Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

alot of heavy rain overnight, feeling quite chilly too. Much of Europe has cooled down also, looks chilly over central Europe and Scandinavia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Yeh, today in particular lots of Central Europe is cold. Berlin is 14 at 1pm Central European time. Hannover is 16. South of Hamburg the harz mountain area is 13.

(I have alerts for these areas as I was on vacation in Europe).

Madrid is 24, coolest in a long time as most of August was 30+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

All recovering by end of week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 moni jonas

Yes i am loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Was at a Cemetery Sunday near Tullamore yesterday and got slight sunburn, red, not burn per se, despite it being 1130-1pm. Superb weather.
    The thick mist and subsequent heavy rain came in very suddenly to North Offaly/North Laois around 730pm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

All recovering by end of week.

possibly one of the driest ensemble runs I've seen all year. Very little rain over the next 2 weeks apart from maybe a few patches of drizzle or light showers. The trend is for the second half of September to be warmer and dryer than the first half, could even give August a run for it's money.

ens_image.php?geoid=64981&var=201&run=6&date=2019-09-09&model=gfs&member=ENS&bw=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

4ºc tonight in Cork according to RTE. That'll be a shock to the system as its easily the coldest night for a while. It'll be a lovely crisp morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Chilly! Sharp and fresh and still... socks please! ( laid a stock in..) Dry though so planning a blackberry outing when it is light enough. Gathering rose hips on the lane...

LATER. sudden wind now. Fresh and sweet with an autumn chill

west mayo offshore island

seriously , seriously cold! In fact, I am planning soon to... LIGHT THE STOVE!. First time since March....

Not a sight of the sun to mitigate the chill.... wish I had a thermometer but cold hands and feet are enough

west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dull cloudy and mild here in Castlebar .rain on the way.

• Advertisement

beautiful morning here in Meath, very sunny, blue skies, no cloud. Feeling mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    beautiful morning here in Meath, very sunny, blue skies, no cloud. Feeling mild.

Yep, its a stunner, i see on the radar that rain in the north west is edging this way, hopefully it fizzles out before it gets here

Dull cloudy and mild here in Castlebar .rain on the way.

It has arrived out here and a wind chill to set teeth on edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Beautiful day in Dublin , the sun is warm and a lovely bright sky . It is Autumn but a beautiful autumn day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clouded over now here in meath and the breeze has picked up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

Mostly cloudy in Dublin city now with just the odd fleeting glimpse of hazy sun that is becoming less frequent as time passes with thicker cloud building from the West. Mild if you are sheltered from the ever strengthening breeze but the breeze has a distinctive coolness to it.

Could be worse though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The difference in the weather in Dublin in one hour as seen above sums up the views on this forum this summer!

gone completely cloudy here too with a few spits of drizzle in the rain, pity because earlier on was beautiful.

High wind rampaging out here with a chill on its breath and sporadic rain.

Is it too early to hibernate please?

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Top 5 warmest starts (1st-10th) to September since the mid-70s in terms of national mean maxima. L.T.A for the period is 17.7c

1991: 21.7c
    1981: 20.4c
    2004: 20.0c
    1999: 20.0c
    2005: 19.5c

Top 5 coolest:
    1974: 15.3c
    1992: 15.4c
    2015: 15.7c
    1986: 15.8c
    2009: 16.2c

Plural of datum from Met Eireann.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dull cool windy
    Wet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We are in for a long period of settled, pretty warm and much sunnier weather from Friday onward. High pressure firmly in control. Should be really pleasant.

We can hold off on the heating bills :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Very heavy rain here in Castlebar. Surface flooding

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

The difference in the weather in Dublin in one hour as seen above sums up the views on this forum this summer!

It clouded over....simple as that!

Was a stunning morning in Dublin, with clear blue skies. Around lunchtime it clouded over/became overcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It clouded over....simple as that!

Was a stunning morning in Dublin, with clear blue skies. Around lunchtime it clouded over/became overcast.

Same in Wicklow. Stunning morning, genuinely warm in the sun. Clouded over, misty drizzle now.

Bit annoying to see the usual suspects claiming differing weather outlooks, at different times of a particular day at a certain location is evidence of some forum wide conspiracy or people being delusional!

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If you are talking about my post then Yes it was a lovely morning then clouded over . It happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Still only one dry day here since the start of August, dying for a few dry days to get some outdoor work done so here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Shorts on a sunny beach run this morning. The rain and wind came through around 11 and I had the stove on by 3pm. Roll on this flipping High!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Hopefully the fine spell isn't spoiled by something.

If that materialises, if we get a nice storm and a rather wintry November then I'd be very happy with Autumn 2019 but that's a big ask, especially the storm (from a Dublin perspective) and wintry-ish November!

So far, September has been a bit below average in my opinion but not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still only one dry day here since the start of August, dying for a few dry days to get some outdoor work done so here's hoping

The same, the last fully dry day was the 2nd of August.

Advertisement