Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Increments

• 05-02-2020 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hope someone can help with a probably simple question which I'm trying to get right.

I am having issues with my increments I have been teaching fully qualified for 13 years and one year career break and I'm pre 2011. I am just wondeirng should I be on psyscale does each pay point represent the years you have worked or what payscale should I be on.

I worked in ETB for 1 yr unqualified and 1 yr unqualified in DES school
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Have all those 13 years been on contract or some years subbing?

If you are pre 2011 ,you start on point 3 and move up one point per year if on contract (there was a few deferred increments,happend twice if iirc.

What issues are you having ?

Why dont you call the dept and ask them,they will be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭roxychix

yabadabado wrote: »
    Have all those 13 years been on contract or some years subbing?

If you are pre 2011 ,you start on point 3 and move up one point per year if on contract (there was a few deferred increments,happend twice if iirc.

What issues are you having ?

Why dont you call the dept and ask them,they will be able to tell you.

Thanks

I have been permanent on 22 hours since 2007 and only on point 10

Subbed on my career break

I will send email

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Always wondered about increments. Do you go up one every year or how does that work. I can never find an exact answer online?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Always wondered about increments. Do you go up one every year or how does that work. I can never find an exact answer online?

Are you primary or secondary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Primary. I’ve never asked about it before because it seems like something everyone seems to know about so feel embarrassed that I don’t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

In primary, you go up one a year if you've been full time for the whole year. If you're subbing there is some formula for putting all of your days together and extending your increment to whenever you've reached your full quota of days.
    An issue at the minute is that some post-2012 people who were meant to get an increment skip in December still haven't because the Department has to put each case through manually. So if you're full time or subbing all the time, it's worth keeping an eye on your skips as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

roxychix wrote: »
    Thanks

I have been permanent on 22 hours since 2007 and only on point 10

Subbed on my career break

I will send email

2007 - 2008 Point 3
    2008 - 2009 Point 4
    2009- 2010 Point 5
    2010 - 2011 Point 6
    2011 - 2012 Point 7
    2012 - 2013 Point 8
    2013 - 2014 Point 9
    2014 - 2015 Point 10
    2015 - 2016 Point 11
    2016 - 2017 Point 12
    2017 - 2018 Point 13
    2018 - 2019 Point 14
    2019 - 2020 Point 15

If you have had full hours since 2015 this is where you should be. There were two 3 month increment delays in 2014-2016, but even at that assuming you get your increment normally in September, it should have pushed it out to March.

If you had hours worked up prior to 2007 that may count also.

If you get your increment adjusted, make sure you ask for back pay too.

Advertisement