Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just signed up for the Sky Sports pack and have everything sorted except I can only seem to get Pack 1 (Sky Sports 1 & 2) and not Pack 2? The terms & conditions mention you get both.

"Vodafone X with Sky Sports Mobile, which includes 20GB Data, unlimited any network texts, 100 any network minutes plus Sky Sports Mobile TV packs 1 & 2, for 4 weeks."

I'm only actually after Pack 2 as that has the stuff I watch (NFL/WWE).

Contact them on their online chat via the myvodafone app and see what they say if you haven't got it sorted already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭bren2001

Cheers op. Signed up earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Just signed up for the Sky Sports pack and have everything sorted except I can only seem to get Pack 1 (Sky Sports 1 & 2) and not Pack 2? The terms & conditions mention you get both.

"Vodafone X with Sky Sports Mobile, which includes 20GB Data, unlimited any network texts, 100 any network minutes plus Sky Sports Mobile TV packs 1 & 2, for 4 weeks."

I'm pretty sure a poster said earlier in this thread that it's just Sky Sports 1 and 2 they offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

canihave wrote: »
    I went in to Vodafone today with my student in tow. Was delighted with myself until it was pointed out that it's sky sports 1 & 2 so doesn't really compare with sports package on tv. Also it can only be watched on the phone, can't be mirrored on to Apple TV apparently. Just two pitfalls we discovered

Here it is

Carroller wrote: »
    Here it is

If that is the case, their terms and conditions page is wrong as it states you get both packs, not just pack 1.

• Advertisement

Did you manage to get this sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

It's a no go I'm afraid. They only allow Pack 1 on the deal despite the "Vodafone X Terms & Conditions" saying it's both Packs 1 & 2. I can't even add Pack 2 to the subscription. There's another T&C specifically for the add ons here: https://www.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go/#vodafonex-contentoffer

That says "Vodafone X with Sky Sports Mobile TV Pack 1 includes channels Sky Sports 1 & Sky Sports 2. You cannot upgrade to Sky Sports Mobile TV Pack 2 as part of Vodafone X."

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I'm watching The Masters right now for free so I can't really complain, that alone has made it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

Just checking to be sure

Do I port my current virgin mobile number, select say Tuesday afternoon to allow post of sim, set that up, then put my number now on Vodafone in and get the deal?

jeffk wrote: »
    Just checking to be sure

Do I port my current virgin mobile number, select say Tuesday afternoon to allow post of sim, set that up, then put my number now on Vodafone in and get the deal?

Yes, but first you can follow the link and sign in with your Facebook so it can check your age.If you get as far as where it asks for your phone number then you are fine, they can verify your age. If not then you can't sign up because the only other way to sign up is by presenting student ID in-store. (I'm assuming your not in the age bracket and not a student)

I would set the port to take place on Wednesday afternoon just to be on the safe side. There have been a few people over in the Vodafone forum who have set the port for 2 days later and hadn't received their sim by the time it had ported. Meaning they had to go to a Vodafone store and get a replacement sim.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote:
    Yes, but first you can follow the link and sign in with your Facebook so it can check your age.If you get as far as where it asks for your phone number then you are fine, they can verify your age. If not then you can't sign up because the only other way to sign up is by presenting student ID in-store. (I'm assuming your not in the age bracket and not a student)

FrostyJim wrote:
    I would set the port to take place on Wednesday afternoon just to be on the safe side. There have been a few people over in the Vodafone forum who have set the port for 2 days later and hadn't received their sim by the time it had ported. Meaning they had to go to a Vodafone store and get a replacement sim.

Thanks for all the information.

I was messing around and put in my current number after Facebook verification. Hopefully won't cause any issues,if need I'll just set up another Facebook account.

I've the port down for Wednesday 12 onwards. About a month and a bit left on virgin E5 for 5 months, but always wanted to go to Vodafone as data and coverage are meant to be the best.

jeffk wrote: »
    Thanks for all the information.

I was messing around and put in my current number after Facebook verification. Hopefully won't cause any issues,if need I'll just set up another Facebook account.

I've the port down for Wednesday 12 onwards. About a month and a bit left on virgin E5 for 5 months, but always wanted to go to Vodafone as data and coverage are meant to be the best.

Yes, signal has been flawless for me since the switch from 3. Data also seems very good although I haven't tested it in the wilds too much yet. What clinched it for me was the Spotify premium subscription. That by itself is €8.99 if you don't go down the family sub route. Meteors 30euro unlimited plan for 20euro is another one to look at if you will use plenty of minutes.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103144981&postcount=123

FrostyJim wrote:
    Yes, signal has been flawless for me since the switch from 3. Data also seems very good although I haven't tested it in the wilds too much yet. What clinched it for me was the Spotify premium subscription. That by itself is €8.99 if you don't go down the family sub route. Meteors 30euro unlimited plan for 20euro is another one to look at if you will use plenty of minutes.

I do use data a lot to back up pictures to the cloud so hopefully that'll go quicker now.
    I do and don't use Spotify, we but as the saying goes I won't say no for free lol.
    Yeah I was looking at that thanks, I'll get Vodafone for a month and see, worse case I'll use Virgins phone app to call if I use up minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Tried tether again today.
    Be warned, this is most certainly charged!

(Yes I confirmed before during and after that my one and only apn was pointing to LIVE.vodafone.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eduzzino5

Are the 20gb valid in Ireland only? And does it take the 20euro credit or do you keep them?

eduzzino5 wrote: »
    Are the 20gb valid in Ireland only? And does it take the 20euro credit or do you keep them?

Yes the €20 is taken.
    I don't believe there's free roaming on it yet.
    As they are taking the €20 I'd be hopeful that perhaps the 20GB would be allowed when roaming the EU after the June deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

biebiebie wrote: »
    Tried tether again today.
    Be warned, this is most certainly charged!

(Yes I confirmed before during and after that my one and only apn was pointing to LIVE.vodafone.ie)

I'm tethering each weekend to my tablet and never get charged. Very happy with the speeds. Faster than my home broadband by a factor of 4 sometimes :)

I'm tethering each weekend to my tablet and never get charged. Very happy with the speeds. Faster than my home broadband by a factor of 4 sometimes :)

Hmm.
    Do you have credit on your account?
    Or a nil balance as you only top up by the €20?
    Are you using an Apple or Android phone?

Just trying to figure out what the difference is!

Hmm.
    Do you have credit on your account?
    Or a nil balance as you only top up by the €20?
    Are you using an Apple or Android phone?

Just trying to figure out what the difference is!

Using SGS6E+. I have e10.50 (50c initially and e10 bonus) since I changed over couple weeks ago from another provider. I've used 3GB tethering since getting it.

Using SGS6E+. I have e10.50 (50c initially and e10 bonus) since I changed over couple weeks ago from another provider. I've used 3GB tethering since getting it.

Right so I'm back on to online chat to get my money back!
    Have no idea why I get charged!

• Advertisement

Right so I'm back on to online chat to get my money back!
    Have no idea why I get charged!

You'll spoil it for the rest of us! :D

Okay so online chat simply keep stating that tether isn't free and is automatically charged.

I got my money refunded.

However when I pressed on the wording on the terms and conditions and lack of clarity well then a strange thing happened.
    The chat support person claimed that they weren't getting any reply from me and despite my plees not to disconnect they dropped the chat session.

Didn't leave a very pleasant taste to be honest.

Think I'll need to visit the Vodafone support forum.

You'll spoil it for the rest of us! :D

No I didn't mention anyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

Okay so online chat simply keep stating that tether isn't free and is automatically charged.

I got my money refunded.

However when I pressed on the wording on the terms and conditions and lack of clarity well then a strange thing happened.
    The chat support person claimed that they weren't getting any reply from me and despite my plees not to disconnect they dropped the chat session.

Didn't leave a very pleasant taste to be honest.

Think I'll need to visit the Vodafone support forum.

The above is essentially vodafone's customer support in a nutshell.

PAKNET wrote: »
    The above is essentially vodafone's customer support in a nutshell.

Yeah the first line crowd are fairly useless but if you have a problem, press for it to be escalated to 2nd line and it'll usually get sorted reasonably quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

I presume you can't get charged for tethering on this plan as you have no credit to begin with?

Luap wrote: »
    I presume you can't get charged for tethering on this plan as you have no credit to begin with?

You can depending on what APN your phone uses to connect to the internet for hotspot. If you have no credit and they wanted to charge you you'd find that hotspot would not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Luap wrote: »

Well yes if you have not credit on your account t will just stop you.

But if you do have credit and use an APN which is being billed, it will drain your credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Bob24 wrote: »
    Well yes if you have not credit on your account t will just stop you.

But if you do have credit and use an APN which is being billed, it will drain your credit.

I have been tethering without issue at weekends too but have zero credit so no extra charges

• Advertisement

Sim arrived this morning, so I’m guessing ive to wait till sometime tomorrow as that’s what i put on porting page.

Strange you can’t do it manually, I’ll leave the Vodafone sim in old phone to keep an eye on it

Advertisement