Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

123 claim or not, €2100?

• 07-07-2019 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. I hit the back of another car this year and they contacted my insurance that paid them 2100 euros. I don't have any claims protection and my insurance last year costed 1200 (even with 6 years NCB). The questions is should I pay 123.ie back this money (they said my NCB wouldn't be affected if I pay this before my renewal date in september) or should I leave this and pay a higher premium next time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's up to you, because no-one knows what your premiums will be next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Wait until you get your renewal notice then decide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Deboradcm wrote: »
    Hi. I hit the back of another car this year and they contacted my insurance that paid them 2100 euros. I don't have any claims protection and my insurance last year costed 1200 (even with 6 years NCB). The questions is should I pay 123.ie back this money (they said my NCB wouldn't be affected if I pay this before my renewal date in september) or should I leave this and pay a higher premium next time?

6 years seems to be the highest NCB with 123 which claims up to a 60% reduction for NCB. This would imply your undiscounted premium would be €3,000 but there’s no need for a guess as it should be stated on your renewal document from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Deboradcm

Marcusm wrote: »
    6 years seems to be the highest NCB with 123 which claims up to a 60% reduction for NCB. This would imply your undiscounted premium would be €3,000 but there’s no need for a guess as it should be stated on your renewal document from last year.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I just checked and I got 1586 euros discount last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Deboradcm wrote: »

No protection? Not even step-back?

As advised, I'd wait for renewal notice... First year it might not be beneficial to pay back, but remember that the claim and the reduction in NCB will be with you for around 5 years...

And get full bonus protection next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Deboradcm

grogi wrote: »
    No protection? Not even step-back?

As advised, I'd wait for renewal notice... First year it might not be beneficial to pay back, but remember that the claim and the reduction in NCB will be with you for around 5 years...

And get full bonus protection next time.

I just checked and yes I have stepback protection

Advertisement