Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment - Applying to join An Garda Siochana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

ojewriej wrote: »
    They don't keep your form b after you've failed, so you can safely re-use your scenarios. I used the same ones every time, and passed the intervie every time.

thanks ojewriej saves me a lot of hassle having to be imaginative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 daisey

shakin wrote: »
    as long as you get the tests done first how bad!
    oh and your not hurt:D
    haha oh ya thats most important :D never mind the broken bones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

anyone go for day 1.????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Went for Saturday the 21st myself. Was told 9am. Anybody doing any of the courses before hand?
    Best of luck to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

i went for sat 14th. was told 12.30pm

• Advertisement

paddymc1 wrote: »
    Went for Saturday the 21st myself. Was told 9am. Anybody doing any of the courses before hand?
    Best of luck to all.

im at 12:30 that day,not sure what course to do yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

I'm in on the 11th at 10.00! When do you fill in your form B?

karlokarl wrote: »
    I'm in on the 11th at 10.00! When do you fill in your form B?

when you pass stage 1 afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

goouch wrote: »
    TO THOSE that have done stage 1 before are ye going to use the same scenarios as you used in stage ii form, i have passesd the interview in the past so i was thinking of just using the same again any advice?????

I passed the interview before too but think i will change my scenarios a small bit . What did you fail on last time if u passed interview before. i was thinking about putting down that i failed and that i had to go back and achieve a high standard by losing enough weight to get in. what do you's think bout that. or is it bad to bring that in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

soundlad wrote: »
    I passed the interview before too but think i will change my scenarios a small bit ... i was thinking about putting down that i failed and that i had to go back and achieve a high standard by losing enough weight to get in. what do you's think bout that. or is it bad to bring that in

I'll defo be using my re-applying as a scenario in Preparing to Achieve High Standards showing determination; will-power and how committed you are in wanting to succeed to get through ...

• Advertisement

soundlad wrote: »
    I passed the interview before too but think i will change my scenarios a small bit . What did you fail on last time if u passed interview before. i was thinking about putting down that i failed and that i had to go back and achieve a high standard by losing enough weight to get in. what do you's think bout that. or is it bad to bring that in

Thinking of swap mine around a bit. Going to use my back up ones as the main ones and keep the ones I used last time as my back up ones.

shakin wrote: »
    when you pass stage 1 afaik

This is in the mail sent to your account from PAS.

IMPORTANT: Once you have booked a Stage 1 test slot you are required to complete the Stage II Interview Application Form and return by e-mail to garda2008@publicjobs.ie by Thursday 5th June 2008.

Is there anybody here who did not get mail today from PAS? Friend of mine did not get one from them, he's ringing them tommorow to find out what has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dottie

I'm on Sat 14th at 3.30pm. Yep, we have to email that form back by June 5th. I have to get thinking now on how to fill it out!:eek:

Best of Luck to everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

paddymc1 wrote: »
    Is there anybody here who did not get mail today from PAS? Friend of mine did not get one from them, he's ringing them tommorow to find out what has happened.

When I was applying in feb I never received the e-mail when most others did but people here on boards gave me the number to ring to arrange my date for stage1 exam. I phoned the morning the lines opened and got my date and time and phoned PAS afterward and it was just a "clerical error affecting people on one of their mailing lists"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Probably a stupid question but do you just fill in all the info on the Interiew App. Form on your computer and then e-mail it back? i.e. no handwriting involved?? Sorry, but not up to date on this kind of thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

karlokarl wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but do you just fill in all the info on the Interiew App. Form on your computer and then e-mail it back? i.e. no handwriting involved?? Sorry, but not up to date on this kind of thing!!

yes, its all on the computer.

Its tedious but thats how it has to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Hi all, has anyone any opinion of the age limit rule i.e 35. Will it ever be lifted? Sure I know it was from 26 to 35 a couple of years ago but will they raise it again. The majority of forces in UK including PSNI (age limit 50 I believe?), US and Australia have no upper age limit.
    Also is it possible they (Gardai) could (as in other forces worldwide) allow people who have served say 2 years in the reserves a chance to apply to the full time force with no conditions regarding age, within reason! ;-)
    Just wondering does anyone have any opinions on the above? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

I ADDED mine as an E-Mail attachment, and sent it off this evening i wouldnt delay with what they ask for, take yer time at the scenarios as this forms your interview,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

with regards the employment history on the interview app form, can you give your employment history from when you finished college instead of when you finished school. it says school or college. just wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

From what i can remember you must give ALL your employment history....

With in reason, i believe there is some stipulation (Read the Form, it should be on it somewhere, unless its changed) on the form about not needing to put down employment details for jobs not lasting longer than 2 weeks or something like that!!

Others Boardsies will confirm, but better to be safe then sorry.

goouch wrote: »
    I ADDED mine as an E-Mail attachment, and sent it off this evening i wouldnt delay with what they ask for, take yer time at the scenarios as this forms your interview,,,,,

you have to have it in for the 5th so whether you send it now or on the day wont put you up or down:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

help

achieving high standards?

making balanced decisions?

working with others? community or work based

persuading others and taking charge?

have ideas but not sure whether they relevant, can anyone give me some help!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    help

have ideas but not sure whether they relevant, can anyone give me some help!

thanks

They are not looking for you to fill these scenarios with storys of how you saved the day and are some kind of hero.

Some examples below, but with a caveat attached

*TBH you are better off thinking of scenario's that you know and have experience of because it will be easier to talk about and recall.

Could be anything, passing a driving test, studying for college exams, preparing for the actual PAS Interview itself.

Dealing with problems in work etc....

Teamwork..... this one is kind of easy to come up with scenario's so need to elaborate

Team Leader, Captain of a football team etc,,,

Use examples from your life, trust me this is a much better way to do it, also if you read the scenarios they give a short synopsis including the key values they are looking for, just have a good think about it and you will come up with times when you have used them.

Make sure you have an example of how you would apply all the scenarios to life in AGS.

And have plenty of backups ready, usually its good to have 2 extra just in case.

Final point would be DO NOT LIE, they will sniff it out and unravel you in the interview.

They have interviewed 100's of candidates so they know when your telling lies.

*All the above is just my opinion, but it worked for me.

P.s Sorry about the long post!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

thanks have read them a few times but just not sure what to put down, will have another good read this evening, also found some info on net about skills and experiences and how to elaborate on them so will get working on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mc-panda

Should an example of how these skills could be used in AGS be included in text on the actual Interview Application Form, or should we just keep this in mind for verbal communication at the interview?

Silly question? Probably. I just want to make sure I dot all my is and cross every t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

mc-panda wrote: »
    Should an example of how these skills could be used in AGS be included in text on the actual Interview Application Form, or should we just keep this in mind for verbal communication at the interview?

Silly question? Probably. I just want to make sure I dot all my is and cross every t.

Don't put it on the form, but they will ask you about it during the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rebels

iam new to this thread i ha ve a hearing aid in one ear really small will this go against me in the process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

rebels wrote: »
    iam new to this thread i ha ve a hearing aid in one ear really small will this go against me in the process

You have to pass a hearing test, so i'm afraid it will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

DustyMan wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone any opinion of the age limit rule i.e 35. Will it ever be lifted? Sure I know it was from 26 to 35 a couple of years ago but will they raise it again. The majority of forces in UK including PSNI (age limit 50 I believe?), US and Australia have no upper age limit.
    Also is it possible they (Gardai) could (as in other forces worldwide) allow people who have served say 2 years in the reserves a chance to apply to the full time force with no conditions regarding age, within reason! ;-)
    Just wondering does anyone have any opinions on the above? :cool:

This is a very good question, one I've been thinking about asking in the past.
    I know most of the people on here are young and will never have to worry about this but for the people in the know, are there any movements on this? anything on the grapevine?

Advertisement