Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish ISIS member captured by Kurdish forces in Syria

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Seen him on the news

What exactly is Irish about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sales assistant now ,

Seems to forget about his security background

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Do we have a list of proscribed terrorist organisations here like they do in the UK and the north? It would be useful because my concern would be him coming back here without being incarcerated.

Can his citizenship be revoked?

Or maybe give his captors a nod and a wink?

We can do without the likes of him wandering around freely over here.

Give him a gun remove the firing pin and let him run away then shoot him in the back .

Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

We're some country. Sham marriage and he writes a letter to the Minister and that sorts out the matter.
    The taxpayer supports the family as there's no way he could afford to live in Dublin on a bit of work here and there with a wife and child. But sure, bring them all in and throw Citizenship at them even though there's serious doubts about the whole relationship.

Lose the job but no worries, even if your new to the country
    "In Ireland if you lost a job you can go to the social welfare and the government will supply you.

And now, he wants to come home. I expect the NGO's to be weary for a while but eventually a turf war will break out and Amnesty, Irish Immigrant Council etc will be canvassing for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Extraordinary to watch Sky News today to hear them talk of an Irish ISIS fighter.

My eyes widened in surprise and eagar to find out where in Ireland he's from.

Untill I saw on the Sky News banner his name is Vlkasdzlkadlkasdjfljdalsfa Muhalchouukcialhfeon.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Extraordinary to watch Sky News today to hear them talk of an Irish ISIS fighter.

Untill I saw on the Sky News banner his name is Vlkasdzlkadlkasdjfljdalsfa Muhalchouukcialhfeon.

Or also known as that russian guy claiming to be an ambulance driver

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

He’s on RTÉ news now telling his sob story

No doubt he’ll on with joe Duffy and tubridy soon

Just put a bullet in his skull now and end this circus

Just watched this. He said he 'wanted to help Muslims'. Jeeze.

Such a poisonous attitude to think ppl of your own religion are your own kind regardless of what nationality they are, and you must help them because of that alone. No wonder Muslims from Morocco have carried out terrorist attacks in Paris because of an affinity for their Muslim brothers in Iraq.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

When does the government jet go out to bring him back anyway?

I presume at this stage he has had some decent advice on what to say and that he won't spend too long on the housing lost when he gets home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

AllForIt wrote: »

Is he one of the VlkasdzlkadlkasdjfljdalsfaMuhalchouukcialhfeon's of Termonfeckin? Think I know the brother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

Looks like we are not the only country having trouble with immigrants.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/0108/1021868-new-south-wales/

From the stories i've heard from lads that have been in Aus, our brightest are causing a lot more trouble than is been reported, but sure our lot would never do anything wrong.

Go back to talking about your bike and NFl because clearly thats all you know :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭alloywheel

Do we have a list of proscribed terrorist organisations here like they do in the UK and the north?

lol It is not still the case the British security services who tip us off on what radical extremists are up to in Ireland? Nobody in the Gardai even speaks Arabic, plenty speak Irish but that does flip all good in todays world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

Something really doesn't add up to this story. If we go back to when this story broke why was it stated in the news report that he had been under gardai surveillance for two years.

This country and also rte seriously needs to wise up and stop making us a laughing stock.

Love to hear the consulate crowd who are fighting his corner explain just why he was under surveillance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

He’s on RTÉ news now telling his sob story

No doubt he’ll on with joe Duffy and tubridy soon
    Something really doesn't add up to this story. If we go back to when this story broke why was it stated in the news report that he had been under gardai surveillance for two years.

This country and also rte seriously needs to wise up and stop making us a laughing stock.

Love to hear the consulate crowd who are fighting his corner explain just why he was under surveillance??

RTE has an agenda with these types of stories, and it's in line with the extreme liberal migration policies being forced on populations in many areas of Europe, and that agenda simple states that all migration into Europe is good and homogeneity is bad. RTE will not report or under-report any migration story that contravenes this ridiculous concept.

RTE does not represent the view of the vast majority of the country, yet it's the primary driver of governmental policies that adversely affects that majority. RTE should be disbanded, as it is no longer an impartial national broadcaster. It would be better suited as the national broadcaster of countries like Venezuela or North Korea, where a one-sided view of events is the expected norm.

Kivaro wrote: »
    RTE has an agenda with these types of stories, and it's in line with the extreme liberal migration policies being forced on populations in many areas of Europe, and that agenda simple states that all migration into Europe is good and homogeneity is bad. RTE will not report or under-report any migration story that contravenes this ridiculous concept.

RTE does not represent the view of the vast majority of the country, yet it's the primary driver of governmental policies that adversely affects that majority. RTE should be disbanded, as it is no longer an impartial national broadcaster. It would be better suited as the national broadcaster of countries like Venezuela or North Korea, where a one-sided view of events is the expected norm.

Totally agree. But how stupid do they think people are. Broadcasting a story of how this Irish citizen was wrongly mixed up with ISIS. But he was under surveillance in Ireland ffs. Your 100% correct about rte and people should be aware about the one sided news were being fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

We're not meant to be asking why he was under surveillance.

We're meant to bury our heads in the sand and marvel at how empathic our leader is because he is trying to help one of our citizens.

More gaslighting from our overlord.

Muckka wrote: »
    We're not meant to be asking why he was under surveillance.

We're meant to bury our heads in the sand and marvel at how empathic our leader is because he is trying to help one of our citizens.

More gaslighting from our overlord.

People will only bury there heads in the sand for so long, until they get bitten on the ass.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Still a firm believer that paying for citizenship does not make you irish. End of story. My girlfriend isn’t Irish. She has citizenship but she’s not Irish. And I say it to her all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Still a firm believer that paying for citizenship does not make you irish. End of story. My girlfriend isn’t Irish. She has citizenship but she’s not Irish. And I say it to her all the time.

If you had a kid with her would you consider it Irish? Or just half Irish? Does she consider herself Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Kivaro wrote: »

who actually did the interview it wasn't RTE, RTE doesn't actually expect you to believe him, Im confused though was he married twice? Or is it the one who saidd the marriage was sham one hav ea kid with hin? wheres the wife and kid now?

• Advertisement

Associated Press did the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jaysus she must thank her lucky stars every night for meeting a keeper like you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

i wonder are his captor keeping him alive in the hope to exchange him for hostages held by ISIS?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

VeryTerry wrote: »
    If you had a kid with her would you consider it Irish? Or just half Irish? Does she consider herself Irish?

I have 3 Irish children with her. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This pathetic scum was in the Irish indo yest pleading and begging to be brought back here

"If they want to put me on trial that is their right. Ireland is my home, and I want to go back. This is my right," he says. "If I am a bad son of this country, this is still my home. If you think I'm a bad person, it doesn't mean you have to throw me in the sea."

The sea? The sea??? That’s the easy way out for you ye degenerate cnut

This pathetic scum was in the Irish indo yest pleading and begging to be brought back here

And that story in the Indo left out a lot more than it put in.

"If they want to put me on trial that is their right. Ireland is my home, and I want to go back. This is my right," he says. "If I am a bad son of this country, this is still my home. If you think I'm a bad person, it doesn't mean you have to throw me in the sea."

The sea? The sea??? That’s the easy way out for you ye degenerate cnut

Take him back and we will spend thousands each week keeping an eye on him again.

Advertisement