Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

An extremely rare sunny morning here but quickly back to our usual slate grey. Think that was the first time I opened the curtains to proper blue skies since that brief nice spell in early August

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Magnificent day in Dublin 5. Sun splitting the sky again, lovely and warm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Slate grey and oppressively humid in mullingar at the moment.

A great day for the flying ants as my old neighbor says.

I’m very busy working and could do without this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another beautiful day in Meath, plenty of sunshine and warm 23C. The past 3 days is up there with the best weather we've had all year in terms of sunshine and temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭obi604

Slate grey and oppressively humid in mullingar at the moment.

A great day for the flying ants as my old neighbor says.

I’m very busy working and could do without this.

ye wha :D
    do without what? the humidity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Clouded over between 1.30pm and 3.30pm, but prolonged sunshine in the last half hour and temperatures have really climbed. 23.2°c presently in south Laois.

24 degrees at Phoenix park, it nearly hit 25 there yesterday (24.7). Might hit 25 yet, very warm out there this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

obi604 wrote: »
    ye wha :D
    do without what? the humidity?

Yes. And the heat. Prefer fresh weather with a max of 16.

Especially when horsing things in and out of boot of car etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

24 degrees at Phoenix park, it nearly hit 25 there yesterday (24.7). Might hit 25 yet, very warm out there this afternoon

Clouded over now so probably not unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Went for a cycle earlier, sun popped out for about 20minutes so sat down by the shore, was very nice indeed. Back on the bike, in my element cycling across country roads when all of a sudden I feel a few drops.

Those few drops turned into an almighty downpour, you could feel the sting of the drops on your skin, got soaked to the bone.

Wonderful.

Tropical if nothing else, still 19.7°c in West Clare, humidity 90%. Rainfall continuing.

• Advertisement

Clouded over now so probably not unfortunately.

Very little cloud here, sun splitting the rocks

Very little cloud here, sun splitting the rocks

where is here?

east galway, started off ok, a bit of sun, then full hot sun for an hour or 2
    been bloody overcast since about 3pm and gone really dark now, temp still around 21 , just no sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Billcarson

September sweat. No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Turned out to be a nice day in Dublin CC. Sunny and warm at a out 21/22 degrees I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

In my part of Dublin 5 it was mostly hazy or cloudy all day, but we got the guts of 2 hours maybe between about 2 and 4pm of mostly sun. Cracking day all the same, enough for me to feel a little burnt on my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Another very heavy downpour in West Clare, looking at the radar there's a number of heavy showers around.

obi604 wrote: »
    where is here?

Dublin 5, still sunny and warm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Dublin 5, still sunny and warm

Another poster has said that it was sunny for 2 hours only in Dublin 5.

Well I have been between the house and the Garden all day and I can assure you i know what the sun and blue skies look like. It’s still the same now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭appledrop

I have been in heaven the last few days with this weather! I absolutely love the deadheat. We have had more sun in last few days then all of July + August!

Got out of car this evening from work + was nearly like being abroad.

The only downside is no longer wfh but having at least I enjoyed Sunday.

I hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

appledrop wrote: »
    I have been in heaven the last few days with this weather! I absolutely love the deadheat. We have had more sun in last few days then all of July + August!

Got out of car this evening from work + was nearly like being abroad.

The only downside is no longer wfh but having at least I enjoyed Sunday.

I hope it continues.

Out for a walk right now and it really feels like Spain. That distinctive smell when it’s warm and humid. Loving it. If only we could have had this during July and August!
    Makes you laugh really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

esposito wrote: »
    Out for a walk right now and it really feels like Spain. That distinctive smell when it’s warm and humid. Loving it. If only we could have had this during July and August!
    Makes you laugh really.

Wait till December and you’ll laugh even harder when it’s 17°c and humid.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Wait till December and you’ll laugh even harder when it’s 17°c and humid.

I know! So used to our Decembers being so mild, especially at Christmas. Every bloody year from 2011 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Nicest evening I've experienced this year, so warm still, the light was amazing at the seafront in Clontarf and promenade so busy. Thank you weather Gods!

Whats-App-Image-2020-09-15-at-20-51-59.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It was sunny for much more than 2 hours. The last 3 days have all been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Nicest evening I've experienced this year, so warm still, the light was amazing at the seafront in Clontarf and promenade so busy. Thank you weather Gods!

Yeah, it was great, spent it at old reliable Burrow Beach and there was a nice tranquil sky to end it. Like this time last year, these past few days been a god send!

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yeah, it was great, spent it at old reliable Burrow Beach and there was a nice tranquil sky to end it. Like this time last year, these past few days been a god send!

We’ll pay for this in a few weeks won’t we?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sooo dull in Cork today, a really bleh kind of a day...

• Advertisement

East Galway - absolutely p1ssing rain for last hour. Like really lashing.

Advertisement