Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Is it just me, or is anyone else dismayed at the fact that DCC allow that parking strip at Tesco Phibsboro to remain in use in its current dimensions.

Its a private car park..don't think DCC have any say..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Zipppy wrote: »
    Its a private car park..don't think DCC have any say..

That's what I thought. Are there any regulations for private car parks? Specifically highly unsuitably designed ones like at Phibsboro?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Signs? I wonder have they planning permission?

Yeah the white hoarding covering the site just has a small sign saying Creche opening soon-enrolling now with contact details on it. Presumably they do have planning, I think you can do a search on DCCs website. It does seem a very awkward spot for a creche to be what with the one way system and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

That's what I thought. Are there any regulations for private car parks? Specifically highly unsuitably designed ones like at Phibsboro?

There is no regulation on private car parks at all. There is literally no regulation of them. In fact a lot of legal experts would call claiming by private car parks to be in fact illegal, but you cant do anything about it. You cant even bring a case of illegal clamping to the small claims court.

I imagine the one in Phisboro was designed when cars were a lot smaller. Most cars are fine in it, but people carriers are a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Is it just me, or is anyone else dismayed at the fact that DCC allow that parking strip at Tesco Phibsboro to remain in use in its current dimensions.

It's a breeding ground for vehicle tips and scrapes. I've used the car park about 10 times in the last year and seen two incidences of tips and scrapes, and one instance where cars had to exit the car park via the entrance early in the morning as a van and an svu had left too narrow a gap for cars to squeeze through.

Worst car park everrr.

I never, ever put my car in there. It's a nightmare.

• Advertisement

Rumour on Nandos coming to Phibsbough?

Connaught st lunar surface got a bit of tar...badly needed...due a resurface next year I gather....

Further rumours....Nandos to take old burdocks premises to get foothold in shopping centre before redevelopment..
    Des Kelly's to become flyfit gym...not sure which Des kellys though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Further rumours....Nandos to take old burdocks premises to get foothold in shopping centre before redevelopment..

Oooooh I hope the flye fit rumour is true, was only looking at their site yesterday and bemoaning the lack of a north side one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I'd love if the flyefit rumour was true as well.

Would the Burdocks premises be big enough for a Nandos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pmcc1

DK's extensive property profile being reserved for his second hand woodworm empire has been holding Phibs back long enough. I'll never use the new gym, but seeing that one of his big sites is to be surrendered to another business may be the start of a wonderful precedent! It will be the Cross Guns site since it has the parking for members, but hopefully others of his estate -especially the cinema/skating rink- will follow suit and have a positive new purpose.
    Great news! Hurrah.

Do ye reckon it'll be long until it's open if it is true? (The flyefit rumour).

I'm more than likely going to join georges st. soon enough and I'll probably pay for the year in one go, might just pay the bit extra to be allowed into any of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

pmcc1 wrote: »
    DK's extensive property profile being reserved for his second hand woodworm empire has been holding Phibs back long enough. I'll never use the new gym, but seeing that one of his big sites is to be surrendered to another business may be the start of a wonderful precedent! It will be the Cross Guns site since it has the parking for members, but hopefully others of his estate -especially the cinema/skating rink- will follow suit and have a positive new purpose.
    Great news! Hurrah.

I don't think parking is a priority for Flyefits. I'd much prefer if it was on the NCR.

site along canal beside Bushes sale agreed... interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Oooooh I hope the flye fit rumour is true, was only looking at their site yesterday and bemoaning the lack of a north side one!

There's one in Swords. Hopefully this is true though.

There's one in Swords. Hopefully this is true though.

Oh yeah forgot swords ha. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pmcc1

It is the Des Kelly 2nd hand furniture place at the Old Cinema thats closing! (Secular hallelujah)
    The guy there says it may indeed be a gym, but nothing is agreed yet. Would be nice to see the premises used as a venue, even as a pop-up, before they fill it with treadmills & 6-packs.
    Ramones still gigging?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I still remember it as an ice rink.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

I have fond memories off phibs from growing up. My gran lived beside the canal and id spend my summers staying there
    Happy days indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

amtc wrote: »
    I still remember it as an ice rink.
    It was a cinema before that. I saw pirahna there when it came out. They even had one in a tank in the window !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chinwag

It was a cinema before that. I saw pirahna there when it came out. They even had one in a tank in the window !
    It was called the State cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Bumping this thread, hope it's ok?

(Mod- this is an independent night I'm promoting here, not making money of it, more about trying to start something up in the community and want to engage local gig goers and bands. Let me know if this isn't ok)

Trying to set up a regular music event on the northside, so we've chosen The Hut in Phibsborough on December 2nd, doors at 8pm.

We've two Galway bands (New Pope and Field Trip) and a Dublin one (Handsome Eric) for our first event.

Would love some local support from gig goers on the night, and some online support too. Find us on Facebook/Twitter at Mistakes Dublin.

I can attach the poster if I can figure out how to, but I'll await mod feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Bumping this thread, hope it's ok?

(Mod- this is an independent night I'm promoting here, not making money of it, more about trying to start something up in the community and want to engage local gig goers and bands. Let me know if this isn't ok)

Trying to set up a regular music event on the northside, so we've chosen The Hut in Phibsborough on December 2nd.

We've two Galway bands and a Dublin one for our first event. Would love some local support from gig goers on the night, and some online support too. Find us on Facebook/Twitter at Mistakes Dublin.

I can attach the poster if I can figure out how to, but I'll await mod feedback :)
    Id certainly be interested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Super, we are always looking for gigs to go to that promote smaller local bands, the Bello bar is nice and all but far away and Phizzfest isnt going all the time...gotta be some good bands are fans around D7! Please come along and show support, we've got lots of local interest and really doing it to get more involved in the area.

(Cant make attachment small enough to include in post!)

any one know what's being built up on annamoe Rd beside Park house? Apartments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

any one know what's being built up on annamoe Rd beside Park house? Apartments?

If its across the road you mean its a lidl with a few other smaller units.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭De Bhál

What's going into this corner

Looks like an office set up...probably estate agent ?
    Would be great Cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Looks like an office set up...probably estate agent ?
    Would be great Cafe

bloody estate agents everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 versc

Currently looking to buy around Phibsborough. Lived there for a couple of years around 2010.  Great locality. The litter problem and illegal dumping seem to have increased since I lived there. Whats the story with this, is there a bad collection service around here? A lot of people seem to have the bag tags. Do DCC come around to clean up often?

Advertisement