Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

obsessed with stories of suicide

• 15-04-2019 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi there, my mental health is very poor at the moment. I haven't followed advice to go to a&e and I haven't contacted my psychiatrist office. I dont want to go in to hospital. I don't want to kill myself let me make that clear, but its like I have this obsession with suicide, looking up methods, stories of people who attempted, videos of people being saved from suicide. I also have been looking up videos of people with the same condition as me (schizoaffective disorder) I am obsessed with stories of suicide even though I dont want to die. Is this normal? I don't think it is. Should I do something about it, and if so what can I do?

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

ricicle wrote: »
    Hi there, my mental health is very poor at the moment. I haven't followed advice to go to a&e and I haven't contacted my psychiatrist office. I dont want to go in to hospital. I don't want to kill myself let me make that clear, but its like I have this obsession with suicide, looking up methods, stories of people who attempted, videos of people being saved from suicide. I also have been looking up videos of people with the same condition as me (schizoaffective disorder) I am obsessed with stories of suicide even though I dont want to die. Is this normal? I don't think it is. Should I do something about it, and if so what can I do?

R

Maybe contact the Samaritans and have a chat....

You may well find relief by talking to others in a similar mind set and end up helping yourself and others.

I understand some on the autistic spectrum can be like this also where they actually obsess over certain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Reach out to your support worker and if you have none available please contact your psychiatry team.
    Don't get swept up in obsessive or compulsive reading, thinking or actions.
    The best people to support you through this are professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's ok to obviously take interests in things but this wouldn't be one I would class as a healthy one.

There are definitely more interesting and exciting things to be looking into if I'm honest.

I was at home the other day and I've never looked into them before or have a second thought but the documentary on light houses was very interesting.

I probably am coming across all old now.... But I ain't but found this very interesting and of course other things such as real crime investigation and big builds and so on...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Hi ricicle

Considering the subject matter of the thread and the fact that you posted previously about a related issue, I'm afraid I have to close this thread. It's regrettable that you did not take previous advice on board and I hope that you will change your mind about that.

As has been mentioned, I would strongly advise you to talk about this issue with your clinician/facilitator or GP, as applicable. This is not something you should be dealing with on your own and you shouldn't attempt to do so, but it's also beyond the remit of PI to help you address this issue.

Please seek proper help with this issue and please take care of yourself xx

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement