Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish logos of yesteryear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

2md1ahx.jpg
    I believe Henry is back and has had a makeover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Cant believe we forgot one of the ultimate 80s icons

Bosco.jpg

Can't believe we lost Wanderly Wagon to that piece of crap

Can't believe we lost Wanderly Wagon to that piece of crap

:)
    But what about Seamus McSpud ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

rianta.jpg

nct.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Anyone remember these.And before anyone asks,they used to be assembled in the Nass rd in Dublin.

datsunlogo.jpg

Yeup! IIRC, they became 'Nissan' in c.1983?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Incidentially, I have an 80's Carlsberg sign for sale atm if anybody is interested?!;)

Linky - http://cgi.ebay.ie/CARLSBERG-BEER-WALL-SIGN-/110623966038?pt=UK_Collectables_Breweriana_SM&hash=item19c1b3c356

I also have a 'Canada Dry' sign (same size) which I might be tempted to part with too!

Electricity_Supply_Board_%28Ireland%29_logo.png

^^

Soon to be defunct in what is a complete waste of tax payers money and a pointless exercise where CEO, Padraig McManus is trying to justify his abnormal 750k annual salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The old Ryanair logo.

A2WN82.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dublindigi

Newscan0115.JPG

Newscan0116.JPG
    Electricity_Supply_Board_%28Ireland%29_logo.png

^^

Soon to be defunct in what is a complete waste of tax payers money and a pointless exercise where CEO, Padraig McManus is trying to justify his abnormal 750k annual salary.

If you knew what you were talking about you would realise that ESB never in its history got a penny / cent of taxpayers money as it raised all its own financial requirements and was a net contributor to the state coffers by way of Tax, Rates and Dividend, and was a major contributor to employment in Bord na Mona in the midlands , when there were next to no jobs available during 60's and 70's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

00009672-314.jpg

Roches Stores prior to being taken over by Debenhams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

8085_12.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Goldfingers

Ya could boil a stone on yer egg here.

!CCOSCH!EWk~$(KGrHqZ,!g4E0eb5LOR4BNKePT7wWw~~_12[1].jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Not sure how people will feel but Aer Lingus will take delivery of an Airbus A320 in March which will be in the old 1965-1974 livery to commemorate their 75th anniversary.

3rd one down in this image:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tearbringer/2935938392/in/set-72157610585645987/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

homestead_logo.jpg

Are this guys still on the go?. I remember my dog would attack me if I tried to feed it homestead dog food! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Goldfingers

These were the days when you didn't know the number of the bus because the advertising was so over the top. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Been ages since I saw that! :eek: I remember the L&N store in Listowel, just barely though. Became a SuperValu shortly after I arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

I have alot of memories of being dragged around the old L&N aka the hypermarket as a child in Waterford City, most memorable being the snowfall in 1984. Great to see that old logo again

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

dublin_bus.jpg

Screen%2Bshot%2B2009-11-06%2Bat%2B21.08.38.png

Cassidys+South+George%27s+St.jpg

3843027736_b18d779e34.jpg

ireland_dublin_radio_dublin_sticker_long.jpg

Golden Goose
    Natisco - used to be a short distance down from Hector Greys in Liffey Street.
    Sweeneys in Talbot Street
    The Banba - loved the shop in Rathmines, was great to pop in there after school
    Switzers
    Todd Co
    Tree Top orange
    Smiths Crisps
    7/11 shops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I was at a closed down train station last week and found the below. :)

110123r94.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Ruu wrote: »
    I was at a closed down train station last week and found the below. :)

110123r94.th.jpg

That brings back memories of JMOB home bread deliveries by Gerry the Baker and then his son who took over the round when his dad retired.

Deliveries Tuesday - Saturday and bread left on the doorstep except on Saturdays when the bill was paid

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

Has anyone got pics of crazy prices used to be in the square tallaght where tescos is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

gipi wrote: »
    A quick google brought up Bradbury's Bakeries, who have restaurants/coffee shops in Athy and Newbridge. Hard to see, but it does look like a bakery shop window in the background. Maybe post it in the Kildare forum to see if anyone recognises it?

That's bradbury's bakery in Athy,it's still there i think,also a newer one in Newbridge,

Haven't been on this thread in a while

Jacobs take the biscuit

154133.jpg
    Dublindigi wrote: »
    If you knew what you were talking about you would realise that ESB never in its history got a penny / cent of taxpayers money as it raised all its own financial requirements and was a net contributor to the state coffers by way of Tax, Rates and Dividend, and was a major contributor to employment in Bord na Mona in the midlands , when there were next to no jobs available during 60's and 70's.

i recognise the contribution they made in terms of employment but im not on about the 60s or 70s but the pointless re branding exercise and the crazy salary their ceo is on so get off your high horse. anyhow this site is for old brands. if you want to discuss esb fair enough im sure there is a thread somewhere on boards for that but for now we'll talk old logos.

Haven't been on this thread in a while

Jacobs take the biscuit

154133.jpg

i recognise the contribution they made in terms of employment but im not on about the 60s or 70s but the pointless re branding exercise and the crazy salary their ceo is on so get off your high horse. anyhow this site is for old brands. if you want to discuss esb fair enough im sure there is a thread somewhere on boards for that but for now we'll talk old logos.

I remember the last Kimberley box in that photo.

About the ESB/Electric Ireland rebrand, they were required to rebrand by the CER as a condition of allowing them to set their own prices. I agree it's pointless, and to be honest they probably didn't want to do it themselves.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8WvmMSlwypgTwH6bFN_ImpwEUWCCwCuQerFYvIQCCNP_R2AetPA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRM8x23GFqpa6-LabGEF37ZLu_at5SklO1SSHLdNbgamyV9N8rXgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAHvrLxIIZwL5IYwCVckhG6ueHSH_jtbA-5GlAi9fQVq0KzANB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I have a couple of these at home, i drank it once and it tasted like dish water

rsz_2me_and_gar_x_005.jpg

• Advertisement

Found a good site here

http://www.irish-tv.com/flash.asp

Advertisement