Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

EXnQkuB.jpg

Always handy to top up on the Christmas jumpers and a pro tip pack them away with the Christmas decorations so you’ll remember them for next year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just ordered a load of Christmas scents candles from the candle warehouse. All on 50% off. Keep the Christmas smells going into the new year and beyond :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Be sure to give yer man from the candle thread a head's up! :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Be sure to give yer man from the candle thread a head's up! :pac:

I lol’d.

A lot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Loughc wrote: »
    Just ordered a load of Christmas scents candles from the candle warehouse. All on 50% off. Keep the Christmas smells going into the new year and beyond :)

Just ordered two large jars and a tea light holder - will keep them until next Christmas :D

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    EXnQkuB.jpg

Always handy to top up on the Christmas jumpers and a pro tip pack them away with the Christmas decorations so you’ll remember them for next year.

This offer ends tonight. Just got the mail again.

Wlfo407.jpg

€6 in Dunnes at the mo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Better stock up for Christmas 2020. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Better stock up for Christmas 2020. :pac:

Best before date is prob Easter at best :P

Homestore and More selling off wrapping paper for 49c a roll and half price on all Yankee Candle Christmas Scents and gift sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,815 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dealz have the large Starlyte candles for €2.50 , and Christmas wrapping paper 3 for 25cents . All their Christmas stock are reduced to rock bottom prices .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Just treated myself to this “ Snoopy” Halloween ornament for 11.91 plus p&p on Amazon.
    It retailed at $24.99 ( roughly €22.50) when it was released last year. It’s the cheapest I’ve seen it since last July. No import taxes either which I always try to avoid paying!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NLS58RD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another Hallmark bargain alert for Sesame St or Pop culture fans.The Bigbird 50th Anniversary magic ornanent is currently €9.69 on Amazon.com. Postage is an extra 5/6 euro. This retailed at $22.99 ( €20) over Christmas in U.S so is still cheaper including the postage.
    God it brought me right back to my childhood opening it....can't wait go put it on my tree next year! Roll on OctoberðŸ˜
    amazon.com/s?k=Hallmark+bigbird&ref= nb_sb_ness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭Caranica

Sundew wrote: »
    Another Hallmark bargain alert for Sesame St or Pop culture fans.The Bigbird 50th Anniversary magic ornanent is currently €9.69 on Amazon.com. Postage is an extra 5/6 euro. This retailed at $22.99 ( €20) over Christmas in U.S so is still cheaper including the postage.
    God it brought me right back to my childhood opening it....can't wait go put it on my tree next year! Roll on OctoberðŸ˜

Thanks, that's gorgeous and particularly given that the original big bird puppeteer passed away recently. Ordered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Can you tell me how to get to...........:D

Happy childhood memories when you only had RTE/BBC to watch cartoons.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Can you tell me how to get to...........:D

Happy childhood memories when you only had RTE/BBC to watch cartoons.

My husband keeps telling me that I had a deprived childhood not having BBC, but at least we had Sesame St. I loved " The Count" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My husband keeps telling me that I had a deprived childhood not having BBC, but at least we had Sesame St. I loved " The Count" :)

Oscar the grouch was my personal favourite!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I was trying to explain to my daughter that the TV we had when I was her age had 8 channel buttons on the top and you had to go up and press one when you wanted to change channel.

She looked at me like I had two heads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I liked the count and Oscar but had a soft spot for Cookie Monster.

DvB wrote: »
    Oscar the grouch was my personal favourite!!

Same puppeteer as Big bird, Carroll Spinney. RIP

Funeral was at the weekend, I saw clips on Factbook. Cried my eyes out

• Advertisement

Mine came today. Half tempted to leave it out year round on a shelf as it's quite big and not especially festive. But then again it would be magic (and huge) on the tree...

Caranica wrote: »
    Mine came today. Half tempted to leave it out year round on a shelf as it's quite big and not especially festive. But then again it would be magic (and huge) on the tree...

Caranica, only saw your reply today. I'm kinda just popping in now and again for a browse so hadn't checked this thread. Oh that's cool that you got your " BigBird," :) To be honest when it's on the tree with the other festive items, you don't think about it not being a " Christmasy" item. I thought it looked great, then again I have a mish-mash of everything on my tree.

I did my first bit of Christmas shopping today and picked this Lottie stable up from Arnotts today. It was on sale for €21 reduced from €70. Think it was last one left.
    https://eu.lottie.com/products/stables-playset

Just a heads up but there have been a few nice bargains on Amazon.com lately regarding Hallnark ornaments. Prices fluctuate sometimes up to silly prices but I have seen a few nice ornaments drop to around the 7/8$ mark that retailed between $16 and$22 when they came out. A good way to pass the time while the corona virus limits shopping trips ;)

Forget stockpiling toilet paper, and stockpile christmas ornaments instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,128 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

These might be handy to stock up on!
    118777619_3461121237272272_1041427319418988113_o.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=8C0E55rd7rEAX9W79_y&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=84a429c1b2ea317ffe6566f8d096b2b5&oe=5F76BA6D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,128 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

119707784_1221697191540997_4933243925116203431_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=bqLTlBZS9AwAX9mzj4t&_nc_oc=AQk_0TACWVSBDa-c9xrZfDHoNHdc63zOpvj2v3HJxJv7dJuvz2lsUkNbb_7R4PJWNJA&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=d9785549a9946c2e663e258798cb5ae5&oe=5F88E9E3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Tattinger Champagne for the festive season down to €39.95 in O'briens.

Could drink it like water if my budget allowed!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Did anyone’s arrive? Trying to decide on one

Yes, got them . A Christmas set and the Meg and Mog set .

• Advertisement

BOOTS TOMORROW!!! .... this BELLA BABE SET from Bellamianta will be reduced from €130 to €49.99!! Instore and Online! This sells out every year for Christmas�������� ,this year they have all new sparkly packaging and you will get the NEW Luxury Body Tanning Brush ⠀��⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Set includes;⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • Glycolic Scrub ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • Gradual Moisturiser ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • Exfoliating Mitt (NOW with shower loop)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • Luxury Velvet Mitt ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • Mousse Shade Medium (our much loved rapid mousse in new packaging)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • Body Makeup Shade Dark ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • Bronzer Powder ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    • NEW Luxury Body Tanning Brush https://www.boots.ie/bellamianta-bella-babes-gift-set-10282329

Advertisement