Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Screwfix 10% off everything

Options
  • 13-02-2020 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭

Get 10% off everything at screwfix.ie using code IEWEB10, 13th to 16th Feb.
    To celebrate 4 new Irish openings at Sandyford Industrial Estate, Swords, Ennis and Waterford.
    Free delivery for orders over €50.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Thanks a lot as I was just about to put in an online order that was over a hundred euro:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 eoin317

Any other discount codes for screwfix floating around at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Looks like it's collection only at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 eoin317

No, still delivering in 1-3 working days but said it might be slightly delayed. Asked them for a discount when I rang but they said their prices are as low as they can offer etc. etc. etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

All stores now closed and can't order online to Ireland either.

I ordered some items online for shop collection last week.
    Turned out didn't need one of them so brought it back to shop for refund.
    Shop said I would have to bring it back when the shop was fully open again.
    Didn't really want to hang onto it for 6 or so months so emailed HQ and asked them was there anything I could do?
    A refund appeared back on my card within a day and they said to keep the item as they didn't know how long it would take to reopen the shops.
    Good customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DJ WIPEOUT

The lack of quibble and speed of refunds is frighteningly good - well done Screwfix!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I like Screwfix anyway, but hearing about customer service like that will keep my ordering from them.

On a side note - anywhere that's delivering DIY type stuff at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Hi, just wondering if anyone has managed to successfully order something online and get it delivered? Been trying the last few weeks with no luck.

Yep, I've done it twice in last few days, each order took 2 days to get to me.
    You have to be located within 15 kms of one of their 5 shops though.
    Go online early, I've ordered at around 8-9am to make sure order got in before they got full up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

timple23 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has managed to successfully order something online and get it delivered? Been trying the last few weeks with no luck.

Ive ordered a couple of times and had it delivered in a day or two,but its only within 15km of a store and you need to order early enough during opening times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭ALS

I ordered from the Kilkenny store (I live in Dublin) took a week but got delivered by GLS last Monday...
    Ive ordered a couple of times and had it delivered in a day or two,but its only within 15km of a store and you need to order early enough during opening times.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭AnRothar

ve ordered a couple of times and had it delivered in a day or two,
    Same here.
    But what I now want is not currently in stock:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

ALS wrote: »
    I ordered from the Kilkenny store (I live in Dublin) took a week but got delivered by GLS last Monday...

Had they the 15km restriction notice when you ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I ordered a shower head this morning which cost me a fiver.
    They didn't add a delivery charge even though it states on the website that it's free delivery on orders over €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Im only going from my own experience but it says on their site its only within 15km of your local store,i ordered something last week in the morning and they delivered it in the afternoon,great service from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭ALS

Yes I just changed my arm, was only a tin of varnish
    brightkane wrote: »
    Had they the 15km restriction notice when you ordered?

That was a result, must be relaxing the rules coming up to next Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

I'm more than 15km away and have been in contact with customer support.

They have advised that I should be able to put a order through but the website won't allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

ordered from the swords store and shipped same day by gls to Cork. even though its supposed to be a 15km limit

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

I presume the 10% offer is over.

Just seems to be chat here about deliveries.

Maybe a mod can change title to expired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

FLOOPER wrote:
    I presume the 10% offer is over.

Oh it's long over. I happened to need several thousand worth of stuff for my business three months ago and saw this thread. I saved several hundred euro at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

How quick/slow are they to deliver? I ordered some stuff off Amazon and its taking years!

Actually, I am 18km from nearest store (swords) so they prob won't deliver to me anyway! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Are they back doing online orders on the Irish site?
    Was browsing earlier in the week and the only option available was deliver from store and I am well over 15km from a store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

py2006 wrote: »
    How quick/slow are they to deliver? I ordered some stuff off Amazon and its taking years!

Actually, I am 18km from nearest store (swords) so they prob won't deliver to me anyway! :(

I am 25kms from the swords store and they delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

crasy dash wrote:
    Are they back doing online orders on the Irish site? Was browsing earlier in the week and the only option available was deliver from store and I am well over 15km from a store

No online orders. Huge selection of stuff not available at all. All hardwares £DIY stores are allowed open from Mon. Probably best to wait till then

I ordered some items this morning from Swords as they didn't have them in stock in Stillorgan just to see would it work as it's 38.2km away from me.
    Order paid for and confirmed with no delivery costs even though the total was only €25.
    It will be here before Woodies reopen and will be half the cost and don't have to spend 2 hours waiting in a queue to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

If you go on early in the day you have a better chance of ordering. As I think stores can only process a number of orders every day. I had something ordered and paid for but they ended up refunding me.

timple23 wrote: »
    If you go on early in the day you have a better chance of ordering. As I think stores can only process a number of orders every day. I had something ordered and paid for but they ended up refunding me.

Yep.
    Resets around 8am.
    Tried to order something that wasn't in stock in Swords from Stillorgan after Swords order and they were charging me €5 delivery.
    No charge from Swords 38km away but €5 delivery from Stillorgan 2 minutes away, can't figure that one out. :confused:
    Wonder will they be click and collect on Monday, nothing on website?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

My drill packed in this evening, is this discount code still valid? I need a cheap hammer wire drill. Anyone have a recommendation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thread title edit please....now expired

Advertisement