Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is there a service that can pack move, store and move unpack house contents

• 20-04-2015 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,
    Just looking for some advice. Our house buyers are looking to close and move in on May 1st and the house we are buying haven't gotten back to respond to contract queries yet. We know it's a gamble but it's looking like we will have to exit our own house before signing contracts on the other. We're planning to stay with my parents till purchase of new house goes through.

As we'll be staying with my parents we will need to store our furniture, belongings etc until sale on new house goes through. We'll also need to pack up quickly.

Can anyone recommend a good secure service for: packing your house, moving the house, storing the contents then moving and unpacking in a months time?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I think most removal companies do this. We had to move out for a couple of months and used this service from of <Mod snip > . Can't remember whether we had one or two crates, but things like the big sofa, side board, etc . . . went into it as well as many boxes of stuff we knew we weren't going to need. It cost us about €75 a month for the crate storage. There was no extra charge for the packing/unpacking as they were already moving the house contents anyway.

Basically, they put the storage stuff into the van first, then the rest of your contents, then they move to the new place (in your case, your parents), unpack the contents, then drive the van back to the warehouse and load the storage stuff into a crate which is packed up and stuck on a shelf for as long as you keep paying them.

Movers will pack everything (since you are paying them), but you can save yourself a reasonable amount by packing the basics yourself and leaving the delicate stuff to them.

z

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

As per the charter, recommendations via pm only.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

Recommendations by PM.... can you drop me PM of recommendation please? We'll be looking to moving in the coming month/two. Thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Recession is over I see :pac:

Advertisement