Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GCN+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Don Juan II

RunDMC wrote: »
    I just installed the GCN+ app from the Play Store on my Android TV. Happy days!

R

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

RunDMC wrote: »
    I just installed the GCN+ app from the Play Store on my Android TV. Happy days!

R

Have just installed it as well. It's handy to have the app on the TV I must admit

Your youngest needs the potty or something with 3km to go it's handy to be able to "stop casting" on the phone and take the race with you . Not that it ever happened here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I just watched the Mark Beaumont part 1 of the African ride and mine paused every 3 mins or so and I had to exit and re-enter to get it to play again. Nothing else has done this, so it was SOOOO frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭LikeTheseOdds

I just watched the Mark Beaumont part 1 of the African ride and mine paused every 3 mins or so and I had to exit and re-enter to get it to play again. Nothing else has done this, so it was SOOOO frustrating
    Experiencing the same thing here too sadly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cblanc

Experiencing the same thing here too sadly!
    I've got the same too

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

I gave up on the app found it just wouldn't work for me on my android device did initially then was unusable after an update unsubscribed and got a refund will stick with the Eurosport app seems to work fine for races

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Searchers

Working fine for me since the issue with Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne. Using apple and chrome cast. Can occasionally be slow to load, but that’s likely due to WiFi! So far it’s a great app!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭G1032

Trying to watch the racing here. Was streaming fine on my phone but then had to leave the app to answer a text. Cannot reconnect to the stream now. Force stopped the app. Cleared app cache. Can't connect. This does happen regularly. I reported the bug on Twitter. It's kind of vexing tbh. I know it's first world problems and all that but it's a bit rich at this stage that long standing bugs like this haven't been fixed

The Firestick app is available now. Works very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Just finished the Mark Beaumont Africa Solo cycle...

Really enjoyed it .... watched it while on turbo doing a recovery ride. .... this is what I really got GCN plus for ....

I also watched " hour of power" and really enjoyed that to .....

As a person that watches films on netflix its very hit and miss viewing .... but these documentary are really good ....

Anybody see any other good ones for my next viewing :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the one about columbus is good. and the chilean 'longest downhill' ones also.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MangleBadger

Just watched Conor Dunne’s Donegal 555 challenge. Good show. Makes me want to cycle the roads but maybe over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Just watched Conor Dunne’s Donegal 555 challenge. Good show. Makes me want to cycle the roads but maybe over a week.

And so expertly filmed and directed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i assume that's an extended version of what appeared on the main youtube channel several months back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

i assume that's an extended version of what appeared on the main youtube channel several months back?

That was really an ad for Shimano Tiagra.
    This is longer and more about Conor Dunne V 555. It includes interviews with The winner of the event Ron McLaughlin, a 62 year finisher, Conor's partner and some others. It highlights Conor's struggles on the event
    Obviously the videography is stunning:D and there are some great drone shots.

just hit play on it. as the son of a donegal man, i am going to wince uncontrollably every time they say 'don-eh-gahl', i suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭DonegalBay

just hit play on it. as the son of a donegal man, i am going to wince uncontrollably every time they say 'don-eh-gahl', i suspect.

Actually, they did well on pronunciations I thought. As someone who has done this as part of a team, it was a great watch. Bloody tough roads. As they say in the video, once you get beyond the east side of Inishowen, there is barely a flat piece of road.

yeah, i was pleasantly surprised in the end. though there was less of the support crew chat than in the original video IIRC, it was amusing reading the replies underneath that of non-irish people completely perplexed by their accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

it was amusing reading the replies underneath that of non-irish people completely perplexed by their accents.

It would have been the same if the event was on the Beara Peninsula!

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the YT algorithm just threw up that sep Donegal 555, awesome stuff, some fab coastal shots, the Malin head loop itself woudl be an epic ride

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I watched another Conor Dunne one of a Waterford ride, the guy is seriously infectious with his enthusiasm , Bord failte should get him on a retainer. It would be great if he did a Wicklow ride and took in all the best spots

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

he's moved to the UK now AFAIK.

he's moved to the UK now AFAIK.

oh pity, it would only be a short cycle for him to hop across :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Just watched the Donegal 555 and really enjoyed it. Looks an unbelievably tough event though to cover that distance over those roads with the wind and rain.

Great pictures of Donegal, looked beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Does anyone find their phone battery draining when using the app to watch a race or whatever? Going from 100% to 20% in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Does anyone find their phone battery draining when using the app to watch a race or whatever? Going from 100% to 20% in 10 minutes.

Fine for me. Had Flanders on at weekend - about 3 hours headphones only whilst gardening and a couple of hours viewing on screen without issue. Doesn’t seem right to be draining that quickly. Could you try it with phone on low battery use mode to see if it makes a difference? Or maybe kill all other apps in case there’s something in background that is contributing?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Mr. Cats wrote: »
    Fine for me. Had Flanders on at weekend - about 3 hours headphones only whilst gardening and a couple of hours viewing on screen without issue. Doesn’t seem right to be draining that quickly. Could you try it with phone on low battery use mode to see if it makes a difference? Or maybe kill all other apps in case there’s something in background that is contributing?

Thanks, yeah ill have to do a bit of looking and see is something else the cause of it.

No. All good here. Still the odd little bug though and finding myself having to force stop the app if I exited out and wanted to rejoin a race later.

• Advertisement

am currently watching the 'makers episode 1' and it's the best yet possibly.

Advertisement