Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

scudzilla wrote: »
    If he's not in the UK would that matter?

AFAIK The UK prohibits the re broadcast of any ATC. Just look at LiveATC.net there are no UK airports on it. I would just hate to see a good bloke walking into trouble, i know its not exactly terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

What PSNI guy can inforce UK rules here? Out of the jurisdiction.

Liveatc dont accept feeders living in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

I don't think they can enforce that down here, we allow it here and Mech1 is obeying Irish Law in Ireland, I don't think there's an issue there... Important to remember though that it's not allowed in the UK, but if you're based in Dublin then you're fine under Irish law.

Bit of a non-runner anyway, I followed a easyjet flight as far North as Lisburn tonight then lost coverage. There are mountains in the way.

I can hear ryanair etc from South Wales as its a clear line of sight.

I could probably hear airborne transmissions if I stuck to the radar freq with no squelch, but we then lose the Dublin stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Xpro

EIDW No1 On the list now, with 47 listeners beating the long time winner KJFK:D

YEY!!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Xpro wrote: »
    EIDW No1 On the list now, with 47 listeners beating the long time winner KJFK:D

Yeahh!! No1!

I think this is appropriate:

its highest (today) was 61 listeners this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Probably all listening out for the first lady arriving. There was some convoy leaving the west apron with her, 22 cars :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Did anyone hear ATC speak to Air Force zero one, pretty sure I heard them say it, definitely heard Sam 44 contact ATC afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

ShanE90 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear ATC speak to Air Force zero one, pretty sure I heard them say it, definitely heard Sam 44 contact ATC afterwards

That was CANFORCE01 a Royal Canadian Air Force A310

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭happy_head

Great job Mech1...really appreciate the feed!

Well I got the D-777 ordered along with 2 new pl259 coax connectors today. Just under €100 including shipping.

Hope to have it here by Thursday so should be installed before the weekend, weather dependent of course.

It's supposed to be the best Airband antenna available in a affordable price bracket, we will see! Lots of people here to access the performance of it.

Thanks again to everyone for tuning in, it makes the whole effort worthwhile.

Comments good or bad are very welcome as it confirms people are interested, and keeps ME interested.

Pat.

Tonight im increasing the delay period on the main frequencies, 4 seconds from 2, in order to make it more "followable" for people not used to scanners.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Mech1 wrote: »
    Tonight im increasing the delay period on the main frequencies, 4 seconds from 2, in order to make it more "followable" for people not used to scanners.

Does anyone know of any good online resources that explain ATC communications fully? I'm guessing some things and googling others

Write a list of sentences you dont understand and post them here, I recon you would get answers quickly.
    I was in the same situ not so long ago, but over time copped on to most, I would also be interested in reading your answers.

Any thoughts on improving the feed ?

Did the delay on freq extension help?

Do we cover too many freq? If so what do we drop?

Any volume problems? I can adjust if too high/low.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I think 2 secs is good enough.

I'm not in favour of adding Aldergrove as your feed is for EIDW although the G8 thing is a once off.

From my personal point of of view I'd remove the ops frequencies and stick with ATC but that's just my 2c and maybe others might disagree.

Your feed is excellent but be careful not to have too many frequencies as it will make listening disjointed. Dublin/Approach/Tower/Gnd is good enough for me.

It'd be great if others would voice their opinion so we could all have a consensus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

I completely agree with crosstownk, many frequencies in one feed makes listening exhausting

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    I think 2 secs is good enough.

I'm not in favour of adding Aldergrove as your feed is for EIDW although the G8 thing is a once off.

From my personal point of of view I'd remove the ops frequencies and stick with ATC but that's just my 2c and maybe others might disagree.

Your feed is excellent but be careful not to have too many frequencies as it will make listening disjointed. Dublin/Approach/Tower/Gnd is good enough for me.

It'd be great if others would voice their opinion so we could all have a consensus.

Yes Aldergrove was supposed to be only for Monday, is it still in?:eek: checking now.

Ops freq's can go, Im not interested in them myself either.

More opinions wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ops freq's can go, Im not interested in them myself either.

More opinions wanted.

I'd be with Crosstownk,haven't much interest in ops frequencies myself.

I think the best thing would be for just ground, tower and approach.

I would love to listen to ops, that would really interest me, but unfortunately, it'd just clutter up the others and you'd be left with an incoherent sliver of many different frequencies...

I think the best thing would be for just ground, tower and approach.

Personally, I'd like to see the Dublin higher frequencies included too.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Personally, I'd like to see the Dublin higher frequencies included too.

Give me the frequencies and I will try it.

Give me the frequencies and I will try it.

I got this from the sticky. I've been using LiveATC for so long that I've forgotten the frequencies :o

If anyone else has other frequencies to suggest then please work away.

Dublin (EIDW) :

Radio Frequencies
    Tower 118.600
    Approach Radar 121.100
    Secondary Approach Freq 119.550
    Dublin Center North (primary center freq) 129.175
    Dublin Center South 126.250

EDIT: Also add Ground on 121.8MHz

op's gone,
    clearance gone,

This is the new feed list:

124.650 Dublin Departures Control
    121.100 Approach
    118.600 Tower
    119.550 Dublin Approach (backup)
    129.175 Dublin Centre North
    126.250 Dublin Centre South
    118.500 Dublin FIS
    121.800 Ground

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

i like listening to the ops freqs

Buy a scanner !!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

someone start a vote thread , I dont know how to.

Advertisement