Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Betting Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

gerryfed wrote: »
    Bears still 100/1 on Bet365 to win the SuperBowl...

Bleacher Report saying they're in to 40/1 in places!

Definitely getting my value out of this one. 5e e/w at 100/1... in to 14s now. Unlikely with the offensives around but good for the interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

What are the thoughts on Giants @ 90/1 for division?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Deco99 wrote: »
    What are the thoughts on Giants @ 90/1 for division?

For me dallas have a soft enough schedule that they won't be caught certainly won't lose enough to give the giants a shot

Bets for today
    Detroit under 20
    Washington over 17
    Double 3/1

Howard and zeke wincast double 5.9/1

Howard and zeke 2tds each 44/1

Main double cashed. The bears trusted Daniel alot more than I expected hurting Howard's chances

For me dallas have a soft enough schedule that they won't be caught certainly won't lose enough to give the giants a shot

5 games left, away to Saints, Colts, And Giants. home to Eagles and Buccs. Could see them lose all 5. But realistically... Saints, Colts games they won't be favourites and last games is away to giants. For me, hardest bit is the giants winning enough games. Currently 3 games back. Beat eagles, 2. Beat cowboys at home 1. So for 90/1?

• Advertisement

5 games left, away to Saints, Colts, And Giants. home to Eagles and Buccs. Could see them lose all 5. But realistically... Saints, Colts games they won't be favourites and last games is away to giants. For me, hardest bit is the giants winning enough games. Currently 3 games back. Beat eagles, 2. Beat cowboys at home 1. So for 90/1?

They are home to the saints no? Probably irrelevant anyway as they will lose regardless. They aren't losing all 5 have you been watching them? And the giants to beat the eagles is a big stretch never mind win out beating the bucs and the 9ers isn't achieving much

Ive been watching and the cowboys are capable of losing all of those games. They probably won't. But I do appreciate that even @90s giants are not capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Ravens -6.5, Patriots -10.5, Steelers -3 accum for me at 4.73/1.

Would be worried as a ravens fan, this is exactly the kind of home we should walk through, even with a back up QB, but make a total balls of.

OH has saints backed outright at 5s, sorry I didn't get on myself when I first thought it at 9s 😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

Anytime Touchdown scorers for today following on from last weekends 2/3
    Mike Evans (Tampa Bay) 6/5 vs. 49ers (24th passing defence)
    James White (New England) 5/4 vs. Jets (20th rushing defence)
    Tyler Lockett (Seattle) 11/5 vs. Panthers (30th passing defence)
    Gus Edwards (Baltimore) 11/8 vs. Raiders (22nd rushing defence)

3 for me today
    Miami over 20 points
    Buffalo under 17
    Carolina over 24
    5.7/1

Pats -10
    Bucs -1
    Steelers -3
    6/1

To score 2+ tds trixie
    Breida 11/2
    Mixon 9/1
    Conner 7/2

• Advertisement

Potential for a cracker tonight I expect both teams to sling it around quite a bit and the points to be high. If the saints go down to -6.5 I'll jump on that. Other bets I've picked out on pp

Brees to throw 1+ td in each half. Kamara scores a td. Cooper over 64 receiving yards. 4/1

Smith kamara and Elliot all to score anytime 7/1

Either dak or brees to throw for 500 200/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Potential for a cracker tonight I expect both teams to sling it around quite a bit and the points to be high. If the saints go down to -6.5 I'll jump on that. Other bets I've picked out on pp

Brees to throw 1+ td in each half. Kamara scores a td. Cooper over 64 receiving yards. 4/1

Smith kamara and Elliot all to score anytime 7/1

Either dak or brees to throw for 500 200/1

Or none of these!! 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is T Y Hilton day folks. He lives plying in Houston.
    6/5 for a TD, 8/1 for 2.
    Gotta go and have a look at the receiving yards now.

Had a rough last few weeks but nothing like wildcard weekend to get the buzz back. Locking in Dallas-1 now as I reckon the market has hit it's low point and the move for Seattle makes no sense to me anyway. Leaning Colts atm but waiting for injury news on Kelly Hilton will play even though he's only at about 60%

This weekend TY Hilton goes to Houston again. TY loves Houston as I've said many times before. I had him on alternate yardage the last day of over 110 and 125 as well as bets on single and multiple tds. He ended up with 199 yards but no tds on the day but I still made a healthy profit.

To this point in his career Hilton, in 7 games, has 41 catches for 933 yards and 6 touchdowns on the road against Houston.

I'll be on the yardage and the tds again this weekend.

Doubled up dallas and baltimore both -2.5 big bet as they are my strong fancies for the weekend works out 5/2

Anytime tds across the 4 games
    Hilton
    Cooper
    Jackson
    Burton
    28/1

Also taking
    Luck over 298 pass yards
    Zeke over 128 all purpose yards
    Just under 5/2

Jackson over 67 rush yards
    Trubisky over 24 rush yards
    Just over 5/2

And Hilton over 100 yards receiving and score a td 11/4

I'd have Dallas and Baltimore as the most likely home teams to.lose this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Going big on LAC vs BAL over 41.5

Found a small bit of value after going through injuries and depth charts.

From our projections in work we have projected score as finishing with 46.5 points.

Also nice value on Colts +2.0..We have them winning

yTcrqH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Guffy

Simple double today. Colts cowboys +/-2

Doubled up dallas and baltimore both -2.5 big bet as they are my strong fancies for the weekend works out 5/2

Anytime tds across the 4 games
    Hilton
    Cooper
    Jackson
    Burton
    28/1

Also taking
    Luck over 298 pass yards
    Zeke over 128 all purpose yards
    Just under 5/2

Jackson over 67 rush yards
    Trubisky over 24 rush yards
    Just over 5/2

And Hilton over 100 yards receiving and score a td 11/4

Got the earlier single on dallas but that one leaves a bit of a sour taste with how it played out. Luck had no need to throw the ball in the second half with how the game played out zeke got his yards easily and Hilton went quiet after the first quarter

• Advertisement

Have colts backed @40s for super bowl for one point.14s now, don't have a cash out option. Is there any kinda bet to cover that or just leave it play? Like Rams @5s for 2 points also

Have colts backed @40s for super bowl for one point.14s now, don't have a cash out option. Is there any kinda bet to cover that or just leave it play? Like Rams @5s for 2 points also

Not really still too many teams left at this stage to cover it if they get through next week you could cover it

Baltimore -2.5
    Chicago to win and under 41
    3.7/1

Jackson 100 rush yards and a td 11/2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Frisbee wrote: »
    Bears over 6.5 @ 5/7
    Texans over 8.5 @ 4/6
    Brady under 4500 Passing Yards @ evens

Lamar Jackson Offensive Rookie @ 20/1
    Iowa under 7.5 @ evens
    Wisconsin over 9.5 @ 5/6

Oregon over 8.5 @ evens
    Michigan State to make playoffs @ 4/1 (Just like those odds)
    Washington win PAC12 @ 11/8
    Clemson Outright @ 6/1

Jonathan Taylor Heisman @ 7/1
    Bryce Love Heisman @ 8/1
    Will Grier Heisman @ 20/1 (Again don't think it's a winner, just think the odds are out)

6-7 from pre-season.

I'm all about cj Anderson tonight took 11/10 about an anytime td and over 49.5 for his yards

Small play on rams ht saints ft @13/2

Doubled saints to win by 1-10 with pats by 1-10 at 8.6/1

And a small play on patterson anytime at 11/2

Well I'm gambling so on Alvin Kamara 2 or more TD's, he did this against the Rams in the regular season, and Sony Michel 2 or more TD's, he did this against the Chiefs in the regular season, and I've doubled them with two single bets also.
    I'm on the Saints -9 also. I'm on the Patriots straight. I've a double on the Saints -6 and the Patriots +3.

I'm all about cj Anderson tonight took 11/10 about an anytime td and over 49.5 for his yards

Small play on rams ht saints ft @13/2

Doubled saints to win by 1-10 with pats by 1-10 at 8.6/1

And a small play on patterson anytime at 11/2

Anderson comes up 6 yards short and gets stopped on the 1 twice. And well I'm a little bitter about the double but 2 great watches regardless

Had a pop at White for 2 tds

Had a pop at White for 2 or more tds at 8/1 and Reynolds anytime TD at 6/4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

White 54.5 receiving yards
    White 69.5 rushing + receiving yards
    White 6 receptions

Be fairly comfortable going on the Over for all them

Advertisement