Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Micksgarage Flash Sale 20% off till 4pm

• 25-02-2019 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Now -4pm 20% off

Time20

4pm - 8pm 15% off

Time15

8pm - midnight 10% off

Time10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,758 ✭✭✭✭unkel

And if you ever have a problem, they are terrible to deal with. Completely ignore you apart from automated email replies and lots of promises that they will look into the issue. I will never buy from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

unkel wrote: »
    And if you ever have a problem, they are terrible to deal with. Completely ignore you apart from automated email replies and lots of promises that they will look into the issue. I will never buy from them again.

Yea, CS let me down aswell.

3 replies into a back&forth email conversation and every reply from their end was from a different person who hadn't bothered to read the proceeding mails.

And I'd wrote and asked would the part fit before I bought as their site wasn't clear and they had told me it would - idiots.

Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ratracer

+1 for never using Mick’s Garage again.
    Terrible customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Needed a rear left light...Put in my reg. 3 left light fittings came up all looked similar but varied in price from 50 to 105 euro. Thought the best to do would be to ring and make sure I was ordering the correct one.

Most unhelpful customer service representative ever. He said he had no way of knowing which one is the correct one and to look carefully at my existing light and compare it to a tiny picture of their website.

Rang GSF took a minute to confirm the correct one, said he'd have it ready for collection at 2.30pm. True to his word it was there ready and more importantly it was the correct one.

Finished with Micks Garage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

And you no longer have the option to collect which pushes the price up if your order does not qualify for the free shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Irish auto parts seem to be much better value that MicksGarage, don't know much about them but I just ordered some filters from them and their prices were much cheaper than Micksgarage for the very same brands. I'll let ye know how I fair out whenever they get delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,758 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Go to your local decent motor factors, and you get much better service than Micksgarage. And if you don't need the service and money is tight, get stuff online from the likes of Amazon for peace of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

unkel wrote: »
    Go to your local decent motor factors, and you get much better service than Micksgarage. And if you don't need the service and money is tight, get stuff online from the likes of Amazon for peace of mind

Yes, exactly. I used to use MG, until they started sending me wrong brake pads, wipers etc. I use PR Reilly in Kilbarrack now (now Euro Car Parts). Tell them MG's price and they'll match it. Have never had a problem exchanging parts with them, as I've always got the right one.

They've good guys working behind the counter and in the paint shop are quite knowledgeable of all parts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

i needed a wing mirror for my suzuki, no joy in the scrapyards nearby, only place i could be sure of gettin it on time as motor factors were telling me to go to main dealer, was micksgarage. i could have ordered it from ebay sellers for cheaper, but it was luckily delivered on time , and was the right fit.
    i did buy stuff from them before and other motor factors, for the same car such as air and oil filters and disc brakes, but they were not the right fit. i still have them now no idea what to do with them . same thing happened with a timing belt from a motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Ordered a pair of wiper blades last week from Micks garage. 7 days later had to email them because the order was still at "processing stage" despite their web site saying next day shipping.

Will look at other web site recommendations mentioned here in future before using them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Ordered a pair of wiper blades last week from Micks garage. 7 days later had to email them because the order was still at "processing stage" despite their web site saying next day shipping.

Will look at other web site recommendations mentioned here in future before using them again.
    ALDI have good Michelin ones for €5 currently

Advertisement