Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Greenland - A Gerard Butler Disaster Movie

• 31-03-2020 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's why Trump feckin' wanted to buy it. :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Oh, I love a good Gerry Butler blow em up!

Hopefully this might see an early home release.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm guessing they might be thinking of postingponing it cos it seems to have been taken down from it's offiical channel

just in time for it to have been copied and uploaded onto almost all the other trailer channels..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It came for the Brits anyway:
    DLml86r.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

After watching den of thieves I've now found myself becoming a fan of Gerard butler. So I'm in....

• Advertisement

Both trailer links dead. I've googled 'greenland trailer removed' and this article with it's trailer came up tops:
    https://www.firstshowing.net/2020/first-trailer-for-comet-apocalypse-movie-greenland-with-gerard-butler/
    Trailer has been removed at the request of the studio. Sorry folks.

So guessing it's the studio changing the release date. Just checked imdb there and they had a lot of countries releasing on 11/12 June so that makes sense:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7737786/releaseinfo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's still weird. Why pull the trailers at all, even if the movie is being moved? Don't see the value in that, unless they want part of that sweet algorithm calculation in YouTube.

tunguska wrote: »
    After watching den of thieves I've now found myself becoming a fan of Gerard butler. So I'm in....
    Great movie. Proper gritty.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dades wrote: »
    Oh, I love a good Gerry Butler blow em up!

Hopefully this might see an early home release.

Straight to VOD?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Straight to VOD?

Presumably given the desire to scrub the trailer from the internet, the studio has plans to retry a cinematic release later on. Otherwise an early VOD makes the trailer deletion all the more curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Gerard Butler's new disaster flick...looks like trashy fun!

https://youtu.be/1AyxdYP1SNc

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gmisk wrote: »
    Gerard Butler's new disaster flick...looks like trashy fun!

https://youtu.be/1AyxdYP1SNc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

looks fun, but interesting if disaster movies aren't top of people's lists these days?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Scott Glenn! :eek:

silverharp wrote: »
    looks fun, but interesting if disaster movies aren't top of people's lists these days?
    Given the trending of Contagian and Outbreak over the last few months I'd say they are. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Isn't every Gerard Butler movie a disaster movie?

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Looks alright, plus it has Morena Baccarin, I'm in!

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Isn't every Gerard Butler movie a disaster movie?

giphy.gif

His is such a weird career: I don't think he's a bad actor, but either by accident or design seems to have carved a very distinct niche for himself. The goto lead for those B-movies that aren't quite trash enough to summon Nicholas Cage onto set, but equally not big enough for a ubiquitous release. Least that's now it feels. He has done all right for himself mind you, not bad for a guy from Paisley.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hit's VOD on October 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A comet named Clarke? Maybe that's supposed to be a Rendezvous With Rama reference, I don't know ...

Rated PG-13: "Intense sequences of disaster action, some violence, bloody images and brief strong language". Isn't Gerard Butler from the Glasgow area? With the Earth getting grated like an onion, we should be expecting prolonged episodes of strong language. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

It has been moved again now it's down to be on VOD on December 18th.

Dades wrote: »
    Given the trending of Contagian and Outbreak over the last few months I'd say they are. :p

a bit late in the reply here, but those movies are found in the documentary section now :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

A decent end of the world disaster flick with some nice bits of tension.

Butler is better when it comes to one man army killing machine movies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

A decent end of the world disaster flick with some nice bits of tension.

Butler is better when it comes to one man army killing machine movies though.
    I enjoyed it I have to say, cheesy and predictable with the usual tropes. Not half as OTT and stupid as Geostorm or similar. But special effects when used were solid.
    I am glad Butler has seemingly given up on the american accent...it's probably for the best!
    the broken marriage trope....as well as the annoying kid with the insulin thing zzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Looks alright, plus it has Morena Baccarin, I'm in!

I was on the fence, but that's made up my mind to watch tonight

tumblr_p4o9xjyz8w1u2ragso1_5009.jpg?quality=85&strip=info

100% on RT so far too. It's only from 6 reviews but still, that's very good for a Disaster popcorn flick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Absolutely ridiculous with cliché after cliché, it was basically the 2012 movie redux

I saw it for free and I still want my money back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Load of auld bunkum. Still, it's watchable and made a nice change from our current existential threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Watched it last nite, have to say i enjoyed it. Luv an aul disaster movie and ones about the end of the world too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous with cliché after cliché, it was basically the 2012 movie redux

I saw it for free and I still want my money back
    :D
    Haven't a clue what it's about, and actually don't want to know. Anything with Gerard Butler for past number of years means 'disastrous movie'.

• Advertisement

At least it was a slightly different take in that it didnt have have the view from the government side, though it did seem a little implausible that people werent worried or panicking earlier

Advertisement