Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

best kebab in dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone know a decent kebab in Galway? Pasha, p4p, zaytoon type. Not chipper crap. I'm dying for a kebab but having a weekend in Galway. The heartbreak!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Anyone know a decent kebab in Galway? Pasha, p4p, zaytoon type. Not chipper crap. I'm dying for a kebab but having a weekend in Galway. The heartbreak!!

Charcoal Grill is decent

Eod100 wrote: »
    Charcoal Grill is decent

So I was recommended in the Galway forum. I'll definitely take a trip there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Was in pasha this evening, was pretty good but no where near at the level of passion4food. The chicken wings were awful, especially compared to the nice charred ones in passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Zaytoon 100% unreal food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Had Passion 4 food on camden street last weekend, (sober if that makes any diff) and thought it was unreal, superior to Zaytoon by far, excellent and fresh ingredients not that zaytoons aren't.

One negative is they seem to close early? (twas a friday night)

will prob check out the original spot on clanbrassil next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Had Passion 4 food on camden street last weekend, (sober if that makes any diff) and thought it was unreal, superior to Zaytoon by far, excellent and fresh ingredients not that zaytoons aren't.

One negative is they seem to close early? (twas a friday night)

will prob check out the original spot on clanbrassil next.

I'm checking out the Clanbrassil Street one this evening, dying to see if it's any nice than the Camden Street one (don't think that's possible though!)

Galadriel wrote: »
    I'm checking out the Clanbrassil Street one this evening, dying to see if it's any nice than the Camden Street one (don't think that's possible though!)

Someone here said its nicer.

I've recently tried both and noticed no difference

The one in clanbrassil street is very small, I think they have an upstairs though?

The other on is big and spacious so if I have the choice, I'd go for George's street one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Istanbel Liffey Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Someone here said its nicer.

I've recently tried both and noticed no difference

The one in clanbrassil street is very small, I think they have an upstairs though?

The other on is big and spacious so if I have the choice, I'd go for George's street one

I definitely noticed a difference, the Clanbrassil Street one was better, the lamb in the doner was proper slices of lamb, really good, only downside was there was bits of fat in the mix but to be expected with lamb. But saying that I do like the other one too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zaytoon on Parliament St looking very snazzy this evening, not open yet but new paint job & signage outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Passion4food if you're in the area or Zaytoon for me. I think I prefer Zaytoon over Passion4food to be honest.

If anyone is going to Kilkenny, try the Kebab House on Friary Street, it's the best kebab I've had in Ireland.

I've tried all 3 sober btw

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Sums up the kebab market that people have to qualify their reviews with 'I ate this while sober btw!!' :)

Sums up the kebab market that people have to qualify their reviews with 'I ate this while sober btw!!' :)

If drunk kebabs came into it we'd have a totally different thread. I've never had a bad kebab while drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm back for a week in March :D I've not had a potter around my home city in about 6-7 years. I'm definitely taking some time to have a nose about (trips home are usually me racking up lots of miles visiting in-laws, funk that this time!) so I'm planning my route based on a lot of these recommendations. Gonna be a fat baxtard and enjoy it immensely!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Cienciano wrote: »
    If drunk kebabs came into it we'd have a totally different thread. I've never had a bad kebab while drunk

Drunk kebabs list.
    1. ABRAKEBABRA( Anywhere)
    2. Rick's Burgers (Dame Street)
    3. Hot Spice (clanbrassil street)

The above are All ****e by the way.

Sober kebab list.
    1. Islanders (Dame Street)
    2.Babylon (Camden street)
    3. Zaytoon

Sober list obviously clearly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

Iskanders was great once. now it is a festering kip where the staff hate kebabs, hate people and hate life. do not go there.
    Go to Passion4Food or Zaytoon.

Drunk kebabs list.
    1. ABRAKEBABRA( Anywhere)
    2. Rick's Burgers (Dame Street)
    3. Hot Spice (clanbrassil street)

The above are All ****e by the way.
    I've been to ricks about 30 times, one of these days I'll try it sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I definitely had a burger in Rick's once upon a time, mostly sober iirc, I don't recall being offended - it doesn't strike me as a place to get a kebab though

theteal wrote: »
    I definitely had a burger in Rick's once upon a time, mostly sober iirc, I don't recall being offended - it doesn't strike me as a place to get a kebab though

Yeah you can get kebabs there now

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've been to ricks about 30 times, one of these days I'll try it sober.

Don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Zaytoon on Parliament St looking very snazzy this evening, not open yet but new paint job & signage outside.

I hope that they put some seating outside. The only times I pass is when I have the dog with me and I’m dying to try it.

I hope that they put some seating outside. The only times I pass is when I have the dog with me and I’m dying to try it.

Seating where though? They can't put it outside front door path be lucky to get 2 people past side by side and then side windows are next to family courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Run/ring in, order a takeaway then grab it on the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,996 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Sober kebab list.
    1. Islanders (Dame Street)
    2.Babylon (Camden street)
    3. Zaytoon

Sober list obviously clearly better.

Babylon is definitely a drunk kebab spot, not a sober one

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

I agree with those mentioning P4F and Zaytoon. They’d be my top 2 alright.

Another one I'd consider pretty good is Altoon in Dundrum. Granted it’s close enough to where I live but it’s definitely a lot better than the “average” kebab.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Budawanny wrote: »
    Iskanders was great once. now it is a festering kip where the staff hate kebabs, hate people and hate life. do not go there.
    Go to Passion4Food or Zaytoon.

Iskanders has gone to the dogs

I tried their lunchtime “special” last week

Tenner for it. Very meagre amount of chips. Loads of stale lettuce. Gristle meat.

Maybe I got a bad one but it’s not the first time.

Their lunch special is nothing compared to zaytoon around the corner from them

Iskanders has gone to the dogs

I tried their lunchtime “special” last week

Tenner for it. Very meagre amount of chips. Loads of stale lettuce. Gristle meat.

Maybe I got a bad one but it’s not the first time.

Their lunch special is nothing compared to zaytoon around the corner from them

Don't buy specials ask for a proper plate

retalivity wrote: »
    Babylon is definitely a drunk kebab spot, not a sober one

I'm a big fan of babylon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Don't buy specials ask for a proper plate

My point is zaytoon lunch special is far and away superior to iskanders

Advertisement