Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this a good enough reason to receive a ban

Options
  • 20-04-2019 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Your post:Quote: John2136
    Quote: Frank Castle
    Is it just me or are the majority of mods on this website far to heavy handed?

Nothing wrong with open discourse. Censorship suppresses diversity.

Can't tell if it's bad policy or power trip stuff tbh.

Then I replied saying....

If someone says something they don't like the mod probably spends an hour looking through the community guidelines for a reason to give them a warning.

I don't know if this is the right place for this thread so could you please move it to the appropriate forum, this mod seems to be on a bit of a power trip tbh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭John2136

John2136 wrote: »
    Your post:Quote: John2136

Then I replied saying....

If someone says something they don't like the mod probably spends an hour looking through the community guidelines for a reason to give them a warning.

I don't know if this is the right place for this thread so could you please move it to the appropriate forum, this mod seems to be on a bit of a power trip tbh

Is it

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

I do not understand your post but I have never found the mods heavy handed and feel too much personal insults are allowed....like only an idiot uses to instead of too!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Are you disputing a ban/card, or is this more general feedback?

Based on your answer, I can move to a more appropriate forum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

work wrote: »
    I do not understand your post but I have never found the mods heavy handed and feel too much personal insults are allowed....like only an idiot uses to instead of too!

"Too much personal insults". People in glass houses.

work wrote: »

That was the post I replied to. I did not make that post, but anyway who cares.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Are you disputing a ban/card, or is this more general feedback?

Based on your answer, I can move to a more appropriate forum

Disputing, thanks.

I'm going to re word this a bit as it was confusing the post I actually got a ban for is

If someone says something they don't like the mod probably spends an hour looking through the community guidelines for a reason to give a ban.

And this is the post I was replying to

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Locking this thread as (a) it’s in the wrong forum and (b) the OP has opened a Dispute

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement