Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Takeaway mixers for busmen

• 12-02-2019 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

Car broke down this morning and had to get a bus. Was chatting to the bus man I kind of know through a friend, he said he was tired he was delivering pizzas at night to get a few quid together to do an attic conversion.
    I asked how it worked being self employed delivering the pizza and prsi driving the bus and he looked at me like I’d ten heads.
    He said the takeaway tell you, you are self employed but don’t care and he’s not going to go filling out forms to tell people he’s not paying enough tax.

Apparantly up and down the country this goes on in plain sight of all and sundry yet if I was to change a sink and the taxman got wind of it I’d be fined.

Why is this allowed go on. These are people in good cars, creaming tax free overtime in plain sight not kids making pocket money.

Baffling, you can even tip your delivery driver through an app now the wife said.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why would you put your takeaway in a mixer? To drink it through a straw? Is it just bus drivers who eat this way?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Why would you change a sink? That's not gonna fix your car

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Is there a sink on the bus ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Plenty of plumbers and other trades doing nixers with no tax paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

What’s worse is takeaways working in cash only basis....wonder how much the tax man is getting there.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Is there a pizza in the sink?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Is there a pizza in the sink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

A bus seems impractical for delivering pizzas. No way could you get a bus turned in my estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I thought the OP was complaining about pubs handing out little bottles of coke or maybe tonic water to busdrivers.

Or is 'takeaway mixer' a new name for a 3 in 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Plenty of plumbers and other trades doing nixers with no tax paid.

long may it last

• Advertisement

long may it last

I'm not complaining either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

long may it last

And they're the first to give out about someone on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Why would you put your takeaway in a mixer? To drink it through a straw? Is it just bus drivers who eat this way?

After the bus driver gets wind of this thread, op will be drinking all his meals through a straw :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

The bigger issue are the fat lazy people ordering take aways and can't even be bothered to leave the house to get them. Might be a market there for a motorised sofa that could bring the person out to the front door to collect the food

long may it last

Apt name for a mixer and a plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

sugarman wrote: »
    Your head will probably blow to know he needs a commercial insurance policy for doing deliveries too, which is doubtful going by your OP :P

Looks like the OP has 10 heads so that could be carnage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So rather than deal with loan sharks or high interest loans, he took a second part time job in the evening to pay for something in the house long term. Fair play to him.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

zapitastas wrote: »
    The bigger issue are the fat lazy people ordering take aways and can't even be bothered to leave the house to get them. Might be a market there for a motorised sofa that could bring the person out to the front door to collect the food

I've waited all my life for this.

Do you mean a "Mofa" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

So rather than deal with loan sharks or high interest loans, he took a second part time job in the evening to pay for something in the house long term. Fair play to him.

If somebody is going to a loan shark to do up the house they probably deserve what they get or shouldn’t be allowed out.
    The commercial car insurance never dawned on me but at least that doesn’t really affect the collective tax pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Domino's drivers pay tax. They are also one of the few takeaways where their drivers have proper commercial car insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Good on him. It is his Labour in his spare time, outside of his regular hours and he should be rewarded for it.

The state takes in roughly 50bn from taxes. 1bn goes straight back out in foreign aid and another 5.5bn gets doled out to their buddy NGOs and their sham salaries. Then they want some guys doing a few extra hours a week doing deliveries, even though they already pay car & Road tax and obscene fees in insurance to pay even more tax? Get out of town

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I've waited all my life for this.

Do you mean a "Mofa" ?

Wot's a Mofa :confused:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Wot's a Mofa :confused:

A cross between a MOtorised scooter and soFA.

A MOFA .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bus wankeresres

Good on him. It is his Labour in his spare time, outside of his regular hours and he should be rewarded for it.

The state takes in roughly 50bn from taxes. 1bn goes straight back out in foreign aid and another 5.5bn gets doled out to their buddy NGOs and their sham salaries.

They are not declaring 50 euro a night or so in taxes because they have already hit their tax credits. 3 of them on a takeaway. A takeaway on nearly every street corner in Ireland.

That could pay for the hospital.

This isn’t some poor unfortunate on the dole and fixing his neighbors toilet for a few cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

To be honest he is mad doing delivery work but maybe needs a break from all the crapbonbthe bus.

The post might make some sense if the op was a paye worker as you can’t really get cash in hand but his post suggests he is a plumber so it makes zero sense. I couldn’t tell you the last time I didn’t pay a tradesman cash in hand and I’m not taking small jobs either.

Anytime I get a tradesman over after he prices it I ask “what’s the cash price” and I’ve yet to not get a nice discount.

zapitastas wrote: »

The post might make some sense if the op was a paye worker as you can’t really get cash in hand but his post suggests he is a plumber so it makes zero sense. I couldn’t tell you the last time I didn’t pay a tradesman cash in hand and I’m not taking small jobs either.

Anytime I get a tradesman over after he prices it I ask “what’s the cash price” and I’ve yet to not get a nice discount.

For every arse scratcher in a little van there 3 or 4 paye plumbers building your hotels, hospitals,, swimming pools, country clubs and cinemas.

• Advertisement

For every arse scratcher in a little van there 3 or 4 paye plumbers building your hotels, hospitals,, swimming pools, country clubs and cinemas.

The last plumber who did work for me was driving a 182 crewcab with company branding of one of the big building firms, doesn’t stop him doing a cash in hand nixer on the side.

Many of the tradesman id be referring to are off the walls busy, of course they put a percentage of work through the books or they put all contractor work for a big builder through the books but if you aren’t doing a bit of cash in hand work you are the only plumber in the country not doing it.

Advertisement