Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin – St. John’s (Canada)– London/Glasgow £90

• 30-05-2018 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Amazingly cheap, open-jaw flights from Dublin, Ireland to St. John’s Canada, returning to London or Glasgow, UK for only £87 / €99.

DEPART:
    Dublin, Ireland

ARRIVE:
    St. John’s, Canada

RETURN:
    London/Glasgow, UK

DATES:
    Availability from June to September 2018 (excluding summer)

Example dates:

Dublin – St. John’s – London
    5th-12th Jun
    7th-18th Jun
    12th-19th Jun
    13th-19th Jun
    13th-25th Jun
    19th-26th Jun
    20th Jun – 2nd Jul
    26th Jun – 10th Jul
    19th-25th Sep

Dublin – St. John’s – Glasgow
    5th-12th Jun
    7th-18th Jun
    12th-19th Jun
    13th-19th Jun
    13th-25th Jun
    19th-26th Jun

and more…

STOPS:
    Halifax (incoming only)

AIRLINE:
    WestJet

https://www.secretflying.com/posts/crazy-hot-dublin-ireland-to-st-johns-canada-returning-to-london-or-glasgow-uk-for-only-87-e99/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is a road trip around Newfoundland worth it? Hows the scenery out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

Amazing scenery, I was there years ago and would highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I went there last July and had an amazing time.

I'm quite into wildlife in general so seeing all the whales (humpback and minke), as well as thousands of seabirds (puffins, gannets, murre etc.), was fantastic.

Beyond that it was an interesting place to visit with some lovely scenery around Newfoundland.

Due to the history of Irish immigrants there are some mad accents about the place. I think the Irish communities kept to themselves in years past and so are now more "Irish" than the Irish themselves - trad music everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

Open jaw flights - Departing from Dublin, Ireland and returning to London/Glasgow, UK
    Flights to: St. John's, Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver
    Direct flights with WestJet
    Available: June - July & September, 2018
    Example dates: June 12th - 19th, 2018
    Hold luggage - Optional extra
    Meals & drinks - Optional extra

https://www.holidaypirates.com/~/flights/scorchio-open-jaw-canada-flights-from-just-gbp-86rtn_27174?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialorganic&utm_campaign=uk_22_we_both_deal__kayak-wl-uk-flights_canada_toronto___sh&utm_content=27174

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'd heartily recommend New Foundland. I'd say go traveling but even just St Johns is a nice little city. Only around 5 hour flight time.

The amount of Irish ancestry around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Is it generally cheaper to get to Dublin from London or Glasgow

• Registered Users Posts: 14 beatricebutrus

Go go go. I spent a couple of months cycling there in June a few years ago, and a great time of the year to see feck loads of ice bergs, whales and puffins, sometimes at the same time. It is really good for hiking, which I wouldn't be normally mad into, but the scenery is so beautiful. I quite liked Change Island and Fogo Island, and next time I'd love to take the ferry to the outpost towns along the bottom coast that can't be accessed by land. Oh and there is also an island that is still owned by France, and therefore has the euro. That's also on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Can't seem to find any dates available for this price now in Sept, shame.I was too slow! Thanks for the post OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Thanks Op im off to St. Johns in september. Now just need to put toget an itinerary that doesn't involve a crazy amount of driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

For anyone who likes flying...

Tue, Jun 19
    Dublin DUB
    Halifax YHZ

Tue, Jun 19
    Halifax YHZ
    Vancouver YVR

Wed, Jun 20
    Vancouver YVR
    London LGW

Stop overs on Leg 1 and Leg 2, St John's and Calgary. You get about 18 hours to spend in Vancouver!

€84

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Thanks Op im off to St. Johns in september. Now just need to put toget an itinerary that doesn't involve a crazy amount of driving.
    What dates and how much if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

ahayes84 wrote: »

How long you going for? You could be based in St John's for your whole trip and just drive on day trips from there.

You would need a couple of weeks if you want to drive to the west coast.

I did it last year.

Advertisement