Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Draft League Fixtures announced. Venues to be confirmed.

We open our campaign with a glamour tie vs Donegal at home. Pretty much the same run of opponents compared with last year.

Allianz Football League Division 1 2018

Round 1:

Saturday January 27th: Dublin v Kildare;

Sunday January 28th: Galway v Tyrone, Kerry v Donegal, Monaghan v Mayo

Round 2:

Saturday February 3rd: Mayo v Kerry, Tyrone v Dublin;

Sunday February 4th: Donegal v Galway, Kildare v Monaghan

Round 3:

Saturday February 10th: Dublin v Donegal;

Sunday February 11th: Galway v Mayo, Kildare v Tyrone, Monaghan v Kerry

Round 4:

Saturday February 24th: Mayo v Dublin, Monaghan v Tyrone

Sunday February 25th: Donegal v Kildare, Kerry v Galway

Round 5:

Saturday March 3rd: Dublin v Kerry, Tyrone v Donegal

Sunday March 4th: Galway v Monaghan, Kildare v Mayo

Round 6:

Saturday March 17th: Mayo v Tyrone;

Sunday March 18th: Galway v Dublin, Kerry v Kildare, Monaghan v Donegal

Round 7:

Sunday March 25th: Donegal v Mayo, Dublin v Monaghan, Kildare v Galway, Tyrone v Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

League such a strange competition. Went from near relegation to making final in last 10 mins of final round last year.

Three home games only so need to pick up wins there to stay in division. Hope to see a pile of players getting a run to shake up starting 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

Brolly fairly went after colm cooper in the independent today. He definitely holds a massive grudge against those "handy" all Irelands cooper won in the last decade against mayo and cork. Not the first time he's gone after coopers achievements in the last few months. Brolly definitely doesn't look good in all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

jam83 wrote: »
    Brolly fairly went after colm cooper in the independent today. He definitely holds a massive grudge against those "handy" all Irelands cooper won in the last decade against mayo and cork. Not the first time he's gone after coopers achievements in the last few months. Brolly definitely doesn't look good in all of this.

He fairly pathetic at this stage. A child cud have written that tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greysheep

jam83 wrote:

If they were that handy why didn't Derry win them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

jam83 wrote: »

I cant wait to hear Brolly's satirical take on Philly McMahon's book- it will be as classless I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

I cant wait to hear Brolly's satirical take on Philly McMahon's book- it will be as classless I'm sure

But he won all Ireland's against Kerry and mayo so he won't be going after his achievements!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Fitzmaurice will be ratified now on Wednesday night,Needs to shake things up drastically in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Radio5

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Fitzmaurice will be ratified now on Wednesday night,Needs to shake things up drastically in the new year

I presume that we will know his selectors tonight also?

Munster Football Championship Draw for 2018 just made.

Kerry will play the winners of Clare and Limerick at the semi final stage. Cork play the winners of Tipperary and Waterford in the other Semi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Same As wrote: »
    Munster Football Championship Draw for 2018 just made.

Kerry will play the winners of Clare and Limerick at the semi final stage. Cork play the winners of Tipperary and Waterford in the other Semi.

So the same teams in the same sides as last year.

How many years in a row is this Kerry playing Clare now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Prop Joe wrote: »

Maybe for the first 2 weeks in the league. After that I wouldn't be surprised to see the same old faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Is the Crokes v South Kerry game on TV today?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

mystic86 wrote: »
    Is the Crokes v South Kerry game on TV today?

Deferred coverage on TG4 at 4.30pm I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Have your county board released venues for the league games yet? Will be travelling for the Donegal game.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

New jersey launched today

Very nice, love the classic three stripes on the shoulder. Always thought there were too many similar green and yellow tops but that is very distinctive the white stripes on the green shoulder

I'd say many will follow the lead.

Who's voice is that on the first video.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Stoner wrote: »
    Very nice, love the classic three stripes on the shoulder. Always thought there were too many similar green and yellow tops but that is very distinctive the white stripes on the green shoulder

Mick O'Dwyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Stoner wrote: »

Mick O'Dwyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭conor05

Does anyone know if there is going to
    be a Hurling wall included in the new Currans GAA Centre of Excellence?

It was on the original plans but have heard nothing since.

It woukd be good for the development of young kids outside of the Hurling stronghold in North Kerry.

Same As wrote: »
    Draft League Fixtures announced. Venues to be confirmed.

We open our campaign with a glamour tie vs Donegal at home. Pretty much the same run of opponents compared with last year.

Allianz Football League Division 1 2018

Round 1:

Saturday January 27th: Dublin v Kildare;

Sunday January 28th: Galway v Tyrone, Kerry v Donegal, Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney (2pm), Monaghan v Mayo

Round 2:

Saturday February 3rd: Mayo v Kerry, Castlebar (7pm), Tyrone v Dublin;

Sunday February 4th: Donegal v Galway, Kildare v Monaghan

Round 3:

Saturday February 10th: Dublin v Donegal;

Sunday February 11th: Galway v Mayo, Kildare v Tyrone, Monaghan v Kerry, Iniskeen (2pm)

Round 4:

Saturday February 24th: Mayo v Dublin, Monaghan v Tyrone

Sunday February 25th: Donegal v Kildare, Kerry v Galway, Austin Stack Park, Tralee (2.30pm)

Round 5:

Saturday March 3rd: Dublin v Kerry, Croke Park (7pm), Tyrone v Donegal

Sunday March 4th: Galway v Monaghan, Kildare v Mayo

Round 6:

Saturday March 17th: Kerry v Kildare, Austin Stack Park, Tralee (7pm)

Sunday March 18th: Galway v Dublin, Monaghan v Donegal, Mayo v Tyrone.

Round 7:

Sunday March 25th: Donegal v Mayo, Dublin v Monaghan, Kildare v Galway, Tyrone v Kerry, Omagh (3pm)

Updated with times & venues based on master fixture list released today.

1 game in Killarney (opener vs Donegal) and 2 games fixed for Tralee (Galway & Kildare).

Kerry Kildare moves to a Saturday night fixture instead of Sunday as original published.

Munster Football Final next year will be on a Saturday evening

http://www.the42.ie/gaa-2018-fixtures-3672641-Oct2017/

Big result for Camogie in Kerry today

Clanmaurice beating Athleague in the Junior Club All Ireland Semi Final 3-4 to 1-7

Congrats to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Radio5

Big wins for Crokes and Gaeltacht in Munster today.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Big wins for Crokes and Gaeltacht in Munster today.

Crokes game against Nemo should be a cracker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Crokes game against Nemo should be a cracker

will it be a Kerry or Cork venue?

Benildus wrote: »

I wonder will they have it on in Pairc Ui Chaoimh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Benildus wrote: »

Neutral venue I'd imagine, so Mallow or Limerick, on Sunday 26th. Should be a good game but think Crokes have marginally better firepower.

An Gaeltacht had a good win in Munster Intermediate today aswell and I fancy them to be very close to winning the All Ireland there at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Neutral venue I'd imagine, so Mallow or Limerick, on Sunday 26th. Should be a good game but think Crokes have marginally better firepower.

An Gaeltacht had a good win in Munster Intermediate today aswell and I fancy them to be very close to winning the All Ireland there at least.

At the Crokes game/coming out of the game I heard Fitzgerald Stadium, Mallow and PuC all being mentioned as the confirmed venue, so wait and see. It's been a few years since there was a Munster club final in Kerry, so Kerry might be due one.

In terms of firepower Crokes scored 2-19 with 2-13 from play and yet on the day were wasteful enough by their standards especially when it came to goal chances - they had at least 4 very good goal chances, although one of those four chances was a very good save by the KiB keeper, the other 3 goal chances were pretty much all a foot wide. They missed a couple of kickable points as well. There was one stage in the first half where Crokes had 5/6 missed chances in a row between goal chances and point attempts, very unCrokes like.

Serious hard to look past Crokes for Munster and you'd fancy them to give the All-Ireland a right rattle.

Advertisement