Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parcel Motel Weekend Locker Service

• 22-02-2019 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's a chance of my Parcel getting to my Locker between this eve and tomorrow? Or are they closed for operations over the Weekend? Does a to b Locker-transport / transfer whatever ya want to call it, - just resume Monday morning from close of business this evening? Or is the transferring still being delivered this evening right through till tomorrow?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

often got a parcel delivered fri pm=sat am.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭manofthefora

Where's the bargain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

They drop to lockers on weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They're awful. So many times I've had to pay twice because a parcel is delivered on a Friday morning /afternoon /evening when I've been away for the weekend so it's been collected before I have a chance to pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Oh excellent so there's a chance it'll get there tomorrow so and I'll be able to collect it. That's good news. It's the guts of the 2-day-mark now at this stage I'd say so it's likely it'll get to me tomorrow so if they still transferring stuff tomorrow. Lovely. It shouldn't take any longer than 2/3 days to get from first point to delivery locker within Ireland shure it shouldn't? So hopefully will get word to collect it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Wow that sounds very pre-mature. How long does a person have to pick up their parcel before it's taken away again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Caranica wrote: »
    They're awful. So many times I've had to pay twice because a parcel is delivered on a Friday morning /afternoon /evening when I've been away for the weekend so it's been collected before I have a chance to pick it up

Yeah they’ve some neck putting a very published and pretty fair time limit on parcels :rolleyes:
    Wow that sounds very pre-mature. How long does a person have to pick up their parcel before it's taken away again?

48hrs
    Oh excellent so there's a chance it'll get there tomorrow so and I'll be able to collect it. That's good news. It's the guts of the 2-day-mark now at this stage I'd say so it's likely it'll get to me tomorrow so if they still transferring stuff tomorrow. Lovely. It shouldn't take any longer than 2/3 days to get from first point to delivery locker within Ireland shure it shouldn't? So hopefully will get word to collect it tomorrow.

Not sure where you are but usually if I get a delivery confirmation in the NI depot in the morning, I’ll have an email to say it’s in Dublin depot that afternoon and delivered to locker in Dublin that evening (could be around midnight)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭listermint

They're excellent.

You are disorganized.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Cracking bargain, bought 10

That joke is getting boring now...Yeah we get it, not a bargain alert

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DF-Artane

As of 23.31 I got a message to say the parcel has been delivered to the desired location. Typical. They had to deliver Friday to meet the sender's one delivery timetable. They made it by 29 minutes. Luckily I'm not away for the weekend so can pick it up in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

DF-Artane wrote: »
    As of 23.31 I got a message to say the parcel has been delivered to the desired location. Typical. They had to deliver Friday to meet the sender's one delivery timetable. They made it by 29 minutes. Luckily I'm not away for the weekend so can pick it up in the morning.

Make ya spit wouldn't it? The pricks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

DF-Artane wrote: »

The sender having a one day delivery promise has nothing to do with Parcel Motel. The sender's delivery terms apply to getting it to Parcel Motel's NI depot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 Chestvalve

I complained about parcel motel to Joe Duffy once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

I’ve often had parcels delivered in a Saturday. My closest motel is in the town I work but not where I live and I have to drive there just to pick it up.

The 48 hours is a bit of a nuisance at the weekend alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

They're great. So many times I've had a parcel delivered on a Friday so I could pick up on a Saturday rather than have to wait till the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭dubrov

This thread has stolen two minutes of my life

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This doesn't help. If you have a problem with a thread report it. Not post on the thread making the problem worse.

Closed

Where's the bargain?
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    It’s not a joke but more of a dig at the op for being so lazy as to put a thread into the wrong forum, how difficult is it to use boards or even look up the parcel motel website with all the information there to hand.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement