Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smells you love

• 26-12-2009 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

There are a few things that I smell that just make me feel happy. You know that feeling when you smell something and you get a really strong memory or feeling?

1: Pomegranate anything (including actual pomegranates!)
    2. Gluhwein
    3. Garlic and onions frying (because that smell is there when I'm cooking and I'm always happy when I'm cooking)

Anybody else have any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

parafin

curry

freshly washed stuff

:D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

freshly cut grass of course...

And petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Coffee beans and the smell of freshly cut grass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Love the smell of petrol and a newly mowed meadow when cutting silage

Looks like many others do too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Freshly baked bread

Grass after it is cut

Flowers

Coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Vanilla

Lemon

Cut grass

Freshly roast peanuts

Freshly baked bread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Cut grass
    Smell in a new car
    Burning timber in an open fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Christmas tree smell is the best, went and got a real one this year just for the smell :D
    Coffee
    Leather wallet and old money smell, not euros though. I just remember the old cash smelling nice.
    Capt. Morgan and coke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

freshly washed clothes, especially with the new concentrated fabric conditioners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ok. Doesn't smell. Yuck.

Soz:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 big zeb

creosote/ jeyes fluid, oh my days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

i've been meaning to try find a study on this exact thing to read. It's really interesting. Your mind actually stores exact emotions and feelings you experienced during very happy or very sad times. And it uses things like smells and tastes as a type of filing system. As soon as yoi get that smell you got at that particular moment in your life you actually emotionally and sensually time travel to that exact moment in time and can be in the exact state of mind you were in when the event occured. It's amazing really. Can't think of smells of hand' but I do get it a lot. And thats the most amazing thing. It's stuff you actually completely forget about and a smll you probably can't explain, but once you get it it's a very vivid memory and feeling.

Mala
    Wallflowers
    New books
    Cold metal and grease
    Turf fire
    Honeysuckle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 eleanoroosevelt

turf, the shannon, coconut oil, the air after a rain downpour, horses, freshly washed hair, baby skin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

New books
    New wood
    Chocolate powder (:o)
    Baby hair :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Angel perfume (my christmas present to myself)

Good Morning - Yankee candle

Sunshine Comfort.

Jam Doughnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

The scent of cooking coming from any good chinese restaurant; freshly cut grass - quite a few of you agree with me on this one: the fresh air after a downpour; freshly laundered clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

mud wrote: »
    Angel perfume

This smells nasty when sprayed on soft furnishings - it has to be able to work with your own bodyheat and chemicals to allow the honey/chocolate/caramel scents to develop (from personal experience).

It's a beautiful perfume though. Love it - it reminds me of London!

I love the smell of: freshly baked cookies and brownies, Johnson's sleepeasy bath thing for babies, beef nuts, milk replacement powder (golden maverick, I miss you!), pine forest in summer, my fabric softener, most Burberry perfumes, swimming pools, ink, christmas dinner, Glistening Snow candles, wet grass, New Car air freshener, my grandmother's house, raspberries, rosewater, cinnamon, vanilla, Lush The Olive Branch shower gel, John Frieda shampoos and conditioners, hair dye, hot paper from the printer, pledge, baby powder, sausages, warm toast, tea, I Love Dior perfume (which is impossible to get, so if anyone finds it, please PM me!), Hugo Boss Deep Red, freshly valeted car, my house at home, my room in Dublin, pink grapefruit shower gel...

I do go on a bit! :D

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote: »
    This smells nasty when sprayed on soft furnishings - it has to be able to work with your own bodyheat and chemicals to allow the honey/chocolate/caramel scents to develop (from personal experience).

It's a beautiful perfume though. Love it - it reminds me of London!

I love the smell of: freshly baked cookies and brownies, Johnson's sleepeasy bath thing for babies, beef nuts, milk replacement powder (golden maverick, I miss you!), pine forest in summer, my fabric softener, most Burberry perfumes, swimming pools, ink, christmas dinner, Glistening Snow candles, wet grass, New Car air freshener, my grandmother's house, raspberries, rosewater, cinnamon, vanilla, Lush The Olive Branch shower gel, John Frieda shampoos and conditioners, hair dye, hot paper from the printer, pledge, baby powder, sausages, warm toast, tea, I Love Dior perfume (which is impossible to get, so if anyone finds it, please PM me!), Hugo Boss Deep Red, freshly valeted car, my house at home, my room in Dublin, pink grapefruit shower gel...

I do go on a bit! :D

Oh god, it's so expensive I wouldn't be spraying it anywhere except on me! :)

I love how it smells on me but have smelled it on others and it just wasn't the same!

I also love the smell of fresh honeysuckle growing in the ditch, don't like it as much when it's been picked though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Blackbetty68

turf, the shannon, coconut oil, the air after a rain downpour, horses, freshly washed hair, baby skin.

explain??

Blush_01 wrote: »
    I Love Dior perfume (which is impossible to get, so if anyone finds it, please PM me!),

http://beauty.dior.com/int/en/base.html#/en/woman/woman-fragrance/_main=true

Which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Toast, coconut, petrol, roast chicken, most spicy things (curry, chilli, cajun spice etc.), teabags.

But toast is the main one for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Vanilla
    Freshly cut lemons
    Flowerbomb= Victor and Rolf
    L' Occitane Lavender Foaming Bath
    Olbas Oil

YUM!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Christmas tree \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

mud wrote: »

I believe the perfume is called "I love Dior" - it's not that she loves all Dior perfume :)

watna wrote: »
    I believe the perfume is called "I love Dior" - it's not that she loves all Dior perfume :)

D'oh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

watna wrote: »

It was a present and I adore it. It smells pretty and fresh and fizzy. I know that makes very little sense, but I love it! I only have half the bottle left. My little heart is breaking. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Christmas Trees
    Freshly Cut Grass
    Pipes(y'know that elderly people smoke!)
    Onion rings cooking
    Onions in general frying
    Scent coming from Subway when ya walk past it!
    The really fresh air smell ya get when ya walk outside first thing in the morning
    New Book smell
    Bakery smell
    Petrol
    Vanilla
    Scented candle scent/shampoo scent
    Coconut smell!
    Sunday Roast scent
    Play-Doh:P
    :)

Advertisement