Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shockrite electric fencers!

Options
  • 27-06-2016 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

See alkt of these advertised on donedeal. They seem to do great offers on fencers compare to other companies. Any one any experience with these? Are they worth the money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unchopped

DJ98 wrote: »
    See alkt of these advertised on donedeal. They seem to do great offers on fencers compare to other companies. Any one any experience with these? Are they worth the money.

Interested in hearing some views on this also if anyone has seen or used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

1 to 2 joules output is very small, probably fence a couple of acres at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Old thread but came across their website today. Anyone ever get one and if so, any comments. I need a small battery fencer for a 4 acre field.

https://www.shockrite.co.uk/product-category/electric-fence-energisers/battery-powered-energisers/

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Old thread but came across their website today. Anyone ever get one and if so, any comments. I need a small battery fencer for a 4 acre field.

https://www.shockrite.co.uk/product-category/electric-fence-energisers/battery-powered-energisers/

Got a new ForceField battery one last wknd as the Gallacher we had gave uo the ghost.
    Would of been €90 to get a new head for it.
    €125. Battery is another ~ €20?
    Good zap out of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I bought one for a similar purpose and I wouldn't recommend it tbh. There's too much pricking about with a battery and trying​ to maintain the connections is a nightmare in my experience. You need a suitable battery (they recommend the deep cycle batteries used in campers/caravans which are fairly expensive) and a suitable container to protect the battery and it's terminals. The voltage is low at the best of times and mine seems to have a mind of its own regarding when it will work. All thing's considered there almost as expensive as a proper battery fencer and even less reliable imo.

• Advertisement

Got a new ForceField battery one last wknd as the Gallacher we had gave uo the ghost.
    Would of been €90 to get a new head for it.
    €125. Battery is another ~ €20?
    Good zap out of it.

I also bought a forcefield last year and find it a pig on batteries compared to my other fencer. The other one is a square French brand that begins with C if my memory serves me right. I wouldn't buy a forcefield​ again as I find them disappointing regards the output voltage as well as being very severe on batteries imo.

Aurivo had a deal recently for a cheetah battery fencer (cub 90? I think but this may not be the model), a battery and 10 plastic posts for €99. I thought it good value anyway considering the battery is circa €20 and the posts are roughly €1.60 a piece in the local store. I've had a cheetah mains fencer for about 10 years and couldn't fault it although the acreage and frequency of use wouldn't be excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Am looking for 12 volt batt fencer cover circa 30 Acres.Saw German Voss fencers looked good.need fair good thump of a shock ! Any recommendations please.P

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

Track9 wrote: »
    Am looking for 12 volt batt fencer cover circa 30 Acres.Saw German Voss fencers looked good.need fair good thump of a shock ! Any recommendations please.P

http://www.irishsales.ie/?product=lacme-secur-100-solar-fencer

I got one of these 2years ago for 20 acres that are rented away from home, can’t fault it. I put an old tractor battery in it the day it was set up and it’s working away since. Only one line around three sides and a line splitting it up the middle running of it but it keeps the grass burnt back off itself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Track9 wrote: »

I got a Pel 406 a few wks back, kept my sucklers where they were supposed to be anyway, stradbally farm services do them, can be worked off mains also.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

I also bought a forcefield last year and find it a pig on batteries compared to my other fencer. The other one is a square French brand that begins with C if my memory serves me right. I wouldn't buy a forcefield​ again as I find them disappointing regards the output voltage as well as being very severe on batteries imo.

Aurivo had a deal recently for a cheetah battery fencer (cub 90? I think but this may not be the model), a battery and 10 plastic posts for €99. I thought it good value anyway considering the battery is circa €20 and the posts are roughly €1.60 a piece in the local store. I've had a cheetah mains fencer for about 10 years and couldn't fault it although the acreage and frequency of use wouldn't be excessive.

It’s Chapron, I have one here and can’t fault it.

• Advertisement

mayota wrote: »
    It’s Chapron, I have one here and can’t fault it.

Yes it is and I'm very happy with it so far.

Advertisement