Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

TeaPot918 wrote: »
    Thanks lads, its up amongst the Jackeens until Friday and I can't help checking up on it in the car park every few hours!:rolleyes:

Well wear, did you buy in Aherns?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Been lurking here a while.

Sat in one a few weeks ago in the showrooms- too small for my family but I like it....

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Stunning motor!

Great backdrop for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Picked her up Saturday morning, told it was the first sold in the country? Lovely bangs and pops from the exhaust. Baseline 20i but plenty of go for me.

https://i.imgur.com/xAiLN5d.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/tfNTVVv.jpg

What a gorgeous motor! I actually saw you on the other side of the motorway outside Cahir on Saturday. I was on my way back from Cork. Very hard to miss that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Not quite as nice a the new Z4, but still a gorgeous motor.

478647.jpg

420i GC Sport Auto. Interior is a bit disappointing as it's older tech than the X1's I've been in for the past few months.

My grey X1 was sold a couple of weeks ago, so been driving another X1 but someone is interested in that, so dropped it this morning and collected this - only until early next week, but have a manufacturer demo coming in for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

Picked her up Saturday morning, told it was the first sold in the country? Lovely bangs and pops from the exhaust. Baseline 20i but plenty of go for me.

Bloody hell that is a fine looking motor!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

What a gorgeous motor! I actually saw you on the other side of the motorway outside Cahir on Saturday. I was on my way back from Cork. Very hard to miss that!

Ha ya that was me, I’d just picked it up from Morrison’s in Cahir. Drove the whole way down to Kerry with the top down!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TeaPot918

Well wear, did you buy in Aherns?

Morrison’s in Cahir

Ha ya that was me, I’d just picked it up from Morrison’s in Cahir. Drove the whole way down to Kerry with the top down!

Yep, I saw that about Morrison’s too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

That is fcuking gorgeous :eek:. Best of luck with it :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Picked this up on Tuesday after being locked up in storage for 8 years. A 1993 Renault 19 RSi saloon with 49k miles.

So far this week it's had a new rad, new fan motor, full service, timing belt and water pump, brakes freed up and a new battery fitted. Tomorrow it gets new tyres. Last thing it needs is a new wing and indicator then it's NCT time.

Its filthy and had a few dents but will be nice and usable.

20190426_173308.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I always liked those, they were a lovely car back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭high horse

I remember those Renault 19s having really nice seats with very high bolsters. Any photos of the interior?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

We had one back in 2002, a 95 1.4 bacarra. I haven't sat in a more comfortable car seat since. Well wear BA, glad you finally found one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Cheers guys, I'll get some interior pics later when it's cleaner. It's got the heavily bolstered bucket seats alright. Not had a chance to go too far in it yet. New tyres going on today. Then I need to find a new wing and indicator to complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Had her down in Killarney last week, now in the South East. Just love the combination of power and economy, over 800km to a tank with 313bhp, I don't know how BMW do it. 2 year warranty will be up end of this year and already thinking of a remap and a possible suspension upgrade (bilstein shocks with eibach springs maybe). Will ensure I don't get bored of it.

33836314258_2acacbe791_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭ Hudson Creamy Vista

Wailin wrote: »
    Had her down in Killarney last week, now in the South East. Just love the combination of power and economy, over 800km to a tank with 313bhp, I don't know how BMW do it. 2 year warranty will be up end of this year and already thinking of a remap and a possible suspension upgrade (bilstein shocks with eibach springs maybe). Will ensure I don't get bored of it.
    ]

A mighty car indeed...you can usually extend your warranty if you want for a reasonable fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How much to fill the tank but does sound very good for what it is....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

70 litre tank, it will do 550 (890km) miles of motorway. Drops significantly on short trips in fairness as do most cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Feeding the sheep.

• Advertisement

47731231351_78031f45c3_c.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

:pac:
    This your old 335?

This your old 335?

Nope, that's a 325i.

My 335 was dark grey with those same alloys and an aero lip on the front.

OSI wrote: »
    And a chicken coup in the from the front bumper :pac:

Ya wha?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

S213 E AMG Line Premium

Picking her up Thurs morning... kinda excited

nW4GM1s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and picked up a new Giulia Veloce. Had to be in red so was made wait an extra 6 weeks but definitely worth the wait.

Took her up to Brian in Spirit detailing today for a ceramic coating having had her filthy since I collected her. Dealer was told not to touch the paintwork and in fairness they didn't. Was a lot harder for me not too though.

To anyone who is on the fence about them, just go and drive one. Yeah the dealer network is ****e but they're worth it. **** me she likes to dance
    59295181_2289055904485495_9071340678591545344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5dab79395b3f957c9bdb822ce7f2b9a5&oe=5D2F10A2

https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/59295181_2289055904485495_9071340678591545344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5dab79395b3f957c9bdb822ce7f2b9a5&oe=5D2F10A2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TBH QV, for me, when Alfa get it right I wouldn't care if they fell apart like a clown car. Just look at the bloody thing. :o

Man that's a beauty. Well wear.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Ah now, 1 bleedin photo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BHP

Need more photos of that Alfa please? It is gorgeous, I'd be tempted away from the German marques. I must go drive one.

• Advertisement

If ye want more pics, check out Spirit Detailing's Facebook page :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement