Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IRISH ATTITUDES TOWARDS SEX OFFENDERS

• 03-04-2019 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I am conducting research using an online survey questionnaire for my master’s in psychology research dissertation. You are invited to participate in this study because you are a member of Boards (i.e.).

The purpose of this survey is to determine Irish public attitudes towards offenders (both sexual/non-sexual) within our society concerning treatment, community rehabilitation and preferred social distance from such offenders. This study examines whether offender mental illness diagnosis impacts these attitudes.

If you find these subjects distressing, then you are advised not to participate. This survey is answered anonymously, and your participation is voluntary. Data will be collected regarding your age and gender. This survey will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete and involves a series of scaled responses from strongly agree to strongly disagree.

All responses are secured using a password protected electronic format. You can withdraw from this survey at any time before submission by closing your browser. Your input would be much appreciated and would help me tremendously with my research. Thank you.

SURVEY LINK!!!!: https://mmu.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1yKstqL3q5hwtsp

Participant Information Sheet: https://ln.sync.com/dl/eba00dca0/cr7s6rtq-zp754hfp-9yma2snv-e98stmt5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭pdev

Lets keep the responses going guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Done. After struggling to get people to complete interviews and surveys for my own Masters years, I vowed to never refuse to anyone help with theirs.

Your a legend #cannotlogin

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

pdev wrote: »
    27 responses, lets keep it going!

I'm currently willing participants to complete my qualtrics survey. Done and dusted.

Half way there, lets get to 100!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Half way there, lets get to 100!

Can you get some people in your class to do it?

Nope as its an online course lol! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Responded!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Resources in the event of distress
    Should you feel distressed either as a direct result of taking part the following resources may be of
    assistance https://hotline.rainn.org/online/terms-of-service.jsp

Zero assistance for someone in Ireland, or the UK for that matter. Why an American site?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Done.
    Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement

83 responses so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

83 responses so far!

Can you link me to the actual survey questions? When I click link in OP it just opens a page with information about the survey

Edit: Done

92 Responses so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

will you publish the results here when done ?

Sure, if I get approval to!

105 Responses so far!

Having had to remove ineligible responses, I'm collecting for this survey again. Complete if you can, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Link is not working for me.

Sorry, if you just go to the first post on the thread, Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Done, good luck

• Advertisement

Thank you so much!

99 responses so far! Need 125 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kalych

completed.

Thank you kalych! :)

99 Eligible responses so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Done.

Thank you the dark phantom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Done, though I couldn’t access the info sheet.
    Won’t open on the phone.
    Interesting questions all the same.

Thanks a mill bigmac1euro! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭mountain

Done.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement