Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

There's someone on my friends list that posted up photos of their ex-boyfriends funeral.

100% true.

They're actually a decent person but that is very warped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

"Yer auld lady's gap is a trap for getting the clap"

Carlsberg don't do insults, but if they did they'd probably be on that status. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

funkyflea wrote: »
    There's someone on my friends list that posted up photos of their ex-boyfriends funeral.

100% true.

They're actually a decent person but that is very warped.

TBF, some people do odd things when faced with grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Where do you find these people? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

booboo88 wrote: »
    Where do you find these people? :eek:

DCU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

Burgo wrote: »

There's some legends posting on that wall haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

I'm not hot or gorgeous, I dont have an amazing figure or a flat stomach. I'm far from being considered a model but i'll give you head if ya want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm not hot or gorgeous, I dont have an amazing figure or a flat stomach. I'm far from being considered a model but i'll give you head if ya want.
    link?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭Alpish

I have a 'friend' who's girlfriend posted a picture she took of a newspaper article where her boyfriend was in court for threatening to kill some guards. She tagged the boyfriend in it and loads of people liked it :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Hates when I get the "You're JUST a mum?" or "Do you ever work?" Uh yes, I am a Mum! That makes me an alarm clock, cook, maid, waitress, teacher, nurse, handyman, security officer, photographer, counselor, chauffeur, event planner and personal assistant, I don't get holidays, sick pay or days off. I work through the DAY & NIGHT. I am on call 24/7 for the rest of my life. And that's just with my first job... BEING A MUM! I may not be anything to you but, I am everything to someone! Re-post if your are proud mum!:-)

SHUT UP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

This has to be one of the worst yet:

"LIKE if u wish cancer didnt exsist & repost if u have a heart"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Aoifey! wrote: »
    This has to be one of the worst yet:

"LIKE if u wish cancer didnt exsist & repost if u have a heart"
    All of those copy and repost statuses wreck my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

(not a status, one of those link things that people like)
    Irish born, Irish bred, strong in the arm, mad in the head. Irish born, Irish bred , mad as hell, wicked in bed! Irish born, Irish bred, f*ck wit us and we'll leave you dead! Like this if your irish and proud

Jaysus. Fulfilling stereotypes left, right and centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I hate when someone posts a link asking you to vote for a friend in a competition of some sort. No problem with the voting in principle, but then you get to the page and it turns out you have to give your facebook details to some random company, and like them in the process. feck that.

Also, some people have the most random friends. Some of my friends are friends with local petrol stations and and the like. Why??

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

People who use facebook for the benifit of people in their jobs knowing why they aren't in. Oh well if I say on facebook this happened then it has to be the real reason I am off sick today! Rtards.

Prob my fav thread this on AH. Funny as fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hates when I get the "You're JUST a mum?" or "Do you ever work?" Uh yes, I am a Mum! That makes me an alarm clock, cook, maid, waitress, teacher, nurse, handyman, security officer, photographer, counselor, chauffeur, event planner and personal assistant, I don't get holidays, sick pay or days off. I work through the DAY & NIGHT. I am on call 24/7 for the rest of my life. And that's just with my first job... BEING A MUM! I may not be anything to you but, I am everything to someone! Re-post if your are proud mum!:-)

SHUT UP

Yep, and who ever even says "You're JUST a mum?" in casual conversation? That's translated into how they hear it, i.e. their own insecurities based on a random, polite question. A real pet peeve of mine about Facebook: using it to broadcast what you dislike about yourself then ranting at people who never asked or cared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Einhard wrote: »
    I hate when someone posts a link asking you to vote for a friend in a competition of some sort. No problem with the voting in principle, but then you get to the page and it turns out you have to give your facebook details to some random company, and like them in the process. feck that.

Also, some people have the most random friends. Some of my friends are friends with local petrol stations and and the like. Why??

In the first part, I hate these people who expect you to vote on their crappy competitions! No thanks, I don't want to 'like' the new sweet shop that just opened so that you can win a bag of sweets!! :mad:

Second one gets me going even worse!! :D
    You have just added 'Joe Bloggs' as a friend. Would you also like to add 'Topaz petrol station Limerick'? You and this random building have 57 mutual friends!
    WTF?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

":If you love your mum post this as ur status. A girl ignored it and 365 days later her mum passed away. Sorry guys im not risking it ♥"

WTF???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

‎"A girl finds out she has ovarian cancer, and can't find a donor. She tells her boyfriend but he doesn't even look up from the TV. The girl finally gets a donor and after the surgery asks her mum "Who donated the ovaries?" That girl visits her boyfriends grave everyday. aw like if you cried :')"

I sincerely hope this is a piss-take.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

I can't even make sense of the one above :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I have an old school friend who is currently trying to conceive. I have every sympathy for her because she really, really wants a baby and has been unable to have one thus far, but I had to hide her statuses because she has been broadcasting everything on Facebook.

Such gems include:

"Am ovulating atm!! HUBBY GET HOME NOW!! ;):):)"

"Just got period, never been so sad to see it :("
    Which was followed by the well-meaning masses posting drivel like "n/m hun it'll happen" and "Doctor Steph advises more sexytime!!"

CRINGE.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Jingle Bells
    England Smells
    The French are pretty gay
    Irelands best so **** the rest
    Up the IRA.

How nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

i bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen

It's even more confusing when you see this type of stuff on your phone. On mine the dotless i doesn't render, you see a rectangular box instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Jaxxy wrote: »
    I have an old school friend who is currently trying to conceive. I have every sympathy for her because she really, really wants a baby and has been unable to have one thus far, but I had to hide her statuses because she has been broadcasting everything on Facebook.

Such gems include:

"Am ovulating atm!! HUBBY GET HOME NOW!! ;):):)"

"Just got period, never been so sad to see it :("
    Which was followed by the well-meaning masses posting drivel like "n/m hun it'll happen" and "Doctor Steph advises more sexytime!!"

CRINGE.

That's shocking to say the least.

(can't belive she got her period...:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

If a tree falls on a woman in the forest and no one is around to hear it.......
    Then what was a forest doing in the kitchen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

AATCHOO !!! .......٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶....... If you're allergic to bull****, liars and 2-faced people, keep this sneeze going ... I can't wait to see who'll re-post

love a little deeper, laugh a little harder, hold the one you love a little tighter, because tomorrow is never promised!!♥

snow is like a cock its measured in inches ,soft to the touch, cums when you least expect it and it never gets as deep as you.d like it. driving in the snow is like eating pussy. if you dont slow down and pay attention you could slide into the asshole in front of you /Be careful this winter :)

don't ever let somebody tell you, you can't do something, if you have a dream you gota protect it, when people can't do something themselves, they wana tell you you can't do it, if you want something go get it!

Keep this rose going for anyone in heaven that you've loved lost but never forgot ♥
    _____/)___/)______./¯"""/')
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯\)¯¯¯'\_„„„,\)

only 3 things you need in this life, fall in love, find your voice and live for today :)

Just a little selection from the past few days - all from the same person - sweet jesus - shes family so I cant delete (presses unsubscribe :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Sulmac wrote: »
    I sincerely hope this is a piss-take.

I don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I don't understand.

'tis a sad tale of how a girl is dying because of her ovaries and her boyfriend sacrifices his life for her by donating his ovaries.
    Posters encourage readers who are touched by this to repost it.

Sulmac hopes it is a pisstake because boys don't have ovaries, and he would be upset if his suspicions that people are mentally deficient to such a degree were proved correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

"cant believe the cu*ts down the post office asked to see my passport beofre they gave me me money. Fu*king redicilous"

Charming. Her equally dole loving mates all agreed with her too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

The uneducated Brits who rattle on about their armed servicemen and women.

'pay our soldiers footballers wages' etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement