Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir data poor or phone on way out?

• 19-02-2020 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭

I work in Dublin City center around Abbey Street on Eir network .

For the last few days I've had to repeatedly turn on and off flight mode to re establish a data connection while using my phone.

Is it just my phone on the way out or is it the Eir network? Phone works fine over WiFi

Comments

Test your SIM in a different phone.

Test your phone with a different SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Was going to offer the above advice.
    I had the same problem with Eir. A new sim fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

My dad went from Vodafone to gomo who I assume use eirs infrastructure and he's constantly complaining about his Internet dropping out as he goes through the city centre, actually he'd be passing through Abbey Street area. I'm gomo too and have had no issues but I'm never in the city. Bit of a coinsidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

I am in Mayo on GoMo and I notice the internet dropouts frequently. The thing is I have a H+ connection at the time so I have a decent signal but its like I am passing to another mast and it never hands over properly. Ive to turn data on and off to resolve. Other days it works without issue but thats rarely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

pippip wrote: »
    My dad went from Vodafone to gomo who I assume use eirs infrastructure and he's constantly complaining about his Internet dropping out as he goes through the city centre, actually he'd be passing through Abbey Street area. I'm gomo too and have had no issues but I'm never in the city. Bit of a coinsidence.

VF are premier league,eir - Sunday league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

VF are premier league,eir - Sunday league

I knew that before moving. I just assumed reception issues would be more in rural areas. I wouldn't have expected reception issues in a city centre. Will have to keep an eye on it next time I'm traveling across the city.

Advertisement