Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV News

• 06-07-2018 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭

There was a TV channel about 20 years ago that gave a 15 minute news slot on the hour in French followed by the same in German, Spanish and Italian. I didn't have it at home and I think it must have folded. Does anybody remember it or know what happened it?
    Also, what happened to RTE language programmes? They used to do different modules on a Sunday morning over the winter, but not anymore.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Was it Euronews?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As for German news...this one might be of use:
    https://www.dw.com/de/07072018-langsam-gesprochene-nachrichten/a-44564386

The news read out slowly, with text

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I get the Euronews app on my SmartTV and it offers language selection including German, French, Spanish and Italian.

I think you can get EuroNews through a satellite set-top box and depending on the model you should be able to change to audio stream as it is broadcast simultaneously in 8 languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

New Home wrote: »
    Was it Euronews?

It may have been. I don't remember.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think it's on in the very early hours, but it seems to be in English only. Can't remember what channel, though, but I think it's on after the night programming ends.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I get the euronews on the satellite box in different languages. I have the app on my phone German and get headlines. The great thing about the euronews website is that the video is word for word as the text. There's also an app called news in slow....

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement