Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reference 5700xt or custom 5700xt

• 06-02-2020 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Finishing off my upgrade and saw that amd is selling the reference model for 380 delivered the nearest custom models average 50 to 70 euros dearer,is the price increase worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

daheadonu wrote: »
    Finishing off my upgrade and saw that amd is selling the reference model for 380 delivered the nearest custom models average 50 to 70 euros dearer,is the price increase worth it?

That is the price without VAT off the AMD website go further into the process and you will see the real price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

5700 XT = go custom

Blower models are simply inferior to a decent axial cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

That is the price without VAT off the AMD website go further into the process and you will see the real price.

Thanks for the heads up mate!so any idea of ehat custom card to look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    5700 XT = go custom

Blower models are simply inferior to a decent axial cooler.

Seems to be red devil and sapphire nitro se that are coming up as the top recommendations from most users. I'm ordering whichever one of those I decide on. Head wrecking trying to decide but probably only splitting hairs between them.

amadablam wrote:
    Seems to be red devil and sapphire nitro se that are coming up as the top recommendations from most users. I'm ordering whichever one of those I decide on. Head wrecking trying to decide but probably only splitting hairs between them.

Was looking at gamernexus and he said the gigabyte one is the best allround,gonna look into that one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Was looking at gamernexus and he said the gigabyte one is the best allround,gonna look into that one

When I was looking around most people recommended the nitro and red devil and a few seemed to have issues with the gigabyte version but I can't remember what issues they were now.

I went with the red devil in the end

Ended up picking up sapphire nitro + for 412 blips on Amazon warehouse,bit of a gamble,but hopefully it turns out ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Ended up picking up sapphire nitro + for 412 blips on Amazon warehouse,bit of a gamble,but hopefully it turns out ok

What swayed you away from the Gigabyte you had decided on? Curious before I purchase Red devil or nitro+ SE

amadablam wrote:
    What swayed you away from the Gigabyte you had decided on? Curious before I purchase Red devil or nitro+ SE

I was also focused on the 2 you mentioned and the gigabyte card
    I just thought the nitro was a bargain
    at that price and the general consensus is its the best 5700xt

Advertisement