Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

These next three matches in the football are going to be really interesting.
    In my head Dublin are well capable of losing the next three Donegal (H) Tyrone (A) and Galway (A).
    But they are just as capable of winning all three remaining games! It is my favorite time of the GAA intercounty year right in the thick of it. Figuring out where each intercounty team is at in thier evolution.
    Looking for signs of consistency and improvement from the Dub hurlers (as usual).

It is days like this I wake up and say 'jayus it is great to be a Dub' we are blessed to have these sports and follow this county.

The only thing I don't like is the poxy weather at the matches this time of year.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

These next three matches in the football are going to be really interesting.
    In my head Dublin are well capable of losing the next three Donegal (H) Tyrone (A) and Galway (A).
    But they are just as capable of winning all three remaining games! It is my favorite time of the GAA intercounty year right in the thick of it. Figuring out where each intercounty team is at in thier evolution.
    Looking for signs of consistency and improvement from the Dub hurlers (as usual).

It is days like this I wake up and say 'jayus it is great to be a Dub' we are blessed to have these sports and follow this county.

The only thing I don't like is the poxy weather at the matches this time of year.

Three very tough matches coming up. Like yourself nothing would surprise me about any of them. Could lose all three, especially the two away games. However, i would hope to win at home tonight and win one of the two away games. Hammer Meath at home and that may squeeze us into another League final. Whatever happens there's some top class football to be enjoyed over the next couple months.

Three very tough matches coming up. Like yourself nothing would surprise me about any of them. Could lose all three, especially the two away games. However, i would hope to win at home tonight and win one of the two away games. Hammer Meath at home and that may squeeze us into another League final. Whatever happens there's some top class football to be enjoyed over the next couple months.

Forgot about the 'former senior royals' as they say in the UK! :o

I did not do that on purpose. Hoping for a bit of needle in that Meath one can't see Dublin losing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Any sign of the team yet.

Any sign of the team yet.

Nope but the u20 royals were well beaten in Parnell

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/1231237502041808896

• Advertisement

Eir Sport doing a good job of showing our games. Nice Capital double header tonight. I expect a big performance from our hurlers but think Wexford will ultimately take the two points on offer. This test will show us where we are.

Very encouraging from Dublin. Giving Wexford plenty. Still lack a goal threat but some great passages of play. O Donnel a top full back. Trollier Dillon looking lively when brought on.

Trollier with an early candidate for score of the year om 61 minutes. What a point that DJ Carey would have been proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

The ref didn't forget his cards today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Another embarrassing surrender. I've had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭MFPM

Encouraging for the hurlers but the lack of goals a real issue but they have to start winning games like this when they are on top for long periods.

Another early goal conceded for the footballers and slow start for the second game running.

Sickening to let that little pest Fitzgerald leave town with the two points. I'm sick of his constant acting the ginnit on the sideline and would have loved to ram.it down his throat and shut him up. Why couldn't we see that out? O Donnel's loss was felt but we threw that away really. 60 good minutes and hadn't the street smarts to close it out.

Sickening to let that little pest Fitzgerald leave town with the two points. I'm sick of his constant acting the ginnit on the sideline and would have loved to ram.it down his throat and shut him up. Why couldn't we see that out? O Donnel's loss was felt but we threw that away really. 60 good minutes and hadn't the street smarts to close it out.

100% agree, he's a media darling, can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭JRant

The hurlers are shïte, there's no way to sugar coat it. A mentally weak team unfortunately. Played okay for spells but lack the mental strength to see out a game.

Very worrying trend with the footballers as well. Whatever Dessie and Co are doing before matches is not working. It's taking the team an entire half to wake up.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It's like watching Barcelona with the amount of diving and play acting these Donegal boys do.

What's happening with Mannion been awful everytime I've seen him this year.

Slattsy wrote: »
    It's like watching Barcelona with the amount of diving and play acting these Donegal boys do.

Deegan is buying what they are selling though.
    One lad went down holding his head when Fitzsimmons tried to slap the ball out of his hands.

JRant wrote: »
    Deegan is buying what they are selling though.
    One lad went down holding his head when Fitzsimmons tried to slap the ball out of his hands.

He let of Murphy lightly as well.

• Advertisement

They're the worst for it, always have been. Don't know why pundits don't pull them up more often. Up to the officials to cut it out otherwise they'll keep doing it, bred into them it seems, because they certainly give it.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    He let of Murphy lightly as well.

They all do. It's a rare day he gets pulled up for his nonsense. Even that time he got a ban for boxing a lad the pundits were queuing up toake excuses for him. Smashing footballer though.

Lots of players off form tonight, Dias hasn't done much. Rock missed a few sitters and left ball behind. Mannion quiet. But hard to show well in these conditions against a negative team.

Looks like we've unearthed one in Bugler though.

Another dive

JRant wrote: »
    Another dive

Went down touching his head then limped up and ran off.

Rock having a mare here.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Went down touching his head then limped up and ran off.

Rock having a mare here.

Rock looks like he's playing with lead boots on.

Some of the shots they’re taking on are very un-Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Great save

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

At least Fitzgerald can install some resolution and spine in his teams, unlike Kenny. I knew going into the last 10 the players were going to **** themselves and **** themselves they did. Body language said it all

• Advertisement

Ref didn't fall for that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement