Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High colouring - red cheeks.

• 10-03-2019 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

**mods, I think this should be moved to the Beauty forum . Oops :) **

Hi all,

I know there are a couple of other threads on this subject, but they are very old and I didn't want to bump zombie threads. For context, it's not rosacea, lupus, or caused by medications or high BP. I have typically fair Irish skin and dark hair.

So basically I have very high colouring. I've had this since my childhood really, when I constantly had rosy red cheeks, from under my eyes right down to my jaw - I used to look like I had an upside-down red triangle drawn on my face, sometimes worse than others if I got stressed or a bit too hot, but I was pretty much always pink-cheeked. Over the years it calmed down a little, as in I don't look like I've been slapped in the face as soon as I get out of bed these days, but the problem still persists. I get the same redness, the same upside-down triangle pattern, whenever I get stressed or even slightly too warm, or if I have even a couple of drinks. It shows through makeup, and back in my teens I tried the colour-correcting creams etc. TBH I'm more interested in hearing if anybody has had this corrected with laser treatment, as was mentioned in the older threads I saw. I'm sitting on my couch right now and I look like I've run a marathon in 40 degree heat.

Any insights?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I too have an exceptionally pink-toned skin. It’s my entire body, not just my face, and I find myself staring almost creepily in envy at people with smooth, even-toned yellow-based skin. For my face, I keep it under control by using La Roche Posay Rosaliac moisturizer and Smashbox green photo finish primer. I’ve recently gotten a sample of Pixi Rose Tonic toner, which claims to help with redness too.

I have no insights into laser treatments, but I’d be interested in hearing about the experiences of others, and I’m mostly just replying to say I feel your pain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

try the murad clarity control I find it amazing. My husband suffers from same and swears by la roche posay rosaliac

Advertisement