Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Cool!
    Are you setting up one?

Nope. I have a lovely 4K Mexican subscription that I set up and paid for allllll for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Nope. I have a lovely 4K Mexican subscription that I set up and paid for allllll for myself.

Cool!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Anyone else get ..... "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."?

There is enough money on my Revolut so not sure why? Can someone help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I successfully created a new premium account today on Mexican Netflix - just to note, I was able to pay successfully with my own Irish Debit card (it is a debit Mastercard) without any need to for Revolut account creation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

jArgHA wrote: »
    I successfully created a new premium account today on Mexican Netflix - just to note, I was able to pay successfully with my own Irish Debit card (it is a debit Mastercard) without any need to for Revolut account creation etc.

Hi,
    Are you offering some places? If so can I join please?

Thanks,
    Patrick.

• Advertisement

You may find when you get billed you get charged in Euros - happened to a previous poster. If you get billed in MXN, you'll pay relatively chunky FX fee on top of whatever rate the bank gives you.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The use of a Revolut account was never a requirement, it was only to avail of more favourable exchange rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Could you use the Hola app as a vpn or would you need to purchase a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

dinneenp wrote: »

Hi,
    Are you offering some places? If so can I join please?

Thanks,
    Patrick.
    Looking to join family If places going also?

Cheers.

magicmoves wrote: »
    Could you use the Hola app as a vpn or would you need to purchase a VPN?
    Hola/Tunnelbear etc are fine. You only need it to sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm willing to join if any places available?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I am still available and willing to pay to join a family

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

numorouno wrote: »
    I am still available and willing to pay to join a family

There are three posters on the previous page saying the same thing. Surely you could contact them, and organise between ye.

Had my first 199 MXN charge come through on Revolut. Came in at €8.84.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Considering the Mexico option, just need to get a Revolut Card. Is Revolut set up through its app and a card ordered from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Westeros wrote: »
    Considering the Mexico option, just need to get a Revolut Card. Is Revolut set up through its app and a card ordered from there?

Yep. You don't technically need the card, but if they still have free ones, you may as well order it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Getting cert error using vpn to connect to netflix mx.

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Anybody else seeing this?

degsie wrote: »

Are you trying to use a Netflix app anywhere or just trying to go to the Mexican website?

If the website, and you've used it before, there will probably be cookies messing it up. Use Chrome Incognito mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brianbrain63

Does Mexican Netflix have the same selection of shows as the Irish one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

degsie wrote: »

No. It is actually very serious problem, your connection is not secure and someone could steel your cc detaills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,480 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What vpn's still work on Netflix?

eagle eye wrote: »

Forget about any. If some work, they stop very fast. Not worth the hassle anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

eagle eye wrote:

OVH. It's the cheapest option, but of course requires a little work to get set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

grogi wrote: »
    Forget about any. If some work, they stop very fast. Not worth the hassle anymore.

Not true. I've been using the same one for months.

Not true. I've been using the same one for months.

My VPN works fine as well. But it isn't commercial...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone with the Mexican account getting error 0013 can not connect to Netflix service! Have this on a Shield and a second android box?

Nope, watching it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

I would like to join a family if there is any setting up :) Im not sure how to do it myself or get on to the mexican site.

Happy to chip in my funds though if someone knows the technical parts!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Also just got billed by Netflix Mexico for the 2 screen HD package - worked out at 6.54 using an ordinary debit card. Pretty decent - don't think I will bother with Revolut now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

€8.56 for 4 using Revolut (Mxn 199).

Advertisement