Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bolero for debs

Options
  • 03-01-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Is a bolero suitable to wear at a debs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What type? With what dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It's been quite a while since my debs, but iirc, after the initial squealing-at-each-other-fest is done, it really doesn't matter what you're wearing. It all pints and silliness after that. My date wore tartan bondage pants and 16 hole docs. We still had good craic.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laura75

dee_mc wrote: »
    What type? With what dress?

Strapless floor length dress

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Laura75 wrote: »
    Strapless floor length dress

For debs around here anyway a lot of girls seem to go for the 'fur jacket' style bolero around this time of year. Personally I'm not a fan of matching the bolero (colour or fabric) to the dress, a contrast of colour and texture looks best. But yes quite a few girls seem to go for them, and of course as mentioned above they'll probably be abandoned early enough in the night but nice for the photos and more practical than a wrap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Nobody in my area wears a bolero, it's always been a wrap around the arms. That said, what you wear is up to you. As long as you find something that suits your dress, i don't see the problem :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement