Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Active Watch 2

• 07-10-2019 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Just snapped up a gread deal on Littlewoods (not oftern you can say that).

The new Samsung Active watch is normally €329.99 (from Samsung too). I got it for €264 using the discount code PAQAV for 20% off. This is the larger 44mm one.

It is also eligable for pay nothing for 6 months if you want to put it on the account.

Quite a nice deal for a newly released product.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

I tired the code for the smaller version but it doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SSeanSS

Thanks OP, can you play music from watch without having smartphone nearby? was hoping to get something for jogging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

code doesn't work on small or large watch for me ! pity, good price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

davehey79 wrote: »
    code doesn't work on small or large watch for me ! pity, good price

Strange that. Maybe it depends on your account. I have not bought anything off them in about 2 years, so perhaps they are happy to give the discount to some accounts to entice them back.

SSeanSS wrote: »
    Thanks OP, can you play music from watch without having smartphone nearby? was hoping to get something for jogging

Yeah i believe you can store up to 4gb on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Seems to have gone through for me. I've only ordered once off them, I think it was back in April. Possibly for accounts that haven't ordered in a while.

Cheers OP! Had my eyes on this

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have the first series of this brand of smart watch

Very worthwhile purchase and this looks even better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is it available in pink colour only?

The 44mm is only in black AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I can't use the code either. Bah!

• Advertisement

Miike wrote: »
    I can't use the code either. Bah!

That's so weird that it works for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

PAQAV doesn't work for me😔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Doesn't work for me, have a 5yo account that I've never made a purchase on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Tzardine wrote: »
    Yeah i believe you can store up to 4gb on it.

Can confirm. Had mine a couple of months now and you can store 4gb on it for remote listening. The watch connects seperately to BT headphones.

Overall the watch is really excellent. I am using it with an s8+ Galaxy.

The battery lasts just about a day (5.30am wake up until 10pm at night) and charges unbelievably quick.

The only complaint I have is that the matt black paint has chipped around the sides and I have not dropped it or hit it off anything. I am contemplating returning it for a new one but have not got around to it yet.

yermandan wrote: »
    Can confirm. Had mine a couple of months now and you can store 4gb on it for remote listening. The watch connects seperately to BT headphones.

Overall the watch is really excellent. I am using it with an s8+ Galaxy.

The battery lasts just about a day (5.30am wake up until 10pm at night) and charges unbelievably quick.

The only complaint I have is that the matt black paint has chipped around the sides and I have not dropped it or hit it off anything. I am contemplating returning it for a new one but have not got around to it yet.

the galaxy active watch 2 has only just come out for sale so not sure how you'd have it for two months - presume that you mean the first one? the second one is a decent upgrade over the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

The bargain alert swiftly evaporates if you don't pay it off at once.
    40% interest.

eglobal will have it (active 2) soon enough for a big saving.

the first one (still not that old at all and not a bad watch) is there for less than €150 whereas littlewoods are looking for €225 for it.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=galaxy+active

no customs as comes through eu, about 10 days delivery.

I have used Eglobal before. Actually bought the first version of this watch for my wife, and an Honor phone from them.

Price is good if you dont mind to wait. Delivery is painfully slow though, well over a month for both orders I did. Nowhere near the 10 days they quoted.

Tzardine wrote: »
    I have used Eglobal before. Actually bought the first version of this watch for my wife, and an Honor phone from them.

Price is good if you dont mind to wait. Delivery is painfully slow though, well over a month for both orders I did. Nowhere near the 10 days they quoted.

I've put through 5 or 6 orders with them for phones and other stuff and never over 10 biz days.

some have had delays I've heard yes.

geekbuying and honor buy (v.quick as dhl next day) are quicker but less stock choice and not as cheap.

(need to look for European stock with these last 2 options)

vandriver wrote: »
    The bargain alert swiftly evaporates if you don't pay it off at once.
    40% interest.

Agreed, Littlewoods do gouge you on the interest. Although with this offer I was given the choice to pay nothing for 6 months, and free of interest if you did.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    I've put through 5 or 6 orders with them for phones and other stuff and never over 10 biz days.

some have had delays I've heard yes.

geekbuying and honor buy (v.quick) are quicker but less stock choice and not as cheap.

I would say the certain of the big sellers are probably warehoused somewhere in Europe, but my two definitely came from China, and took ages. Their tracking is useless too. It is made up, scripted tracking info.

In saying that, I would use them if I was in no hurry for the item. The prices are untouchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Sorry folks, know it's not a BA, but is there any way of using this watch for card payments?

I read Samsung Pay doesn't work in Ireland - not sure if that's out of date info..

Advertisement