Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Is it any different to what people have being doing for years “Santa is watching and you’ll be going on the bold list”.. anything that helps is a good thing surely!

I used to think their awful parents letting their children be glued to an iPad, now I'm like wow their amazing, not giving a **** about others judging them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

When DIY goes wrong and you have made a hames of the place.
    Need to think of some creative excuses before my coinhabitors get home.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"It was like that when I found it."?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

New Home wrote: »
    "It was like that when I found it."?

I was thinking about a rogue door to door tradesman who offered to do some really cheap work or something...and he eluded the security camera...and all the neighbors were out and could not have seen him...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Go out, make sure everyone else is home before you and then shout “what happened?” when you return.
    Never admit the truth :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wildwillow

An otherwise very articulate young woman was on the radio a minute ago and every time she said "I seen" and "We seen" I died a bit for her. Would some kind person gently correct her so she doesn't let herself down in public like this again.

/end ta.
    Having an ongoing argument with my four year old grandson about "I done". He insists I'm wrong when I correct him. We have kind of compromised by using "I have done" Seems "I did" is now regarded as incorrect among his peers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

People who quote themselves in threads.

Oops, I do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

wildwillow wrote: »
    Having an ongoing argument with my four year old grandson about "I done". He insists I'm wrong when I correct him. We have kind of compromised by using "I have done" Seems "I did" is now regarded as incorrect among his peers.

"Could of" instead of could've..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

selous wrote: »

Been and being
    To, too and two
    There, their and they're
    Your and you're
    Could have, should have, would have
    Eg. "Your to young and are been a fool, you should of said it it the other way" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Brain explodes.
    All very basic English that's taught (not thought) in 3rd class.
    When I see these used incorrectly I do have to read the sentence a couple of times to try and decypher it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

On the Garda twitter page whoever does it sometimes licence is spelled (not spelt) license....... not too big an issue you may think, BUT if it was spelled that way on the actual document, it would be a fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

I have such a craving for McDonald’s chicken nuggets but I have zero chance of getting said nuggets today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I'm afraid that horse has bolted Fuaranach, they are all at it now.

We will just have to admit defeat on that one.

No !
    No !
    No !

When southern Europeans can get it right there is no excuse for "native English speakers".

Perhaps its the English living over here are to blame ( great excuse for a couple of YT clips from Lerner and Loewe :) )

( It does bring home to me just how offensive I must sound when fluffing Spanish & Italian verbs :o )

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On the Garda twitter page whoever does it sometimes licence is spelled (not spelt) license....... not too big an issue you may think, BUT if it was spelled that way on the actual document, it would be a fake.

Why not? :confused: It is listed among the irregular verbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Burned my dinner and the pan it was cooking on. Thought the hob was off :( raging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My mother who has ignored my existence for 3 months rings tonight to say she's going away for Christmas and do I want to meet her. Eh no... Bit too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

How stupid you feel when the doorbell rings or your phone vibrates but it turns out only to be from the movie you're watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Watching some awful movie called Stepmom.
    Can’t figure out why Julia Roberts’ character would be with this balding hairy man with brat baggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My shower / shave routine is as follows:
    Monday - shower
    Tuesday - shave and shower
    Wednesday - shower
    Thursday - shave and shower
    Friday - shower
    Saturday - shower
    Sunday - shave and shower

I get up at 6am Monday to Friday to go to work. Two shaves in five days means less of a rush those other three mornings.

This morning I showered but forgot to shave. Now the whole routime is disrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Have a shave tonight-sorted!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA'ed how complicated some ppl make boiling pasta.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When men feel the need to come into the fitting rooms with their partner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'm sure I've said it before, but use of the word "female" as a noun. Drives me mental. We're women, not females.
    Even worse is non trans people who want to feel special so announce they are non binary gender fluid and demand special pronouns. Away and sh!te :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

"I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Rules of Online Dating: if I can't pronounce your name you're getting nexted. Ain't nobody got time for that sheet brutha. And life's difficult enough without adding in other Nationalities to the mix ya kno. We is just
    trying to survive here thas all. #beirishorforgetaboutit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who read the newsletter during the sermon at Mass instead of listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Have a shave tonight-sorted!

Will also need to shower after but yeah, best solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Those newly added voice-overs to old movies to fill in the periods of silence.
    Jeez drives me nuts!
    i.e.
    "A middle aged man walks through the foggy street" etc.
    (I can see all that for myself FFS)

And people who talk with their hands!
    Why do they do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

An otherwise very articulate young woman was on the radio a minute ago and every time she said "I seen" and "We seen" I died a bit for her. Would some kind person gently correct her so she doesn't let herself down in public like this again.

/end ta.

Let herself down in public? The majority of the Irish public are just as bad as her. Most won't have even noticed she's said anything wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Those newly added voice-overs to old movies to fill in the periods of silence.
    Jeez drives me nuts!
    i.e.
    "A middle aged man walks through the foggy street" etc.
    (I can see all that for myself FFS)

Um... are you sure you haven't got the audio description track switched on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Never heard of such a device. Wish I could switch it off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement