Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNN Reporter "assaults" White House intern

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

How is this even a story?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

So you think they are lying about the reason too?

About in the same manner as if you rang me to go for a beer but I told you I was washing my hair. Acosta knows why he's banned, he pushed his theatrics too far, he's not an idiot. The administration saw his "push" on the girl as a front to ban him and likely wanted him gone for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

What will things be like in five years time. Well if DT is still Prez I mean?

AI robots will be allowed in the press corps only. And a caricature of DT also, which might be an improvement!

There is lots to be fearful of in this tech age. Take note. I suppose you all think I am mad, but watch DT just the same. Would suit him to be an AI version of himself along with the media. He will just feck off to Florida and say nothing.

What will things be like in five years time. Well if DT is still Prez I mean?

AI robots will be allowed in the press corps only. And a caricature of DT also, which might be an improvement!

It will be the exact same, plus or minus Jim Acosta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭CFlat

I think you need to go to Specsavers if you call that assault.

What did make me laugh though was the bollocking that Trump gave the CNN reporter. it sounded like something a five year old would say.

Yo wah vewey vewey vewey booold man and yo not coming to my house wenny mo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFPpM6p3D4

I’m no fan of CNN but did everyone is talking about this incident last night.

Imagine the uproar if trump assaulted the journalist like this.

I’d say that intern could be up for serious assault charges out of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

He clearly touches her with the hand with which he is holding the microphone. Thats sexual assault right there. Clearly a man taking advantage of her lowly position as an intern. Then, when he doesnt get what he wants, he violently chops down on her arm, in anger. Trump jumps to her defense. What a great President. And gentleman.
    I dont think there is any other way to view it. Its right there, caught on video. The guy should have his pass revoked.

He clearly touches her with the hand with which he is holding the microphone. Thats sexual assault right there. Clearly taking advantage of her lowly position as an intern. Then, when he doesnt get what he wants, he violently chops down on her arm, in anger. Trump jumps to her defense.
    I dont thing there is any other way to view it. Its right there, caught on video. The guy should have his pass revoked.

Wow. Very much a unique view there man.

Everyone I spoke to earlier said she assaulted him. I spoke to a legal expert earlier they said she’s in serious trouble if the fbi take an interest -which they likely will!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Because the President of America, through his spokesperson is banning the media who ask questions and then lying to the world about it.

It’s the thin end of the wedge of the stuff we see in true dictatorships like Saudi Arabia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,395 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Looked like he murdered her.

Have they found a body?

Everyone I spoke to earlier said she assaulted him.

Get out of your echo chamber then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

megaten wrote: »
    How do you expect reporters to act?

To shut up, not ask follow up questions when someone tries to avoid their initial one, and to write what The Leader tells them to write?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Liam Massive Stag

This is such a huge story, I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about it before this...…..oh wait.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Acosta's access wasn't suspended for brushing that girls arm, his access was removed because he has a long history of acting like an absolute Muppet. The guy isn't a journalist, he's a political activist and loves the attention.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060359667635806208

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060362771894693888

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060351281691119618

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060351509580283905

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1060355101578027008

Wow what a rude,ignorant and vile man. Fair play to The Donald for banning such an idiot.

Get out of your echo chamber then.

Maga fiends like my uncle even said it!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

Am I missing something here? Either of them (the intern in maroon & the CNN reporter) barely touch each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

DT loves the fight between CNN and Fox. Then he steps away.

Because the President of America, through his spokesperson is banning the media who ask questions and then lying to the world about it.

It’s the thin end of the wedge of the stuff we see in true dictatorships like Saudi Arabia.

Fair bit of a stretch between Trump having a barney with a journalist and America turning into a sadistic Islamic state now.

This is what is going to be like for the next two years isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

This is what is going to be like for the next two years isnt it?

Six ;)

Buckle up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

And of course you posted the slowed down and edited version put out there by Infowars.

Here's the actual real, undoctored footage.

Trump's influence is obvious. As soon as the journalist touches her, she gets down on her knees in front of him.

Doesn't look like he Acosta'd her at all in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Not a trump fan but the way the reporter conducted himself was horrible.
    Liberals will shout and scream for everyone’s rights except the rights of those they don’t like.

What rights were denied in this video? The undoctored one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

CFlat wrote: »
    I think you need to go to Specsavers if you call that assault.

What did make me laugh though was the bollocking that Trump gave the CNN reporter. it sounded like something a five year old would say.

Yo wah vewey vewey vewey booold man and yo not coming to my house wenny mo.

Where the feck have you been for the last few years?
    Trump has all the vocabulary of a kid.

We thought GW Bush was bad but he takes it to a whole new level.
    It really beggars believe what the US education system is like.

I do suppose he does give credence to the line about the American dream and how anyone can succeed.
    In his case it doesn't matter how thick and limited they are, they can even land the highest job in the land.

I don't think it is that bad, but it is really sad to see what is becoming of America.

So much for questioning, so much for bipartisanship.
    So much for a tradition of good investigative journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

About in the same manner as if you rang me to go for a beer but I told you I was washing my hair. Acosta knows why he's banned, he pushed his theatrics too far, he's not an idiot. The administration saw his "push" on the girl as a front to ban him and likely wanted him gone for a long time.

So you're fully ok with them lying about the reason he is banned and falsely accusing him of assault because he is a pain in Trump's ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

jmayo wrote: »
    Where the feck have you been for the last few years?
    Trump has all the vocabulary of a kid.

We thought GW Bush was bad but he takes it to a whole new level.
    It really beggars believe what the US education system is like.

I've sen a lot of people who say he's changed a lot in the last 10 years. His vocabulary is getting more limited and he's getting far less articulate. Some think this could be as a result of the early stages of dementia.

Zorya wrote: »
    Six ;)

Buckle up.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

Grayson wrote: »
    I've sen a lot of people who say he's changed a lot in the last 10 years. His vocabulary is getting more limited and he's getting far less articulate. Some think this could be as a result of the early stages of dementia.

You mean he could get worse :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

jmayo wrote: »
    I do suppose he does give credence to the line about the American dream and how anyone can succeed.
    In his case it doesn't matter how thick and limited they are, they can even land the highest job in the land.

Inheriting a couple hundred million does help of course....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

ricero wrote: »
    Wow what a rude,ignorant and vile man. Fair play to The Donald for banning such an idiot.

You must hold Trump in incredibly low regard if you classify Acosta as 'a rude, ignorant and vile man'... :rolleyes:

Advertisement