1. Predict the IMT (average temperature at five locations, Claremorris, Mullingar, Casement, Oak Park, Shannon), 1981-2010 "normal" was 5.1 C.
2. Predict the MAX and
3. MIN (each from the roughly 25 stations normally reporting on the met.ie website).
4. Predict the PRC as a percentage of normal values (the data used come from eleven locations, the five mentioned in part one, plus these six: Malin Head, Belmullet, Ballyhaise, Johnstown Castle, Cork, Valentia).
5. Predict the SUN as a percentage of normal values (the data used come from six locations, Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Cork, Shannon and Valentia).
6. Some guidance is suggesting a significant cold spell. What will be the maximum snow depth at Casement during January, and on which date? (no significant snow forecasts don't need a date) -- amount will be 7/10 of this bonus and timing will be 3/10 of the points awarded.
Because I posted this rather late and there is the usual disruption of New Years involved, late penalties will be somewhat more lenient than usual, just 2 points for anyone coming in before 1500h 1st, and a maximum of 8 by 1500 2nd. After that it's a point an hour as usual. Any data already reported by the time of late forecasts, and used for those forecasts will be subject to spot deductions too (although I don't anticipate this will be a big factor).