful fourm this would be if we had to look into each users posting history just to reply to them.

This isn't an elitist fourm you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

That level of detail (aircraft registration for a particular flight) is never going to be known until the night before, and even then the authorities are reluctant for security reasons for it to be given out publicly.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Guys,

Can we please draw our horns in a little, the tone is getting a little heavy and confrontational. The point about the actual assigned aircraft and the security implications are valid, so please, let's not get into a fur fight about it from here on in.

Thanks

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

That's why they made him the Mod :pac:

Shannon757 wrote: »
    That's why they made him the Mod :pac:

Do you not think the others are equally as equip to deal with the matter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Do you not think the others are equally as equip to deal with the matter?

That's why they made him a Mod.

Advertisement